Bandai release schedule

Remind me, what's the scale for the VC01 Star Destroyer again?

Also, with TCW being revived for at least (read: DEFINITELY) one more season, I hope this means there's a chance for some prequel ships. Still holding out for an ARC-170

The problem is if your gauging interest by sales of this mini one, half of us will pass based on scale alone. I got so excited for a second. Bummer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Depends on the price point. The tiny Falcon is... tiny. But at $10 and an astonishing level of detail, I have no problem picking up several of these if for no other reason than to just play with different ways to weather them.

Late to the party...

But Bandai didn't have the Star Wars license during all those years. They may decide things differently based on the profitability of their individual licenses. Bandai has only had the Star Wars license since mid-2014. It took them a little over 3 years to release a PG kit. Not saying you're wrong, but in this case the past doesn't necessarily have to be prologue.

At the same time, Bandai has had the licences to make kits and toys for numerous franchises for several decades, and as Sawbones mentioned in 20 years and over two dozen Perfect Grade products, only two have been non-Gundam related: we've never seen a PG Space Battleship Yamato or AV-98 Ingram, for example. Even their Master Grade line is virtually Gunpla exclusive, aside from a handful of one-offs like Aura Battler Dunbine or Mobile Police Patlabor.

Last edited:
Re: Late to the party...

At the same time, Bandai has had the licences to make kits and toys for numerous franchises for several decades, and as Sawbones mentioned in 20 years and over two dozen Perfect Grade products, only two have been non-Gundam related: we've never seen a PG Space Battleship Yamato or AV-98 Ingram, for example. Even their Master Grade line is virtually Gunpla exclusive, aside from a handful of one-offs like Aura Battler Dunbine or Mobile Police Patlabor.

While technically true, Bandai has made some large, expensive Yamato kits.

While technically true, Bandai has made some large, expensive Yamato kits.

While they have made big kits, the Yamato kits weren't under the Perfect Grade branding.

My original post was replying to Hunk a Junk, saying that a Star Destroyer under the Perfect Grade line within 2-3 years was unlikely, considering that the Perfect Grade was, for the longest time, exclusively Gundam-centric, and the fact that they just released the Perfect Grade Exia and the Astray Red Frame Kai.

If I may add to my original post, if a large-scale SD would be released under an existing brand, I would expect it to be released under the Mega-Size line, characterized by a much simpler build process than the Perfect Grade line, in exchange for a bigger scale.

While they have made big kits, the Yamato kits weren't under the Perfect Grade branding.

My original post was replying to Hunk a Junk, saying that a Star Destroyer under the Perfect Grade line within 2-3 years was unlikely, considering that the Perfect Grade was, for the longest time, exclusively Gundam-centric, and the fact that they just released the Perfect Grade Exia and the Astray Red Frame Kai.

If I may add to my original post, if a large-scale SD would be released under an existing brand, I would expect it to be released under the Mega-Size line, characterized by a much simpler build process than the Perfect Grade line, in exchange for a bigger scale.

Sounds good to me. It doesn't matter how they brand it, just make it!

Please Bandai....make decently sized models. We love the 1/72 MF. Hurray for that. How about a 1/48 scale PG AT-AT. Working action cannons, lights a Dangling Luke figure option....? You can do it!

B*ndai's record with Star Wars (or any license for that matter) has been dismal at this point. Why are they so proud to trot out garbage like this? Leave it to other companies! Obviously, they'll do much better job.

B*ndai's is gravely incompetent at the game, if it hadn't been for those crappy G*ndam robots, they would've gone bankrupt years ago.

B*ndai's record with Star Wars (or any license for that matter) has been dismal at this point. Why are they so proud to trot out garbage like this? Leave it to other companies! Obviously, they'll do much better job.

B*ndai's is gravely incompetent at the game, if it hadn't been for those crappy G*ndam robots, they would've gone bankrupt years ago.

BS again. Bandai has made a great line up with only a few misfires. These are all Bandai:

269A1177-Edit by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

269A8986 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_5172 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_5154 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_3977 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_0748 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

Think a little before opening your mouth, please. More than 90% of your useless posts here are about you whinnying and critiquing Bandai. Have you EVER build something? Ever? Is it worth looking at? Your work must be something to be seen since you demand so much quality. Any link to your work?

Other companies made better work? LOL!! Show me a better 1/72 scale Falcon done by any other company better than Bandai. When you find it post it here and let us know. The Bandai is even better detailed than the DeAgostini, which I own so I know FIRST HAND what Im talking about

Last edited:
If Bandai is so incompetent, then why are they one of the leading manufactures and innovators in the injection plastic kit industry?

If Bandai genuinely sucks, then what are some actual reasons they shouldn't be one of the largest toy and model companies in the world?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back