Edraven99's Collection Tread - Long Overdue Updates

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - A Trimming We Will Go!

You dedication and attention to detail is amazing. 3 years perfecting these sabres is a hell of a journey. They look amazing so far.

More progress! I finally managed to file down the bubble edges and once again, I am very happy how they turned out (and yes the masking was mostly unnecessary, but there were a couple of slips here and there that were close calls!).

Let me say however that it is a pain in the ass to do... mainly because the surface area you have to work with is so small... but a little patience and perseverance...

IMG_4010.JPG
IMG_4011.JPG
IMG_4013.JPG
IMG_4014.JPG
IMG_4015.JPG

I tried to cheat a bit and just use clear tape to secure the circuit board... which didn't work out so great.... so clear epoxy it will be!

I think I'll also shave a bit more of the ledge... I didn't want to go too deep initially because there isn't a lot of material to work with to begin with, but I think a few more mm off is in order to make it a bit more flush with the clamp edges...

Almost there.... :D

IMG_4010.JPG

IMG_4011.JPG

IMG_4013.JPG

IMG_4014.JPG

IMG_4015.JPG

Yeah I should throw my exactra cards under the bubble strips... not like I'm doing anything with them.

Looks pretty much dead-on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG! A non Vader MPP or Obi update :eek

I disassembled my very first Graflex top! This will eventually be used for my vintage Graflex Vader ROTJ stunt saber build.

Scary as hell of course since I was afraid I was going to screw something up or break something but so far so good!

I still need to pop off the beer can tab (any advice? I thought I could just pop it off but it's not a simple as I thought it would be - I think I might just drip it out now that the innards are out of the way) and flatten the bunny ears holder (any advice on this as well?).

I also ran my unibody Starkiller V2 through the dishwasher a couple of times... very happy of how dulled down the finish is. Here's a shot of it with my Nicksdad for comparison.
IMG_4131.JPG

I also sanded away the machine marks away from the pommel cubes.

So I've only been casually reading the prep thread on this, but the Mystery Chunk placement on this thing is different supposedly? Where in relation to the D-ring holes should it go? Same with the machine mark. I know that it's been discovered that there should be another set screw on the emitter, but there was also something about the pommel cubes on the unibody being wrong? Anything else I've missed?

IMG_4132.JPG

IMG_4131.JPG

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - A Non Obi Related Update?!?

Wait til I have half a dozen holes drilled into it ;)

That's not funny. Now I'm going to have to cough up the $975 or whatever it is for that Telegraph Button GRAFLEX on eBay... just to keep someone else from tearing off the telegraph part. And/or turning it into a Supertrooper/Boba Fett Concept rifle. ;)

So, a couple of holes eh? Vader stunt in the works?

This will eventually be used for my vintage Graflex Vader ROTJ stunt saber build.

Nevermind my last, I see it now. I saw the disassembled GRAFLEX and started reading up from that. I'd stopped reading at "pop off the beer can tab" and typed my first as fast I can type.

Re: Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - A Non Obi Related Update?!?

I honestly have yet to successfully flatten the bunny ears tabs. On a Larbel the metal started to split like bread dough, and on a graflex slave I destroyed the bunny ear pin, and then couldn't get them to go past like 30 degrees :lol

I honestly have yet to successfully flatten the bunny ears tabs. On a Larbel the metal started to split like bread dough, and on a graflex slave I destroyed the bunny ear pin, and then couldn't get them to go past like 30 degrees :lol

Not inspiring lol...

Not inspiring lol...

Hahaha

What I used were big strong needle nose pliers or flat pliers with a pointy tip (you need thin ones to get the angle) and slowly bent them in. after a while I couldnt figure out a way to get in there without turning it upside down and pressing them on the table, if that helps

Hahaha

What I used were big strong needle nose pliers or flat pliers with a pointy tip (you need thin ones to get the angle) and slowly bent them in. after a while I couldnt figure out a way to get in there without turning it upside down and pressing them on the table, if that helps

I was thinking of using pliers for as far as it'll go and then maybe using a vice clamp for the rest of the way if I can find one small enough...

You can usually pry the beer tab out easily enough with a thin flat head screw driver. They usually pop right out. If it snaps, just use a tiny punch to push the remaining nub back the other way. I've really come to love this one of Vader's sabers. Really looking forward to you taking a whack at it! If you find a really good door latch, save one for me ;)

Edraven99's Real Parts Lightsaber Build Thread - A Non Obi Related Update?!?

Not inspiring lol...

I may be getting a vintage flex with the bunny ear tabs almost flattened already so it it possible. If I do get it, I'll see if I can work out how it was done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grab that sucker with pliers and twist. it'll snap off.

grab that sucker with pliers and twist. it'll snap off.

lol... I've tried pliers, tapping it out, sanding down the bottom, and wedging a thin screwdriver underneath and prying (which broke a chunk off of the screwdriver)... the damn thing is near indestructible!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back