Edraven99's Collection Tread - Long Overdue Updates

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread

Interesting ... might I inquire who made those replica booster cones? And did you perhaps use one for the emitter cone in the balance pipe as well?

Chaim

I had them made!

Last edited:
Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Real Parts Obi Complete! Sort of

I love it!

One sweet build man. Congratulations.

OMG: truly a piece of art...I love Obi saber, congrats mate!!!

Thanks guys! Definitely not something I ever dreamed I could put together with so many moving parts and how hard it is to find all of these parts these days... the booster was the hardest part for me to to source... who would have thought that?

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Real Parts Obi Complete! Sort of

I don't know how you can get better... but I guess we'll see! I assume we're talking the cuts of the grenade?

Probably not by much... but the devil is in the details so we'll see... but for now I still giggle like a prepubescent school girl every time I pick it up :)

Now time to figure out how to properly display it!!

OMG is this saber beautiful. Great work man! Inspires me to finish at least ONE of my open projects...

Congratulations David! I have been wanting to see it all together for a while now and it looks amazing!

Oh man! Looking superfly! Man I am still on the lookout for the perfect grenade too.

The derwent nine will probably never happen again unfortunately. We're certainly lucky and I won't sell mine at any price south of CRAZYINSANEDOLLARS

Thanks guys! like I said... I couldn't put everything together with out ample amounts of help from both of you!

And yep... the Derwent Nine was all about timing and a little dumb luck... who knows when the stars will align like that again....

the pommel cube section is re-chromed?

Good eye! Yes it is... my other sink knob is original chrome... but it hasn't been drilled to hold a D-ring yet.... the one in the picture came re-chromed, and pre-drilled with the D-ring already installed when I bought it....

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread

Interesting ... might I inquire who made those replica booster cones? And did you perhaps use one for the emitter cone in the balance pipe as well?

Chaim

I had them made!

Yup! Here was his interest thread in the JY:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=222460&highlight=booster

No... I didn't use it for the emitter cone... that's a Roman adapter...

In order to make the cone fit the BP you'd have to file down the screw threads a bit... or if you wanted to use the short end, you'd have to saw off the screw threads entirely... and then it also becomes a question of how to attach it to the grenade body... it is doable though from the looks of things....

****ing A that's beautiful! How did you bolt your pommel on? (Given the smaller hole that won't fit an 8/32 rod? Great work man, seriously impressed over here.

I used two different sized carriage bolts - one to connect the emitter to the grenade body and then a second, smaller one to connect the booster to the tap handle... the grenade body and the booster are both in turn connected to each other using one of Roman's hollow adapters.

Ultimately. however, I intend to re-thread a 8/32 rod partially to allow for it to fit the smaller handwheel hole and eliminate the need for the interconnecting adapter....

I'll take pictures of the set up and post them when I get home later tonight....

Nearly forgot about Romans empty adapter, I think I may pick up one of those!

****ing A that's beautiful! How did you bolt your pommel on? (Given the smaller hole that won't fit an 8/32 rod? Great work man, seriously impressed over here.

As promised... here are a couple of pictures of those carriage bolts I was talking about...

As I mentioned, they're two different sizes to accommodate Roman's cone adapter and the grenade stem and to accommodate the smaller diameter of the AS handwheel hole. As you can see, the lengths of these bolts are pretty much perfect with only a single washer and nut required to secure the handwheel to the booster (and to account for the wider hole of the booster).

The booster and the grenade are then held together with Roman's hollow space adapter. All in all, everything is on there very securely!

Build 1.jpgBuild 2.jpgBuild 3.jpgBuild 4.jpg

Again, I still want to try and incorporate the booster cone into my build, so eventually I want to re-tap one of Roman's full length connecting rods to accommodate the smaller AS Handwheel hole and eliminate the need for the hollow adapter...

Build 1.jpg

Build 2.jpg

Build 3.jpg

Build 4.jpg

Very well done! I had pictured the pommel bolt facing the other way for some reason - this is very straight forward. Thanks for the pics too!

David, I can feel the anger (and envy) growing! Your OB1 ANH looks amazing!

Woohoo... new grenade *finally* arrived and she's a beauty!!!!!

Grooves are, from what I can tell, symmetrical and it looks like it was never painted. Brass is a nice deep rich brown as well... can't wait to see what it looks like with all of the other pieces!!

DSC01582.JPGDSC01583.JPG
DSC01584.JPG
DSC01585.JPGDSC01586.JPG

DSC01582.JPG

DSC01583.JPG

DSC01584.JPG

DSC01585.JPG

DSC01586.JPG

Holy crap. Nice!:thumbsup

Damn! That is a beautiful grenade, David. Congrats on that!

About time it showed up! Looks great.

Nice piece! Colors are great.

congrats on the find! You're a lucky guy, you have a piece of history right there :)

NICE! Looks almost exactly like mine. My brass wasn't browned though at all... was super brassy at first. Looking good!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back