Millennium Falcon - CG

adinelt

Hi folks,

I was looking for a new subject to model and decided on the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars. I found a slew of great reference photos of the 5 foot studio model, so that is what I will model. I am not a fast modeler, so what you see here is almost a month's worth of work. I am using Cinema 4D on this project. C&C always welcome.

mf_.jpg

mf_0001.jpg

mf_0002-1.jpg

mf_0003.jpg

mf_0004.jpg

mf_0007.jpg

mf_0008.jpg

Thanks guys.

Today's update doesn't really seem to show too much considering how long it's been since my last update. However, a lot of the time has been spent going through all the reference photos trying to find good images of the area I am working on. The hull plating was pretty easy to find, but the greebles were a different matter. Only found 3 reference images that I could use, but didn't show all angles that I wanted so some of the mesh is my interpretation of what I could see.

mf_0006-1.jpg

Thanks folks for the kind words.

Killermark, more pictures will be coming as I progress with the model.

Jaitea, I am usine Cinema 4D R12 Studio software. Been using it for a few years now and absolutely love it.

Al

Thanks to some photos that a fellow modeler provided, I redid some of the detail at the back of the cockpit walkway. I think it looks much better now and closer to the studio model.

mf_0007-1.jpg

Once again it has been slow going but I am gradually making progress. Started working on the details along the top of the cockpit walkway. Once I get the top done, it should go a bit faster working on the hull plating again. The amount of detail on the rear engine deck kind of gives me nightmares. There is just so much of it. Hoping that if I get the left side of the deck done, it can be mirrored to the right leaving the center section to do. But that is a ways off yet.

mf_0009.jpg

Hey folks. On another forum, one of the members mentioned that my Falcon looked like a hybrid of the 32 inch and 5 foot models. Based on the videos that Maruska had posted with ANH video clips and his 3D model matching up so well, I downloaded his blueprints and revised my model to better match them. I would really appreciated some feedback (good or bad) as to whether my CG model more closely resembles the 5 foot miniature now. Want to make sure I am on the right track before I retrofit the detail pieces that I have already done.

Thanks in advance...
Al

mf_0003-1.jpg

mf_0002-2.jpg

mf_0001-1.jpg

Wow! Hard to believe it has been almost 6 months since I last updated this thread. I worked on a couple of other projects, but am back to the Falcon now. I have concentrated on the walkway and all the little greeblies associated with it. Some of it is a little hard to make out in the photo references I have, but have done the best I can. Lot's more to do!

mf_0003_1.jpg

Wonderful bit of work! One thing caught my eye, however on the overall schematics. Didn't the cockpit tunnel tube actually intersect the lower saucer surface instead of setting completely above it? I seem to recall a weird bit of 'plating' that covered the gap this created... talking 5-footer though...

R/ Robert

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back