Bandai release schedule

Cheer up, I would say that the engine lighting could use some work. :D
It also looks as though the only battle damage is the scar on the bottom and the blast holes on the top. Which means that there is still a whackload to do.

And personally, I'm still not that hot on the cockpit. The panel lines seem a bit large IMHO. SO perhaps a new shapeways cockpit will be in the works at some point

But I have to say...those blast marks look better than any custom ones I've seen. Truly glorious

Doesn't "belong there" based on the studio model or as part of canon? Because the grid is well established now as part of the ship's structure in the films.

Both. It wasn't on the model or in the movie I saw.

5835172396ecced6d9bb2381df679552.jpgStar Wars Episode IV - A New Hope 35mm (1977).mkv_snapshot_01.36.27_[2017.06.20_11.00.43].jpg

Both. It wasn't on the model or in the movie I saw.

View attachment 737627View attachment 737628

Ah. A "the SEs never happened" guy. Fair enough. So if the grid doesn't exist, and we've rejected that TFA is also canon (it too has the grid), then what do the engines look like when they're off? Mind you, I'm considering building the Bandai as an exact replica (or as close as I can make it) to the ILM miniature, not the fictional ship -- in which case I'd replace the engines with a translucent white plastic strip.

So now that its sold out at Gundam USA what are the other vendor options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on vacation with limited time/access for keeping up with this, but a few questions. Is it "sold out" for Japan customers? I can't read the Japanese text at the website. I can get it through Japan as I have a source there, but he's not a modeling fan, per se, and he may not really understand what is happening. I was hoping someone here would post when it's actually available in Japan so I can tell him to jump on it then.
Thanks,
Mike Todd

I'm on vacation with limited time/access for keeping up with this, but a few questions. Is it "sold out" for Japan customers? I can't read the Japanese text at the website. I can get it through Japan as I have a source there, but he's not a modeling fan, per se, and he may not really understand what is happening. I was hoping someone here would post when it's actually available in Japan so I can tell him to jump on it then.
Thanks,
Mike Todd

It is now available for order by Japanese customers. It will ship at the end of August. They will continue to take orders until the run has been sold out. AFAIK.

I would say the time to jump is now!

I wonder if any smart annie decides to take molds of everything and sell copies due to lack of supply.I would happily buy a clone kit for half the money :)

Well
#1 they would likely be booted from the RPF,
#2 Their reputation would sink faster than a bowling ball falling in a tank full of air, and
#3 if someone tried such a labor intensive act it would likely cost at least twice as much....

Yeah, imagine how much a re-cast of the FM 72nd scale would be. Not to mention cleaning all those parts, breaking many during the process. (Haven't seen molds of the new Bandai kit, but just guessing.) It will sell out--if it's truly limited--and either way, there must be a plan to sell something later--either a non-electronic kit and/or an ESB kit. But no one knows for sure. As I've said before, "only Bandai knows the nature of Bandai; the rest of us are just guessing."

I woulnt think they would be the same exact pieces but outer molds on the kit or even just the pieces that glue onto the kit. obviously if bandai make it accessable to all then it wouldnt be worth copying. The Chinese copy everything so i would think someone might get the idea that an expensive unavaliable product would be worth ripping off in some sort of way.

And why is recast a dirty word? most of the aftermarket parts are recasts of model kit parts. Hell bandai are ripping off the moldings of every other manufacturer that contributed to the original millennium falcon,Tamiya being one of them.

All that said, i would prefer Bandai do everyone a solid and make it for all,Then the notion of rip-offs wouldnt even be discussed.

Was there someone on this forum that got there parts recasted? I would be interested to know.

And why is recast a dirty word? most of the aftermarket parts are recasts of model kit parts. Hell bandai are ripping off the moldings of every other manufacturer that contributed to the original millennium falcon,Tamiya being one of them.

Bandai has not done anything like re-casting. They have painstakingly reproduced the details of the of the original model. And while those original details were parts from other kits, Bandai didn't just get them and re-cast them. The adjusted the size, etc. To say that Bandai has "copied" something is like saying a model of a car is a company just "copying" a car. But when someone takes that work that was done, and just producing a copy cast in resin and selling it off, is a different thing. Making resin copies of the Bandai MF kit is far different from what Bandai has done. The only thing that gets to me is that someone can't make copies of things that are no longer available, will never be available, and made by a company that went out of business in the 1990's, let's say. Unless another person/company has taken on the task of make a whole new similar item and selling it. That's the only thing that boggles my mind.

"
Where did you see this confirmation? If true, I sure hope the 6 engine cooling grates are PE.

The machine translation of this page:

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000115687/

"The mesh part of the duct is a selection formula of plastic parts and etching parts, pursuing finer reproduction."
"Main body, LED unit, Etching parts, Water transfer decal, Dedicated pedestal"

That suggests that the fans might be photoetched brass, but regardless confirms that *something* is etched.

"Light emitting gimmick".

Can't argue with that!

Ooooooohhh i LOVE YOU BANDAI :love

In the video Bandai say the Falcon is now 1/72, the same scale as the other vehicles, then show the 1/48 Snowspeeder, im going to imagine this is a hint at an upcoming 1/48 AT-AT :D Pretty please with a cherry on top! :thumbsup

Re the lack of engine grill in the film or on the Studio model, im assuming it wasnt there for ease of adding effects or with engines lit it was drowned out by the light. I quite like it white its looks so pure, i like it blue too though. I wonder what color the engines will be in the Han Solo spin off Film.

Imo i dont think its possible to be too perfect a model and while id have so much fun building it, painting it will be the hardest challenge for me, id like to be as accurate as i could on blast marks, dirt etc.

Ah. A "the SEs never happened" guy. Fair enough. So if the grid doesn't exist, and we've rejected that TFA is also canon (it too has the grid), then what do the engines look like when they're off? Mind you, I'm considering building the Bandai as an exact replica (or as close as I can make it) to the ILM miniature, not the fictional ship -- in which case I'd replace the engines with a translucent white plastic strip.

That's my plan as well. Though I may not go with the plain whits strip, I'd like it to look at least plausible even if we never saw it powered down in the OT. I'm thinking maybe a translucent gray panel, if it can look dark and opaque but still pass the light bright enough.

"

The machine translation of this page:

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000115687/

"The mesh part of the duct is a selection formula of plastic parts and etching parts, pursuing finer reproduction."
"Main body, LED unit, Etching parts, Water transfer decal, Dedicated pedestal"

That suggests that the fans might be photoetched brass, but regardless confirms that *something* is etched.

"Light emitting gimmick".

Can't argue with that!

Press release from the other thread on the Falcon:

http://bandai-a.akamaihd.net/corp/press/100000569595953.pdf

~680 parts.
'Model, LED unit, photo etched parts, water decals, designated stand'

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back