Bandai release schedule

Guys, this thread is big enough as it is just discussing relevant Bandai Release Schedule information - can you spin off general discussions on the physics of the SW universe to their own threads please....? Thanks!
Sorry, you're correct. New post thread up in community, entertainment, what makes a films special effects look fake

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Guys, this thread is big enough as it is just discussing relevant Bandai Release Schedule information - can you spin off general discussions on the physics of the SW universe to their own threads please....? Thanks!

Although, you are absolutely correct, it's often the nature of never ending forum threads to derail between big news stories.

I used to post on a macross forum that was militant when it came to off topic subjects hijacking a thread. You could get banned for mentioning robotech. It completely sapped the fun nature out of the place. So there is definitely a fine line to tread.

@astroboy ,
is that Macross forum on the RPF site and is it still going ?
I don't really know. I got out of macross when I started getting into models. BUt about 10 years ago, I liked to post on macrossworld. But like I said, they were way too serious. At one point I started a thread for people to show off their latest macross purchase that just came in the mail. You know, a simple neverending thread for folks to show off their new toy.

After about a month, the admins turned it into a thread for people to discuss shipping options/problems.

Seriously.

Hi,

has anyone tried to order single parts from Bandai? I'm thinking of asking them maybe to send me the different sidewall-part of the new TLJ-1/144 Falcon to use on my TFA-1/144 Falcon, are they so accommodating to customers, if you ask them? And what email-adress is the correct one for such a question?

Images of the new Last Jedi version of the Millennium Falcon 1:144. You can see the new corrected non-mirrored sidewall.

Old Sidewall

bandai_falconep8017.jpg

New Corrected Side Wall

bandai_falconep8016.jpg

New Falcon Left, Old Falcon Right

bandai_falconep8047.jpg

New Falcon

bandai_falconep8007.jpg

From this page...

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=329616#more-329616

Thanks! Useful photos. :)

+ Mirrored sidewalls fixed
- Standing figures and Han and Finn removed
- Fan assemblies now have ugly rectangular post holes for attaching the solid fan grilles.
- Cockpit tunnel greeblies not corrected.

On the whole an improvement for people wanting new trilogy Falcons.

Thanks! Useful photos. :)

+ Mirrored sidewalls fixed
- Standing figures and Han and Finn removed
- Fan assemblies now have ugly rectangular post holes for attaching the solid fan grilles.
- Cockpit tunnel greeblies not corrected.

On the whole an improvement for people wanting new trilogy Falcons.
- kenner-like cockpit cone.

- transmission pieces on mandible sides still undersized.

- little bumps connecting top of saucer to mandibles are still undersized.

Oddly, that raised bit on the cockpit tube isn't an issue for me.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

How did Bandai do this to the TFA MF? I'd like to see sprues. Does this kit include the old and new parts? Was the mold modified so there can't be any more original versions? (Not that I really care about the older version over the new one--just curious.)
Mike Todd

Honestly, "half-assed" is a pretty harsh indictment for a 3/4" x 1/4" area on a 1/144 scale model that even at that scale is head and shoulders over the much large MPC in terms of proportions, detail, and accuracy. It's like complaining about Babe Ruth striking out during one at-bat. :lol Really, the mistake in that area is that Bandai has the rectangular piece in the mid-sidewall too far forward. Had they moved that over and compressed the details in the remaining area, it would be fine.
hHnq2Wd.png

It's still better than the mirrored sidewall of the original release. A little weathering or even adding a couple small pieces of square or rod styrene in that area and it will busy it up nicely.

If anything, that we have to look so hard to find areas that are less than stellar is a testament to Bandai's overall quality.:cheers

I have the first edition kit with the mirrored sidewalls- I was just going to run with it but the new sidewall looks so much better.
Does anybody know of a 3D printed part replacement to correct the sidewall? I hate to buy another complete kit for just one part, I would much rather spend my money on something I do not already have.

I have the first edition kit with the mirrored sidewalls- I was just going to run with it but the new sidewall looks so much better.
Does anybody know of a 3D printed part replacement to correct the sidewall? I hate to buy another complete kit for just one part, I would much rather spend my money on something I do not already have.

Sale the one you have on ebay and put that money toward the new one.

I've been putting together the 1/144 as I build the 1/72 as a test bed for paint colors. At 1/144, the sidewall detail all kind of blends together (at least to my eye) and it wasn't worth spending the time to accurize the kit when I have the hyper-accurate 1/72 sitting on the bench nearby. My solution to the port sidewall was just to clip away some of of the overlaying piping so that it didn't so obviously match the opposite side. This is a simplified Falcon anyway, so I just decided to draw the line at "inaccurate, but not a mirror of the other side." If the 1/144 is the only Falcon you intend to make, then DanielB is right -- sell it on eBay and put the money toward the new version. :cheers

This will be my only Falcon for a while- I do want to get a 1:72 one but I am going to wait until Bandai releases a Empire Strikes Back edition (I like the extra landing gear).
I was just knida hoping somebody made a drop in part to replace the mirrored one- I can see a nice $20 or so to fix. I guess I will just modify and regreebly that section just to make it look a little different for now...

Sale the one you have on ebay and put that money toward the new one.

If it's the one with the standing figures of Han, Chewie, Rey and Finn figures I would "trade" you the new version for that one

I've been looking to buy that version since I am a sucker for the standing figures instead of the flats. I actually don't care about the sidewalls (at least in that scale)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back