Bandai release schedule

Blog entry on the reveal Darth Vader:

http://bandaihobby.hatenablog.com/entry/2018/09/10/180000

20180906160142.jpg

Damn, that thing actually made money?

It must've, considering they're reprinting it. Hopefully this means there would be more robust online exclusives.

Yeah, I forgot it's just a reprint. That's what I get for posting before my first Diet Coke of the day. ;)

They are also re-popping the Geonosis droid p-Bandai kit.

IMO the completely black designs are kinda boring. Just paint them white, weather the heck out of it and you'll end up with a visually much more appealing display piece. :)

Last edited:
Well if you've wanted another 1/6th scale figure, here's the Shadowtrooper in 1/6th scale.

As in the 1/12th scale, it will be a reuse of the Stormtrooper mold, only with the inverted colors filter applied.

Will be a regular release (the 1/12th scale is an online exclusive) and will ship in December.

https://bandai-hobby.net/item/3008/

Personally think Bandai's saving money for some new molds.

Last edited:
I finally broke down and purchased 2 clone troopers! I figured that the figures were more action figure than model kit but due to my love of Badnai's wizardry I thought, "why not?"

I have SO much respect for the engineering that goes into Bandai's work! Fabulous!

BUT it got me to thinking,...if we can't have figures with the vehicle kits because of an infringement on some action figure license, then how can we have these? Surelty they infringe on Hasbro's Black series!?

At firsst these were not allowed into North America either but are now!.....maybe there is hope for 72nd and 144th figures with our ships?

Well if you've wanted another 1/6th scale figure, here's the Shadowtrooper in 1/6th scale.

As in the 1/12th scale, it will be a reuse of the Stormtrooper mold, only with the inverted colors filter applied.

Will be a regular release (the 1/12th scale is an online exclusive) and will ship in December.

https://bandai-hobby.net/item/3008/

Personally think Bandai's saving money for some new molds.

So they are releasing both then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BUT it got me to thinking,...if we can't have figures with the vehicle kits because of an infringement on some action figure license, then how can we have these? Surelty they infringe on Hasbro's Black series!?

At first these were not allowed into North America either but are now!.....maybe there is hope for 72nd and 144th figures with our ships?
There must be some very specific language in those licensing agreements. I do agree that if the larger figures are now available to buy in this market (and they do have an overlap with someone else's product line)m I do not see why the little standing figures are still not included now.
It could even be OK now to include them but they just did't with the B-Wing- that kit didn't have the flats either I think...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back