Bandai release schedule

A heck of a lot of R&D went into designing and producing the PG Falcon, so that in itself goes some way in justifying the price.

This is just my opinion and applies only to myself. I've got all the vehicles so far and most of the Yamato 2199 including the 1/500 Yamato and maybe these have spoiled me but they are a GREAT deal for the money! I just find that the small MF's (72nd) from both Bandai and FM are not as good a value for bucks. For me personally I don't want to spend that kind of money just to spend weeks gluing on tiny pipes and pieces. if I wanted to do that I would just scratch build it in a larger scale.

for that kind of money I would expect a 32nd or at the very least a 48th scale model.

Again this is just me and may not make any sense to anyone else AND lots of people are very happy with their PG MF's and in the end that's what it's all about.

IMO, the PG Falcon is the most fun I've had building a model and the most satisfying. It's 99% accurate to the original filming miniature, which after 40-plus years surpasses all my childhood dreams. It's the most money I've ever paid for a kit, but I have zero regrets and would do it again. Bandai did its homework and every time I look at the model -- regardless of the angle or lighting condition -- I think, "Yup, it looks right." I haven't had to perform major surgery to fix problems, but it has enough pieces to make me feel like I really built the thing. I could never scratch build any of the detail to the degree of accuracy that this kit delivers, regardless of scale. Where I've added things, it's because the kit inspired me to dig deep for every last speck of authenticity (to be fair, Lab dug deep and I stole his research). Building the model has been like an archeological research project - in a good way. Tons of fun! Honestly, for me it was worth every penny.

Oh man, I cant wait to tackle that B-Wing painting again. It was pretty rewarding on the old AMT ERTIL snap.... the bandai will be soo much more accurate. I need to tone down the airbrush cannon hits (I had just got my airbrush when I did this). Probably going to roll with the wet pastel wash again. I noticed the orange squad markings are not really weathered on this bandai kit (at least in the pics shown). I always thought this was a standout feature for the studio model - man it was a pain on my AMT (exacto cut tape mask).

IMG_20160131_162704336.jpg

IMG_20160226_074751731.jpg

IMG_20160226_075015434.jpg

IMG_20160226_074949567.jpg

The way I look at it is to get an accurate Falcon with the "cheap" MPC model that is the quality of the Bandai one, I would be spending as much if not more on upgrade kits and donor kits in and plastic parts, in addition to all of the hours of work it would take to get it there.

So in that respect, the price of the PG Falcon, while steep, is worth it in the end

When I get mine it will consume my modeling budget for a year- I am trying to set funds aside for the TESB edition they should logically release in a year or so.
Yes, it is a very big chunk of change, but when you have a ship so well detailed they even have subsurface hardware inside the hull damage it is well worth it.

It will probably be the single most expensive kit I have purchased in the past 55 years and I do not do so lightly, but I have waited so long to find a well done kit of the Falcon and this particular one has been done so well there is no question as to it's value

Always funny to google translate.....yes we have been deprived :lol

"There are many people who know about wing star fighter, but it is a rebel army vehicle that appears in "Star Wars Episode 6 / Return of the Jedi", a unique shape including a cockpit located at the top of the aircraft And we are. Although it is short in time to appear in the play, I think that many people have been deprived of their characteristic airframe shape."

To me the Bandai 1/72 Perfect Grade Falcon was well worth the money. I have wanted this kit since 1977. Building kits other than Star Wars subjects, I have spent more. I for one look forward to more releases from Star Wars ( A New Hope). A Sandcrawler perhaps? I’m in! Love to see a PG Slave 1.

Amazon now has the Han and Luke Stormtroopers, B-Wing and mini DS II for pre-order. The B-Wing price seems high compared to the other 1/72 Bandai Star Wars models currently available there.

Amazon now has the Han and Luke Stormtroopers, B-Wing and mini DS II for pre-order. The B-Wing price seems high compared to the other 1/72 Bandai Star Wars models currently available there.

B-Wing pricing is probably down to the fact it’s going to be bigger and more complex than the average 1/72 starfighter. It’s also more expensive on the Bandai website. Being on preorder may also inflate the price somewhat, but it’s definitely going to be pricier than the other 1/72 kits.

Highly recommend the mini-Star Destroyer kit. Fun little build if you have a couple of hours free. I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to shading/weathering something at such a small scale but there's so much detail molded in that it sort of takes care of itself:

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1745/42369725272_b76e320fc8_c.jpg
Bandai Star Destroyer

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1751/42419578531_0d53573efb_c.jpg
Bandai Star Destroyer

Very nice build. Which segues into the fact that Bandai is going to re-release the SD in clear plastic:

https://gigaplus.makeshop.jp/modelkasten/book/P-129.pdf

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back