Bandai release schedule

Just learned, the Blockade Runner will see both, a single release and a bundle together with the tiny Falcon ( for everyone still looking for it ;) )

Perfect! Can’t wait for the new Bandai B-Wing and small Blockage Runner!

Almost done with my PG 1/72 Falcon build :D

1xfS3P3.jpg

KXH4Cbe.jpg

This pic shows the color more accurately to the model:

ksGM6yI.jpg

Last edited:
I went to the Wonder Festival today, where the Blockade Runner was on display.
I shall share some photos.

P1000438rs.jpgP1000555rs.jpgP1000443rs.jpgP1000449rs.jpg

Here is the B-Wing, and there was also a Darth Vader with his helmet off.

P1000457rs.jpg

Another item that was on display that caught my interest was Kaiyodo's Discovery 1.
This is completely off-topic for this thread, but those who were seeking for larger models should take a look.
It's 1.6m long (for those of you in the States, that is around 5 feet. Also, according to some theory, that should be roughly 1/72), and super detailed.

Thanks, Lab! Great to see those shots. The blockade runner looks terrific, given its size. I wonder if it was based on digital data from Rogue One? Looks like the front window should be easy to open up and illuminate.

It's cool to see they built a Star Destroyer docking bay for the show. How big was it? Maybe 20cm? That'd be awesome to see as a product, but I sort of suspect they won't. Maybe Gus at falcon3dparts could upscale his 1:2700 version? :)

Man, on the Tantive IV - Blockade Runner they even have realized the ejected escape-pods...! :eek

And the Falcon in the set seems to be the Episode V version with the additional gearboxes....

And the Falcon in the set seems to be the Episode V version with the additional gearboxes....

I am not sure if the Falcon displayed next to it was intended to show the boxed set. At least, there were no captions indicating that.

It's cool to see they built a Star Destroyer docking bay for the show. How big was it? Maybe 20cm?

It was about 30x30cm. It was pretty detailed inside the hangar, but it didn't look like a conceptual product in any way. Just a display stage for the Blockade Runner.

The detail of the hangar bay is remarkable. Looks like more detail than the original movie model, which again makes me wonder if it's also based on Rogue One data. Since they up-detailed the 3 foot destroyer design for that film!

Lab , thanks for sharing your photos . Have to ask though , in the photo with Vader ( minus helmet ) what scale is the AT - ST next to the Tie fighter ?

:cheersGed

Last edited by a moderator:
The sprue shot looks interesting. Obviously it’s designed to break into two smaller sprues, A1 and A2, but they look like they would be the wrong shape to fit in a standard Vehicle Collection box. Bandai have started putting some of their Mecha Colle kits from Yamato 2202 in larger boxes. Perhaps they're going to do the same with the small SW kits?

The large sprue I'm guessing is from the Tantive IV/Millennium Falcon 2-pack. For the other vehicle model 2-packs they've also done the sprues that way, with each ship on one large sprue.

That said, the Death Star VM kit is in a larger box than all the previous VMs -- wouldn't surprise me if the blockade runner was too.

One thing that does concern me is that the Blockade Runner sides seem to be symmetrical. The Starboard side towards the back has a different fin arrangement- a leftover from the days when this ship was the Falcon and that was where the boarding hatch/ramp was located.
The large gaming replica does have this feature correct, but the Bandai sprue shots look like the sides were mirrored.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back