ghostryder

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=113017

WW1IZj0.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Neil Blomkamp's A L I E N movie

It's called flogging a dead horse.

No one can make the Alien or Terminator franchises ever cool again.

Ridley Scott showed he doesn't care (Prometheus) and James Cameron is making 25 sequels of the modern version of a video game for young children complete with nothing real.

Neill Blomkamp's claim to fame is D9. It has merit, but it's hardly Alien/Aliens or T1/T2.

And Chappie looks like Reel Steel again with Wolverine Jackson;)

It could be worse I suppose....Lens Flare Man could be making a new SW Franchise....:sick........I stand corrected:lol.............please god kill me:wacko

I love the shot of the derelict, am a bit weirded out by the Ripley/xeno hybrid, and confused by the shot of her and Hicks.

Still looks like it'd have been better than Prometheus.

No one can make the Alien or Terminator franchises ever cool again.

ALIEN ISOLATION would argue that point. It's been making the top 10 games of 2014 lists across the board (Even Yahtzee put it on his top 5) and is still doing great in the sales charts. So it is possible so long as you're not covering it up with stupid.

i.e.
1. Retcon every gawddang thing that's been established in the alien movies just so we can make another one that's not any good. (ALIEN3)
2. You know what color palette would look great on every single thing in this movie? Brown. (Alien: Resurrection)
3. There have been ALIENS on Earth throughout the entire course of human history and are still around in the 2000s in a frozen temple down at the bottom of Antarctica. (AvP)
4. Aliens invade a home town in America and somehow a bomb manages to wipe every single one of them out (THAT NEVER WORKS!)
5. Aliens actually originated from humans so they're no longer ALIEN. (Prometheus)
6. Ripley likes to wipe her memory clean of horrible events. (Whatever those recent new books are)

I find the infested derelict ship interesting. How did they manage to contain the infestation within the ship and not anywhere else? And how did they repair the starboard section of the ship when it was trashed in ALIENS? I know I'm using the Special Edition for reference, but that is the director's prefered cut, as it is mine!

It's not so much that they can't make the franchise cool again it's the fact that it took a video game company full of fans of the original to do it right. Which is the entire problem: everyone who gets the rights to make the movies want to make it hip and cool and not what it was originally, you can still make it your movie without ignoring all the things that worked in the past. It's just that hollywood's full of hacks that can't write or direct these days.

He posted these few minutes ago.

"Awesome Art by Geoffroy Thoorens #hicks"

10890506_327553757454276_1937848591_n.jpg

"And Doug Williams - maybe I'll go back to it ....love the world"

10899090_1391074267859688_1222756462_n.jpg

Look at the zillion iterations of the classic monsters, it went on and on.

The eighties wave of Predators, Aliens, Terminators created a whole new
era but that wave is still being ridden just like the classic monsters were and still are sometimes.

I wonder when/if we might see another explosion of new creations like that?

If anyone is wondering, all this was not official. Also the studio didn't know. Neill also tweeted the following yesterday.

"Ps this has nothing to do with the studio. I just feel like I might do something else instead. In which case why not show some work-"

"They didn't really even know I was working on it ha"

I love the shot of the derelict, am a bit weirded out by the Ripley/xeno hybrid, and confused by the shot of her and Hicks.

Still looks like it'd have been better than Prometheus.

I think the Ripley Xeno Hybrid is either one of two things: either a clone of Ripley that's even more Xeno than Ripley2 in Alien: Resurrection, or it's a space suit ala Prometheus (I'm thinking this is more likely due to the fact that one of the side shots mentions the "Space Jockey", which suggests that the Ripley/Xeno may actually just be Ripley in a space suit that looks drastically similar to the Xeno, much like how the Engineers have drastically alien looking spacesuits).

She'll be the xenos Queen or drone when she wears the suit and she'll be able to train them like raptors...

Let Weaver have one last hurrah...she still looks good.

Last edited:

10890506_327553757454276_1937848591_n.jpgNewt-+-Hicks.jpegw-weaver-and-biehn.jpg

Not sure how Hicks has gone from slightly burnt to full on half my face has melted look ?!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back