Bandai release schedule

As reported over at Starship Modeller,....a link to Star Wars 7 website .......confirmation of the BanDai Star Destroyer????
http://thecantina.starwars7news.com/index.php?threads/new-bandai-star-destroyer.2073/

RBanks said:

J

Ummm. How does a local hobby shop owner know this? Unless he has a direct contact at Bandai, this is all rumour. This happened months ago after Bandai had the display at the toy show. Nobody ever said that a SD was in the works back then, but that didn't stop people from saying that it was coming. Not that I'm not wishing, that this was in the works, but I would like to hear more of an official word from Bandai.

TazMan2000

I hope they do an AT-AT to go with the AT-ST.

They had a huge Walker at the original show

maxresdefault.jpg

Ummm. How does a local hobby shop owner know this? Unless he has a direct contact at Bandai, this is all rumour. This happened months ago after Bandai had the display at the toy show. Nobody ever said that a SD was in the works back then, but that didn't stop people from saying that it was coming. Not that I'm not wishing, that this was in the works, but I would like to hear more of an official word from Bandai.

TazMan2000

I know,...rumours

It is cool,....but it is huge,.....I'd still prefer The Falcon & Rebel Blockade Runner,......& going by leaked production paintings the TBR will be making an appearance in The Force Awakens

J

I think the Star Destroyer is too good to be true until an official announcement. But if it happens I'll s$&t my pants. :love

Ben

I know Jaitea....I've been waiting for a decent styrene SD since 1978. As a kid, unboxing the MPC SD was a big disapointment. Even back then I knew the proportions werent' correct and all that raised detail was sickening. Several years later (ok...maybe decades...showing my age here) I was just about to buy the Anigrand one, until they got a C&D. Then I was all for the RC SD, until I heard about problems with the resin castings (which I'm certain have been corrected). I'm going to wait for a bit and see if this rumour becomes truth. 1/1700 or anything smaller will do. Bandai has impressed (for the most part...there are always people that say things can be improved) and if they do release a SD in any scale, I'm sure they will knock it out of the park.

Astroboy...now you're talking. That is something that needs to be done along with skiffs, characters and a Sarlaac pit.

On another note, if anyone could tell the web designers of Bandai, that they are "TIE" fighters...it would be appreciated. :lol

TazMan2000

OK guys,.....time to get salivating again & get your credit cards-a-ready

....some images of new Bandai stuff:

01.jpg

02.jpg

3PO looks gorgeous:
01.jpg

02.jpg

11074704_10206566179296802_5160993739039588870_n.j  pg

J

Last edited by a moderator:
I do wish they'd done the 1:48 XW without the electronics - I don't need motors and lights if it takes a simple, still relatively small, mass-produced kit to eighty bucks.

Or slightly worse. I'm seeing a cultman preorder at $99, with an msrp of $119. I can get over the price, but the wing mechanism needs a little TLC. Probably a simple fix with a file may give it a smoother transition.

Or slightly worse. I'm seeing a cultman preorder at $99, with an msrp of $119.

Due to the exchange rate, Hobby Link Japan will undoubtedly have the kit for MUCH less. The current Bandai kits are $16 on HLJ and around $30 on cultman. Nothing against cultman, but I made the mistake of preordering the stormtrooper through his site and then saw I could've saved $15 by ordering through HLJ. Lesson learned, at least on Bandai kits.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back