Bandai release schedule

Actually I think there's only one person around here with a weird and irrational hatred of Bandai. Aside from that individual, and the odd bit of carping from people who wish Bandai would produce larger spaceship models because that's their preference, I don't think there's that much ranting and raving about the company.

But it is interesting to reflect on how the noise generated by just one or two trolls can really alter the tone in a discussion area. A lesson for social media in general, perhaps.

- nkg

The guy’s got to be a troll, surely. Otherwise there’s something seriously bizarre going on. From his rants about the PG Falcon being rubbish to these assertions that Bandai is losing a large chunk of its plastic model customers, there’s some wishful fantasy filled projection going on.

No other company in the history of Star Wars model kits has given us the quality and quantity of kits we have on offer.

Also, I can't believe nobody has bitched about the teeny tiny Bandai Gashapon vending machine Death Star and spacecraft kits!

- nkg

DRA78HgV4AAB16Z.jpg Unknown.jpeg swcapsule1701.jpg swcapsule1702.jpg

My post probably came across more negative/snarky than I intended. :) I love what Bandai is doing/has done with the SW line and I'm really grateful to have their stuff (especially like the 1/72 ships) since even 40 years on, good SW kits have been to hard to come by.

I've been building Star Wars models since '77 and I can state unequivocally that no retail manufacturer of styrene kits has been able to match the perfection to detail and engineering that the Bandai Star Wars line has achieved. It is the one thing we have wanted for decades and never really got outside of our own personal modifications to retail kits before Bandai began releasing their models.

As a MAJOR fan of Galoob's/Hasbro's Action Fleet line of ships from the 90's - the 1/72 scale line of ships from Bandai is completely perfect. I have 3 built and 5 still in the box yet to get on the bench. I could not afford the PG Falcon in terms of time and money as I am still wrapped up in building/lighting the Zvezda Star Destroyer, but what I have seen from all the builds of the PG Falcon is a model kit of stunning perfection that would even make the guys at ILM blush.

I have 100% nothing wrong with Bandai doing different subjects like this, I think a mini death star is going to be a fun little build, just like the rest of the vehicle line. It's about time we starting seeing something fresh like this and not everyone has space for larger models.

Still waiting on a probe droid, cloud car and tie bomber... Bandai would knock those out of the park!

I have 100% nothing wrong with Bandai doing different subjects like this, I think a mini death star is going to be a fun little build, just like the rest of the vehicle line. It's about time we starting seeing something fresh like this and not everyone has space for larger models.

Still waiting on a probe droid, cloud car and tie bomber... Bandai would knock those out of the park!

Fire ships...

Although I hoped to get a DSII which would be just a little bigger than 3 inches I most properbly might get one. I think the only logical step now for Bandai would be to bring out a Starkiller base at the same scale of 2.7M.
If I calculate right, this could turn out with about 24cm diameter and would be great with a light-up main gun.

When they first released that teaser I was all like "awesome !!! a new line with SW-globes :) :) "
Unfortunatly I got a little bit disillusioned as most planet like Endor, wich I hoped to have the DS floating around, would be 180cm :p

This should be fun. A little DS2 will look pretty cool. Maybe they are gearing up for a larger DS1. I would love a larger scale with a supplied lighting kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Frankly, Bandai has done itself no favors for the last couple of years. "One step forward, three steps back" sums up their business model; they shoot themselves in the foot, every new announcement is predictably met with disappointment from the users. It's not at all surprising that they've lost a good chunk of their share in the market for plastic models, the users have lost faith...

Congrats on one of the most pointless, absurd posts ever on this site. The majority of your posts are directed at bashing Bandai. Dont you have anything better to do? Good thing you are in the minority here....

In my mind it was waaay smaller than that.

Same here. I had envisaged it being much smaller than what we see in the pic with the hand.

I think it looks great and will definitely be picking one up. Like someone said, they might possibly be planning a larger DS1 in the near future. You never know with Bandai but I would not be surprised.

Would be a must buy at closer to Basketball size, at baseball size is a pass for me.

For what it is, probably a sub $5 kit, it's cool but I want more.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back