HOOK (1991) - Props / Bear

EmmaInCandyland

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you had a Hook collection? And what would you consider worth to collect from Hook?

I am after the bear at the moment, and I was wondering if any of you had any info about it?

Do you know its size? By eye, he looks to be 10" tall, but not sure, what do you think?

Thanks everybody!

bearhook.jpg

Ps: I'm on Sarednab list for the Hook, I can't wait xD

Just have Hook's letter and a low res printout from the Pan page in Wendy's book... But just simple paper props... They're still available here in the Paper prop section, so the hook painting, which looks really awesome.

I would love to get the hook or pan's sword, but at the moment there are no funds left. I remember someone got a very nice Hook costume here... And someone got a great costume of Peter Pan... One member also made the dagger...

But check out yourprops, there are some sweet props... Some can easily be made; the lost boys arrow for example...

Just have Hook's letter and a low res printout from the Pan page in Wendy's book... But just simple paper props... They're still available here in the Paper prop section, so the hook painting, which looks really awesome.

I would love to get the hook or pan's sword, but at the moment there are no funds left. I remember someone got a very nice Hook costume here... And someone got a great costume of Peter Pan... One member also made the dagger...

But check out yourprops, there are some sweet props... Some can easily be made; the lost boys arrow for example...

Yeah I have seen all of these before starting this thread, but I was hoping to see more than the yourprops items and costumes, just, props, I know the book is quite expensive to get, so I'm leaving this on the side for now... But what about the pocket watch, or the hammer that served to smash it down? Could be fun items to have too :p

Or maybe captain hook glasses? :p Or the silver thimble?

I think the hammer is a found item, just check all hammers in the web, someone is the right one, I guess... :lol

I would also love to have the little pirate ship or one of the baseball shirts, even the baseball could become a nice prop in a display... But I think sword and hook, maybe the notice from Hook are enough for a nice display... I don't think it's worth to make such a deep research like people do it with BTTF or Indiana Jones...

My only hook prop.
A screen used hero crossbow.

View attachment 419125

That looks pretty cool!!!

@Onkelpsycho > I think it's worth doing some researches though :). I wish it was possible to have an exhibition book for Hook. The costumes and items are really cool to be fair. The movie is not as big as BTTF and Indiana Jones, but it would be a shame to leave it in shadows :p

So what about the size of the bear then? :p I might try to make it myself or find someone that could help for this.... I couldn't find any similar bear on the Internet :/

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the pistol Hook's using when he tries to commit suicide is a 1805 Flinstock pistol:

8787038_1.jpg

There's even the bird on the silver part x)

Hook_07.jpg

Hook's pistol looks completely silver though, without gold parts, but this could be light reflection?

I don't know if they have them where you are but here in the US they have Teddy Bear shows (usually part of doll shows) where you may find that type of bear or at least get information on it.
You could also look for Teddy Bear forums for information.

I don't know if they have them where you are but here in the US they have Teddy Bear shows (usually part of doll shows) where you may find that type of bear or at least get information on it.
You could also look for Teddy Bear forums for information.

I tried everywhere on the Internet and I couldn't find anything about this Teddy Bear except that Julia Roberts own the original from the production.

I have a small-ish hook collection, mostly of screen-used items. I own two of the screen-used Pan swords, some of the gold Smee steals from Hook's chest (also, the same gold used in Goonies), as well as a Pirate baseball hat and background sword, both from the Sony archives.

As others have stated, there is the "official" toy bear, that isn't too great, but can be found on eBay fairly easily. I'm not sure if the actual prop is a found item, or custom made. It might be Steiff?

6669425590dba3c41204776801791f3f.jpg

I have a small-ish hook collection, mostly of screen-used items. I own two of the screen-used Pan swords, some of the gold Smee steals from Hook's chest (also, the same gold used in Goonies), as well as a Pirate baseball hat and background sword, both from the Sony archives.

As others have stated, there is the "official" toy bear, that isn't too great, but can be found on eBay fairly easily. I'm not sure if the actual prop is a found item, or custom made. It might be Steiff?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/66/69/42/6669425590dba3c41204776801791f3f.jpg

It does look like a Steiff, but the nose doesn't look like any I have seen. I wonder if they didn't use a actual existing bear as the base and add a different snout?

I think you are right with that picture. The gold parts are not gold. They are bronze and it is reflection and angle that make it appear as white metal. If you look closely at it you will see the bronze coloring. BTW Loving this thread. I want to do a Hook one day.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the pistol Hook's using when he tries to commit suicide is a 1805 Flinstock pistol:

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/7482/8787038_1.jpg?v=8CC7EC12586B390

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...n/latest/scale-to-width/640?cb=20131028230428

There's even the bird on the silver part x)

http://www.imfdb.org/images/6/60/Hook_07.jpg

Hook's pistol looks completely silver though, without gold parts, but this could be light reflection?

I think you are right with that picture. The gold parts are not gold. They are bronze and it is reflection and angle that make it appear as white metal. If you look closely at it you will see the bronze coloring. BTW Loving this thread. I want to do a Hook one day.

I am glad it shows interest :p I thought I was the only crazy one thinking about these props haha!

Hi, I don't find information about the Jolly Roger miniature or the bear prop but i have in my collection some production drawing of the pirate ship and the ransom dagger.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back