Subscribe
    Feb 25, 2016, 3:41 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Real Parts Obi Build!! #176

I've had similar experiences with my parents, too. I few days ago I had to explain to them what a Graflex is. I have a TCSS saber that looks kinda like a Graflex (these parts)

(I bought/made it before I knew anything about props/Graflexes)

*Explaining why I'm buying a real Graflex*

Dad: "Isn't that close enough?"
    Me: Ha ha.... No.
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Feb 25, 2016, 6:40 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Real Parts Obi Build!! #177

mugatu said: View Post
    She even knows some of your screen names without having any real clue who is behind them. She always asks me how Sym-Cha and Funkyjedi are. It's always Sym-Cha and Funkyjedi.
    Well to stay on target ... you can show her this picture ... Sym-Cha as a Funky Jedi shot with a G R A F L E X camera on 4x5 black and white film ... with an OB1 ANH lightsaber ... albeit my first replica

Chaim
  3. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    Apr 11, 2016, 5:21 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Real Parts Obi Build!! #178

Ok... so a quick update to my Vader ESB M.P.P. build (wow that's a lot of acronyms!)...

Thanks to @mugatu I now have an accurate vintage M.P.P. clamp complete with its sleeve intact!

A quick recap for those of you following at home: I managed to luck out and get my hands on a M.P.P. flashgun a couple of years ago and while I knew that the shroud was incorrect (two-step), unbeknownst to me, it also had a variant clamp that did not have the sleeve that typically comes underneath the clamp.

I picked up a Parks clamp to use the sleeve, but that's when I found out that my clamp was too small to accept a sleeve (hence the 'variant clamp').

Here are some comparison pictures of my old clamp and my new one to highlight the differences:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2312.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	613842 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2313.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	613843

Name:	IMG_2314.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	613844 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2315.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	613845

And of course it was a gorgeous sunny spring day here in BC on Saturday so I couldn't resist some beauty shots

Name:	IMG_2316.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	613846 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2317.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	613847 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2318.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	613848

Name:	IMG_2319.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	613849 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2320.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	613850 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2321.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	613851

And one last fun picture with my "Vader-ish" lightsaber that I'm building for fun with a Busch flashgun that now (temporarily at least) sports a new clamp

Name:	IMG_2322.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	613853

Still need to drill that shroud to add the D-ring... but hopefully soon!
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Apr 11, 2016, 5:46 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - M.P.P. ESB Update! #179

I think Blast Tech used your variant clamp to model theirs so long ago. sleeves wont fit either

sexy saber man!
  5. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    May 19, 2016, 11:56 AM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Graflex ESB Update! #180

A minor update this time...

I just received my new vintage clamp card from @parfaitelumiere, which replaces my old vintage clamp card, because this one apparently has the proper thin silver bars (always something around here.... )

Looks pretty good I think!

From
    Vancouver, BC. Canada
    May 19, 2016, 12:03 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Graflex ESB Update! #181

And some day soon.... I go down to Seattle for a day trip of drillin' holes!
  7. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    May 19, 2016, 12:26 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Graflex ESB Update! #182

NeoRutty said: View Post
    And some day soon.... I go down to Seattle for a day trip of drillin' holes!
    You ever find your helmet?
    From
    Vancouver, BC. Canada
    May 19, 2016, 12:34 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Graflex ESB Update! #183

Edraven99 said: View Post
    You ever find your helmet?
    Yup. @Bigturc hooked me up with an AP B - cast for a deal. There are people who are going to shed a tear when they see a finished bucket get scrawled all over.

I'll have to post it in the autograph thread!

"Here's my stormie bucket signed by 40 people no one's heard of... ignore the penis doodles."
  9. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    Aug 22, 2016, 1:42 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Graflex ESB Update! #184

Minor update... but it's amazing how something as small as a D ring can help to finish off the look of something...

Special thanks to @Sym-Cha for the correct sized vintage D-ring and to @NeoRutty and his buddy with the drill press for the... well... drilling

So this is about 98% there... well until I can find a proper one-step shroud... I just need to replace the bubble strip with the frosted strip that I traded for.

On to the next couple of projects....

From
    Los Angeles
    Aug 22, 2016, 2:19 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - MPP ESB Update! #185

At this point I'm almost more jealous of people who find full length Canons than ones who find Graflexes.
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Aug 22, 2016, 4:40 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - MPP ESB Update! #186

MPP looks great ... just one tip towards that D-ring ... clip a little of the both ends hidden inside the shroud this will give you a little more room to adjust and squeeze the rest of the D into a more D or rounder shape as seen here :

Chaim
  12. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    Aug 23, 2016, 11:20 AM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - MPP ESB Update! #187

Sym-Cha said: View Post
    MPP looks great ... just one tip towards that D-ring ... clip a little of the both ends hidden inside the shroud this will give you a little more room to adjust and squeeze the rest of the D into a more D or rounder shape as seen here :

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...-Cha/MPP05.jpg

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...pseavwlnoo.jpg

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...psoesdxjod.jpg

Chaim
    Interesting... I actually *did* snip off a little of the ends... I didn't realize that that much material needed to be taken out though... thanks!
  13. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    Aug 27, 2016, 3:58 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - MPP ESB Update! #188

Chaim
    What do you think Chaim, better?

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	658623Click image for larger version. 

Views:	30 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	658624Click image for larger version. 

Views:	37 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	658625
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Aug 28, 2016, 5:20 AM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - MPP ESB Update! #189

Indeed Edraven99 ... that's a great improvement ... do you agree?

Chaim
  15. Member Since
    Mar 2000
    Aug 29, 2016, 4:25 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Graflex ESB Update! #190

What are you making with non-Graflex flash?
  16. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    Aug 29, 2016, 5:54 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Graflex ESB Update! #191

Banquo Fett said: View Post
    What are you making with non-Graflex flash?
    Another lightsaber of course

A great example that I will most likely copy:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=254035
  17. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    Sep 22, 2016, 12:07 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - a Non-Lightsaber Update?! Wha?? #192

Well... the wheels, they are in motion in my next big add to my collection... and it's not a lightsaber

This opportunity came on unexpectedly, but definitely a 'grail' item to be sure and I can hardly wait!

We're still months away, but I've already started collecting parts for it in anticipation...

A little tease for those who know what these are for, and for those who don't to ponder over:

Name:	IMG_3214.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	666200

Can't wait!
  18. RPF Premium Member juajn7fernandez's Avatar
    Sep 22, 2016, 1:50 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - a Non-Lightsaber Update?! Wha?? #193

Looks like some one is putting together a very accurate ANH helmet. I've never been able to find these specific ones. I only have the wider ones that have to be modified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Sep 22, 2016, 2:02 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - a Non-Lightsaber Update?! Wha?? #194

I wonder what the value of those ANH 'apple tabs', as I recall them being called, is in regards to current days G R A F L E X's value

Chaim
  20. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    Sep 22, 2016, 2:31 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - a Non-Lightsaber Update?! Wha?? #195

I wonder what the value of those ANH 'apple tabs', as I recall them being called, is in regards to current days G R A F L E X's value

Chaim
    Heh... the demand for them I don't think is *quite* as high as the demand for G R A F L E X's so they're still "reasonable"; at least the set I got was. That and I don't think too many people know what they're for... even in the Star Wars prop community... Hell I didn't even know they existed until I started down this dark path....
  21. RPF Premium Member NeoRutty's Avatar
    From
    Vancouver, BC. Canada
    Sep 22, 2016, 2:51 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - a Non-Lightsaber Update?! Wha?? #196

Man I bought ONE helmet kit... ONE... and it opened the door to wanting a Kylo helmet... which is now another project.

thankfully, like the MPP, I'm not a huge Vader guy, so I won't likely fall down that rabbit hole...

But I thoroughly look forward to seeing what you got coming.
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Sep 22, 2016, 3:43 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - a Non-Lightsaber Update?! Wha?? #197

Edraven99 said: View Post
    Heh... the demand for them I don't think is *quite* as high as the demand for G R A F L E X's so they're still "reasonable"; at least the set I got was. That and I don't think too many people know what they're for... even in the Star Wars prop community... Hell I didn't even know they existed until I started down this dark path....
    Do they come with their counterpart that sits inside the dome ... or is there just one kind which fits into eachother on either side ... mask and dome?

Chaim
  23. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    Sep 22, 2016, 3:56 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - a Non-Lightsaber Update?! Wha?? #198

Do they come with their counterpart that sits inside the dome ... or is there just one kind which fits into eachother on either side ... mask and dome?

Chaim
    That I don't know.... yet. I managed to get a hold of two 'sets' - which are presented as having a 'top' and a 'bottom' and they're in transit to me now. I have a sneaky suspicion that the pieces are interchangeable based on all of the pictures that I've seen, but I won't know for certain until I have them in hand...
  24. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    Sep 28, 2016, 12:10 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - a Non-Lightsaber Update?! Wha?? #199

Chaim
    First batch of tabs have arrived and I *can* confirm that there are no "tops" and "bottoms"... All of the tabs are identical and can be interchangeably used... the problem of course is that you need three sets to be completely accurate....

Name:	IMG_3235.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	257.7 KB 
ID:	667946
  25. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    Oct 18, 2016, 5:52 PM - Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Obi Wan Display WIP #200

Well, thanks to @NeoRutty and his buddy's drill work on my original chrome AS hand wheel and @teecrooz for the authentic booster cone, it's almost time to put my baby to bed.... I still need a custom stand made and a plaque designed and made as well, but I've started thinking about how I'm going to display everything.

As always... thoughts and suggestions are appreciated