Edraven99's Collection Tread - Long Overdue Updates

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread

I am planning on revisiting my ESB and possibly extending the notch grooves of my bottom tube to have better placement of the stamping.

Very interesting.... I hadn't considered doing something like that Andy... that might be worth while.

I'll try and post pictures tonight of what the current stamp placings would be so that everyone can see what I mean...

So here's what I meant about the stamp placements (and yes the Kobold clip is not perfectly aligned with the t-track on purpose as per the Wampa scene screen grab):

Pristine 3-cell bottom:
IMG_1705.JPG

Slightly pitted/corroded 3-cell:
IMG_1699.JPG

As a side... I also think I messed up with the lengths for my t-tracks... I followed Gino's measurements - at least I thought I did - and they look a little too short...

Tube "extended" as far is it can go:

IMG_1702.JPGIMG_1701.JPG

Tube pushed in as far as it can go:
IMG_1703.JPG

It doesn't look too bad with the tube "pushed in".... but it looks like there's too much of a gap when the tube is extended.

I might have to re-order another set of tracks and start over again :( What do you guys think?

IMG_1705.JPG

IMG_1699.JPG

IMG_1702.JPG

IMG_1701.JPG

IMG_1703.JPG

I have 2 graflexs and the bottom tubes are about a millimetre different in length.

Pushed in it looks alright... pushed out it MAY Be a little short, but if you hadn't said that, I would never have noticed. Even then, I can't recall where it actually sits on the ranch one, or if it's pushed in or not...

I'd even have to look at mine when I get home to see where it's sitting.

That said, I didn't even notice that it was sightly off int he wampa scene. I put mine pretty much straight on.

I dunno about the Folmer vs... this may be a dumb question, but have you tried flipping the tube 180... it may show more of the folmer, but then I assume it's on the wrong side of the clip?

I dunno about the Folmer vs... this may be a dumb question, but have you tried flipping the tube 180... it may show more of the folmer, but then I assume it's on the wrong side of the clip?

Unfortunatly on the pristine tube, even if you were to flip it 180 the clip would still wind up covering up the "New", which in my estimation is the main lettering that needs to be showing...

As for the grip lengths, I also made the same mistake of following Gino's measurements instead of taking measurements of my flash. I tried to live with them being shorter but ultimately bought a new set from Roy and made sure to measure the flash before I cut again.

As for the grip lengths, I also made the same mistake of following Gino's measurements instead of taking measurements of my flash. I tried to live with them being shorter but ultimately bought a new set from Roy and made sure to measure the flash before I cut again.

Weird. Just checked mine. I completely followed Gino's guidlines and mine are fine.

Maybe the 3 cell bottoms do have differing lengths

Weird. Just checked mine. I completely followed Gino's guidlines and mine are fine.

Maybe the 3 cell bottoms do have differing lengths

Yeah, looking at the pics of your build it looks like your tracks are almost flush with the endcap as well as the clamp bottom... mine looks to be about 1/4 inch too short to follow suit :(

Wanted to post this as a special shout out to Charlie (#Serenity)!!

I asked him to blue and weather my replica booster cones for me and what can I say... the man does phenomenal work!!! It looks like the real deal!! I can't wait to use this in my Obi build Thanks again Charlie!!!

IMG_1707.JPGIMG_1708.JPGIMG_1709.JPG
IMG_1710.JPGIMG_1711.JPG

IMG_1707.JPG

IMG_1708.JPG

IMG_1709.JPG

IMG_1710.JPG

IMG_1711.JPG

Well... I promised myself that I wasn't going to post my Obi build until I was 100% complete and 100% happy with it...

But then Ellery (NeoRutty) came by my place the other week to swap some parts, and having the chance to "talk shop" with a fellow RPFer in person and about lightsabers to boot... well... I couldn't resist putting everything together.... you know... just to see what it would look like :$

First off... special shout outs have to be made to Scott, Roman and Charlie for all of their advice and help along the way in making this build happen and to everyone else that was involved in the "Derwent Nine"; it was a group effort and rare buy and I feel privileged that I was able to play some small part in helping it happen...

Thanks as well to Kurtyboy and KhalDrogo and Chaim and anyone else who's helped me with obtaining all of my parts along the way.

But most of all, thanks to Chris for all of his selfless help sourcing of parts for everyone and all of the knowledge and advice that is so freely given to anyone who is insane enough to try and embark upon this build... I definitely couldn't have done this without ya buddy!

It's still not quite there... I have another grenade (in my hunt for the "perfect" grenade.... something else I can thank Chris for! :darnkids) that I bought back in February that's only now making its way to me from the UK that I want to swap in, and I still want to try and incorporate one of my replica booster cones and vintage cotter pins into my build; but for now, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves....

DSC01572_zpsqfmqwgkm.jpg

DSC01571_zpsp2ywy9el.jpg

DSC01573_zps7pjyijnl.jpg

DSC01576_zpsndpozvzc.jpg

DSC01575_zpsidm7utax.jpg

DSC01577_zpsmc6s3wnm.jpg

DSC01578_zpsjcfcx8in.jpg

DSC01580_zpstf4gytr1.jpg

DSC01579_zpszlzpeecc.jpg

DSC01568_zpswdaiirwz.jpg

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Real Parts Obi Complete! Sort of

I don't know how you can get better... but I guess we'll see! I assume we're talking the cuts of the grenade?

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - Real Parts Obi Complete! Sort of

Congratulations David! I have been wanting to see it all together for a while now and it looks amazing!

One sweet build man. Congratulations.

Oh man! Looking superfly! Man I am still on the lookout for the perfect grenade too.

The derwent nine will probably never happen again unfortunately. We're certainly lucky and I won't sell mine at any price south of CRAZYINSANEDOLLARS

Scott! don't put that out into the universe!!! Though if all I end up with is the male altered, well that will be okay as well. Kinda part of the derwent 9... Heh

OMG: truly a piece of art...I love Obi saber, congrats mate!!!

I asked him to blue and weather my replica booster cones for me ...

Interesting ... might I inquire who made those replica booster cones? And did you perhaps use one for the emitter cone in the balance pipe as well?

Chaim

****ing A that's beautiful! How did you bolt your pommel on? (Given the smaller hole that won't fit an 8/32 rod? Great work man, seriously impressed over here.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back