STAR WARS EP 7 Kylo Ren build

I can't tell if the costume has gloves or hands are messed up. Looks like the hands are messed up - either way, I'm diggin it.

I'm hoping someone will think to get a picture of his plaque. All of the others list the basic materials used, but I haven't seen anybody get a shot of Kylo's

From a buddy who's there:

10678549_942394562491751_1757875910103984749_n.jpg

You mean to say Kylo Ren is wearing freaking Wranglers?!

He's a cowboy under all that cloth.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm planning on trying my luck at a Kylo Ren costume also. Been planning it ever since the first photo leaked of him. I already have a pep file of his helmet, It will need a lot of modification though because that helmet has A LOT of greeblies and detail.

I plan to model, 3D print, and cast his "mask" (I know the concept art shows it as a full helmet but there's no way to tell if they implemented an actual helmet under the hood so for now I'm just doing a mask).

In the meantime, here's a shot of his hand since someone asked about his gloves.

20150417-exhibition-kylo-ren-05-bg.jpg

I plan to model, 3D print, and cast his "mask" (I know the concept art shows it as a full helmet but there's no way to tell if they implemented an actual helmet under the hood so for now I'm just doing a mask).

In the meantime, here's a shot of his hand since someone asked about his gloves.

View attachment 465596

I'm pretty sure it's still a full helmet. I've got one shot where you can see a little slice of the bottom of the flare out part of the nazi-inspired helmet back part.

I'm pretty sure it's still a full helmet. I've got one shot where you can see a little slice of the bottom of the flare out part of the nazi-inspired helmet back part.

Yeah, I've seen that one but couldn't tell if it was helmet or just the bottom portion of the mask being super long/wide along his face.

It's 100% there. The dome is the same color and finish as the front faceplate.

There are better closer pics out there.

ive seen too many pics in the last 24 hours or I would point you to them.

I have 1 saved on my iPhone... But...

How do you post pics straight from your phone? I only ever post pics from my computer and don't see any options?

Yeah, I've seen that one but couldn't tell if it was helmet or just the bottom portion of the mask being super long/wide along his face.

I mean... I have an Android phone so my Chrome app works just like a PC. Not sure if there's some special way you have to do it...

I see what you guys mean now. Would love to see what it looks like without the hood.

20150417-exhibition-kylo-ren-02-bg.jpg

I guess in the meantime we'll base the model off the concept art. Suppose it's as accurate as we can hope to get.

download (1).jpgb0TQAvn.jpg

Last edited:
I get on that plaque I posted that the hood + torso/skirt portion is made of the basket weave and looks like the undershirt is pleated from T-shirt type material and you can see a little bit of it under the chin too for a slight collar/low turtle neck perhaps. But what is the mid coat made out wool referring to?

I get on that plaque I posted that the hood + torso/skirt portion is made of the basket weave and looks like the undershirt is pleated from T-shirt type material and you can see a little bit of it under the chin too for a slight collar/low turtle neck perhaps. But what is the mid coat made out wool referring to?

If you look in the pic below you can kinda see the mid coat - there's definitely a thicker black garment between the outer coat and the shirt.

22422_10153940582715021_3543099686771596063_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I mean... I have an Android phone so my Chrome app works just like a PC. Not sure if there's some special way you have to do it...

I see what you guys mean now. Would love to see what it looks like without the hood.

View attachment 465619

I guess in the meantime we'll base the model off the concept art. Suppose it's as accurate as we can hope to get.

View attachment 465621View attachment 465620

Probably true until we get the toy or further promo shots. What I've noticed is that he doesn't seem to have any sort of lense in the helmet so I wonder if in close ups you'd be able to see his eyes....

Probably true until we get the toy or further promo shots. What I've noticed is that he doesn't seem to have any sort of lense in the helmet so I wonder if in close ups you'd be able to see his eyes....

There's definitely a close-up in the trailer with no eyes, although that could be due to it being nighttime? I still feel like we're unlikely to get many shots more "in your face" than this one, unless they removed his eyes for the trailer and they plan to show them in the actual movie?

z9VgNuX.jpg

There's definitely a close-up in the trailer with no eyes, although that could be due to it being nighttime? I still feel like we're unlikely to get many shots more "in your face" than this one, unless they removed his eyes for the trailer and they plan to show them in the actual movie?

View attachment 465627

Yeah I've been over that picture a million times. It could just be dark enough that his eyes don't show. If there is a lense there it's not on the display model - you can see the black mannequin head right through the helmet.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I've been over that picture a million times. It could just be dark enough that his eyes don't show. If there is a lense there it's not on the display model - you can see the black mannequin head right through the helmet.

although it's black across the eyes in all the artwork that leaked yesterday also so I don't know. When I eventually build this helmet I'll probably either put a tinted visor there or wear a blackout mask underneath...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back