Bandai release schedule

One of the problems of the prequels is that the vehicle designs seem less memorable..

I'd say that's subjective. To my kids and many of their friends, the N-1, the Queen's starship, the Republic Gunship, the various Jedi fighters, the vulture droids, and droidekas are as Star Wars as X-wings and TIE fighters. I'm an old stinker like everyone else here and I love those designs -- if, for no other reason, that they're original. They're not just taking OT designs and reversing the colors or swapping out a few details for stuff pulled from McQuarrie concepts. But its all subjective.

Hopefully, Bandai is also monitoring the wave of enthusiasm from fans over the announcement that the Clone Wars is coming back. That news eclipsed anything else coming out of CCSD -- which is pretty impressive. I've said it before, a Bandai Republic Gunship would be met with many huzzahs here even from older Star Wars fans.

DE63A361-004F-4FCD-A60A-BF137893381A.jpeg

I was having such a nice day. I sprayed a Bandai X-Wing. Went to go back to working on my Millennium Falcon. And then the mailman arrived…

I love the prequel designs! Totally original and cool looking. Loved the Naboo starfighters, the Jedi starfighters in ROTS, gunship, general Greivous Souless 1 ship, Arc-170, and especially skiff that Padmae and 3P0 take at the end of ROTS which gets no love. Im 43 so... no, I didn't grow up with the prequels either.

The only memorable one from the new movies is the U-wing. The rest are totally uninspiring or odes to old concept art that should have been left at the drawing table.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I love the prequel designs! Totally original and cool looking. Loved the Naboo starfighters, the Jedi starfighters in ROTS, gunship, general Greivous Souless 1 ship, Arc-170, and especially skiff that Padmae and 3P0 take at the end of ROTS which gets no love. Im 43 so... no, I didn't grow up with the prequels either.

The only memorable one from the new movies is the U-wing. The rest are totally uninspiring or odes to old concept art that should have been left at the drawing table.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have the Art of TFA, R1 & the Solo film.....theres tonnes of cracker concept stuff, it's strange what gets selected for the films,....I wasn't a big fan of the Prequel designs,...but they were definitely Star Wars,...the new stuff is pretty dire

J

I have the Art of TFA, R1 & the Solo film.....theres tonnes of cracker concept stuff, it's strange what gets selected for the films,....I wasn't a big fan of the Prequel designs,...but they were definitely Star Wars,...the new stuff is pretty dire

J
THAT is the biggest issue I have with the new vehicle designs of recent films. There are excellent concept drawings, things I would love to see on screen and have a kit of. Who ever was in charge for the art direction chose to give us angular boxes, gorilla walkers and shuttles with useless oversized wings.
They had plenty of great ideas, they just decided not to use them...

I’ve actually been genuinely surprised not to have seen a Bandai TIE Silencer as of yet. I thought that would be a sure thing at 1/72. Maybe because I really like it.

As as far as the prequels go, I’ll just echo previous posts that an N1 Starfighter, a republic gunship and some of the other designs would be instant buys for me. Although I’d prefer a Tydirium shuttle and TIE bomber given the choice (I’m sure we’ll see both of these).

Personally thought that the tank and the AT-AT was more memorable than the U-Wing, hell I didn't know the U-Wing existed until someone told me, and I saw the Ghost cameo.

Maybe it's because I saw it on video.

The B-Wing is one checked off my wish list, so I don't want to sound ungrateful when I am very grateful... But I do definitely want 1:72 TIE Bomber, TIE Silencer, TIE Reaper, Inquisitor's TIE (from Rebels), Slave I, and Ghost (even though it would be even bigger than the PG Falcon). I would definitely not mind Mandalorian fighters, GAR craft (LAAT/i and /c, V-19, Z-95, Clone Wars Y-Wing, Rebels Y-Wing, Republic attack shuttle, Republic hovertank), and AOTC, CW, and ROTS Jedi Starfighters...

And while I try to stay focused on a few particular scales, if they came out with a good kit of this, I'd have a hard time not getting one...

naboo-royal-cruiser_70fa0ac3.jpg

A Republic gunship would be a triple buy instantly from me.

Amen! The only problem is with including figures. I don't think they could do this well without including Clone troopers with it and apparently they have some licensing issue. I don't know why, because as I've said before, LEGO got around that by including a vehicle with their figure sets. How could would it be to have a diorama of several gunships flaring (pulling nose back to kill forward momentum) to come in for a landing?!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back