Bandai release schedule

Yeah, this is a new film and, at least at the moment, it's almost impossible to discuss the vehicles or other potential kits without discussing the quality of the movie itself. Take, for example, the TIE Silencer. I think every shot of it was also in the trailers. It's seen in the one scene and then is gone. Am I excited for a Bandai kit? Not anymore. I'm not even sure why Kylo uses it. Or why he doesn't use it again. Couldn't he just jump in it and fly over to the Resistance (notice how they just gave up the ghost and started calling it "Rebel") flagship? If Finn and Rose could leave the flagship in a smaller ship, why can't smaller ships from the First Order fleet reach them? The only vehicle that might possible be fun to model for me would be a skim speeder, but I was sure hoping for some logical explanation for why it needs to drag a pole through the ground for "stability." Wouldn't that make it way LESS stable?

I dug the jalopy speeders they were flying on Crait, if Bandai does one of those I may pick one up.

As a fan since I first saw the first of the saga in '77, I do not comprehend the hatred this movie is getting from fanboys. I liked it, and appreciated the depth a lot more than TFA. I have my reasons but as requested - this is a thread about Bandai - and if they make a Resitance Bomber and a speeder - I may need to grab those.

Then again, how many of you that hated TLJ are going to grab that calamari cruiser if Bandai makes one?

My wife is out shopping after reading some of the reviews as I have not seen the film yet.. I called and asked her to pick up some Star Wars shot glasses for the vanilla Crown she also picked up while shopping. The movie was that bad.. Sorry don't mean to clutter the thread.. Keep the release updates rolling.

I would not be surprised if we have seen all we are getting from the Last Jedi

At the most I could see Bandai maybe doing a Tie Silencer in 1/144 or 1/72, but I think they are leaving that to Revell

I believe all the releases for Force Awakens and Rogue One (except maybe Poe's black X-Wing variant ) were announced before the movies. Most were released before or within a month or two of the movie release as well

As a prequel fan, I'm all too aware of how annoying it is for others to constant dump on a movie you enjoy. I'm not out to ruin anyone's good time. So I promise I won't be complaining much beyond a few initial thoughts. I agree that I doubt we'll be seeing any more TLJ Bandai releases. It would be smarter for them to focus on a Perfect Grade star destroyer or some other likely better sellers.

As a prequel fan, I'm all too aware of how annoying it is for others to constant dump on a movie you enjoy. I'm not out to ruin anyone's good time. So I promise I won't be complaining much beyond a few initial thoughts. I agree that I doubt we'll be seeing any more TLJ Bandai releases. It would be smarter for them to focus on a Perfect Grade star destroyer or some other likely better sellers.

Yes,...more love....more cash

J

I'm SO glad I'm not alone!......(the prequels don't look so bad now do they fellas?:facepalm)

BUT keeping it within the strict confines of this thread, I hope that with an overall acknowledgement of how bad the last two films were and the lack of any "model-worthy" subjects maybe, just maybe Bandai will focus on models that will be interesting AND sell, like the plethora of those already mentioned here!

If Bandai releases anything from the OT or prequels I will buy it and if they produce some really cool things like an OT Star destroyer or Republic Gunship then that would be gravy:D

I have to say, I like TLJ and really hope that Bandai will do at least a few kits.

My wishlist would be:
1/144 AT-M6
1/144 Resistance Bomber
1/72 Resistance A-Wing
1/72 TIE Silencer
1/72 or 1/48 Ski Speeder

I wouldn't worry about sales hurting. A lot of people like it -- including me -- CNN was the only major media outlet with an outright negative review, and it's still hovering in the 90s on Rotten Tomatoes. I recommend this review/analysis for people who liked it and people who didn't. He put it into better words than I could. My biggest criticism is that it needed to be two films, to properly let things develop and breathe. I want a small-scale Supremacy to go along with same-scaled Executor, Imperial, and Resurgent Star Destroyers. I want a model in some decent scale (1:72 would be nice, but given they haven't even done a 1:72 U-Wing...) of the Starfortress bomber. I seriously want Kylo's TIE SIlencer in 1:72...

And I'm looking forward to Solo and Episode IX, too (and their ships), for what it's worth. It took me a bit to get over the shock that the post-ROTJ EU was utterly gone (moreso than the earlier stuff, which is ongoingly getting sifted in to the new canon), but once I accepted that things hadn't gone the way I was used to, I've been excited to see what does happen. I miss some parts of the old material, but as much, if not more, I really had issues with. Things like Han and Leia drifting apart over what happened to Ben make me sad, but it works for me, storywise. I actually like the "there are no happily ever afters" thrust of this new era.

--Jonah

I wouldn't worry about sales hurting. A lot of people like it -- including me -- CNN was the only major media outlet with an outright negative review, and it's still hovering in the 90s on Rotten Tomatoes. I recommend this review/analysis for people who liked it and people who didn't. He put it into better words than I could. My biggest criticism is that it needed to be two films, to properly let things develop and breathe. I want a small-scale Supremacy to go along with same-scaled Executor, Imperial, and Resurgent Star Destroyers. I want a model in some decent scale (1:72 would be nice, but given they haven't even done a 1:72 U-Wing...) of the Starfortress bomber. I seriously want Kylo's TIE SIlencer in 1:72...

And I'm looking forward to Solo and Episode IX, too (and their ships), for what it's worth. It took me a bit to get over the shock that the post-ROTJ EU was utterly gone (moreso than the earlier stuff, which is ongoingly getting sifted in to the new canon), but once I accepted that things hadn't gone the way I was used to, I've been excited to see what does happen. I miss some parts of the old material, but as much, if not more, I really had issues with. Things like Han and Leia drifting apart over what happened to Ben make me sad, but it works for me, storywise. I actually like the "there are no happily ever afters" thrust of this new era.

--Jonah

Descent article you posted. I agree with most of it but found as I was reading I started to be reminded of milenials in the work place and the issues they brought/bring. The “I know better than you even though I haven’t done anything yet” or the “you have flaws but don’t tell me I’m wrong” mentality.... and then the article actually goes and says it! It also becomes hypocritical to this point as it also says Poe has to learn from Leia as she is more experienced and knowledgeable. So which way is it? Out with the old who didn’t do it right and to which the new generation must now suffer and make better, or learn from the previous generations to make a better place. The ARTICAL is trying to have it both ways to an extent, but started to really smack of the poor me entitled millennial crap ny the end. I write this as someone who did like this movie, and as I said agreed with much of what the artical was saying. Maybe this is a movie more for millenials and that’s why it’s rubbing people wrong. Interesting.

Chris

I was surprised by the lack of cool new designs for merchandise.

That is exactly the main problem with the new trilogy. The designs are just bland and lazy. Everybody complaining about the lack of new models and figures from the film should be aware of the fact that there are just no exciting ones. Kylo's fighter was awesome, I admit that. Ordered the Revell version for the lack of another manufacturer (the Hasbro one is too big for me). And what I did not expect was that the Crait speeders were a lot cooler in flight than it appeared in the stills and promo material that was published before release. I really like them now. BTW, did anybody notice some A-Wings in battle? I didn't...

I was left a little cold by TLJ on first viewing. But I must say it's stuck with me a lot and I'm keen to see it again.

I think the new designs worked well in the film. I didn't dislike any of them and even quite liked the dreadnought and the gorilla walkers. What I really want a kit of is BB-9E! However, that will inevitably come with a BB-8 rather than a BB-4 or a 2BB-2... I already have two BB-8s!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back