2014 Edition of the "What Did You Get for Christmas?"

My best friend got me the new Serenity ornamate, not quite the quality of the Dark Horse one but still neat... and that is the only thing I got.

I also got some forgiveness for what I owe my folks since there was money left over in the christmas club. First time that's ever happened but nobody had any clues what to get each other this year.

I usually don't get much. Got a Doctor Who quiz book, socks, and some chocolates. :)

However I get to tag along with the kids because we're taking them to Disney World in a month! That was their gift.

I got layed off my job and bought myself a huge hangover. they did give me a 13 pound turkey along with the BIG PINK SLIP f/u! im still eating it :wacko and the turkey:angry

Man of my own heart- Spyderco makes some amazing cutlery.

My wife added a tactical pen to my EDC which has been working out quite nicely!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/SpIice/96C393C2-EDF7-48CF-9E91-D5D55F2ACE75_zpsvlcmrl29.jpg
Actually, I'm not a huge fan of ~most~ of the Spyderco line. Not that they aren't well-made (because they clearly are), but because they are kind of ugly-looking (IMO). However, their higher-end knives are really quite sexy.

And I've been looking to pick up one of those tactical pens, but there are SO many brands/designs that I haven't been able to decide which one I want yet. Are the ink refills pretty generic, or do you have to buy specific ones from Gerber (& how easy are they to find)?

just arrived today (late)

Albion Armoury Conan the Barbarian Atlantean Sword

(R.I.P. Jody Samson)

5166DEEF-7D03-47B6-B16D-F892DD9C038C_zpsrm6e56r5.jpg

AA1EA8B0-9EC9-440E-B31C-A5A10B134724_zpsca6niw6d.jpg

Being from New England, the three tubs of Marshmallow Fluff... wow!
Industry related Art of and tech books (concept art, design, light, etc)
Headphones (from 'the cats', who had got through three wires so far... )
First dozen Universal Monsters films.
'These Are the Voyages' covering season one.

LEGO AT-AT (for the kid in me)
Keurig coffee maker for my desk at work
Sweater
Sound bar for my TV
Blu-Ray disks (Godzilla & Days Of Future Past)
Chia Zombie Head (white elephant gift)
Best of all... The whole family home for Christmas

I got a very nice surprise: a guitar I had given away to a student of mine about a decade ago...
A 1986 Fender Stratocaster '57 Reissue.

The student couldn't afford a guitar, but really wanted to play electric, and I had 12 guitars at the time, so I passed this one along as a gift. Always kinda regretted it, she was a very nice guitar.

So the day after Christmas I get a call, it's the student wanting to give it back, very thankful for having let me have it, and wanting to get it back to me so my kids could enjoy it, now that they're both playing electric guitar too :) WOOT.

Oh, and my VR6 Corrado gave me a blown headgasket, right as I went out to get supplies for Christmas dinner.
So my project car gave me the gift of MORE PROJECT. :)

I received hero shirts, movies, 2 ton jack with stands and a Millwaukee heated hoodie. Yesterday was -31°c, and i loved it. Millwaukee needs to make pants lol...GM

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back