Bandai release schedule

Sure, it's just speculation, though Bandai has been permitted to invent things for their models in the past (removable engine coverings on the TIE fighter for example). If a detail like this is the kind of thing that the Lucasfilm Story Group has input on it seems that a likely point of reference would be the Blade Wing design, though :)
fair enough....
but a removeble engine cover is much diverent then a leading gear set up.. because in this case they are working on real engineering. or so i think.... but im just guessing. .. me know nothing ; )

but if they would do it i love the landing gear setup you just showed from concept art. that would work.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T805 met Tapatalk

The stand looks interesting--as in suspiciously like something that was designed for a one-off and not a full-blown production kit. I hope people get their wish; I was just noticing is all.
Mike Todd

Another shot of the Bandai model:

112040jltj9ccl7j56a5tj.jpg

J

because i want to be the first..... and its not out yet. ... ;)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T805 met Tapatalk

But its out because of me.
I wrote down “B Wing” on that Bandai poll asking which ships they should release.
So actually I should be the first.

Without me, it may have never been released. :b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously not the Bandai kit, but this is a 1/72 B-Wing with 1/72 Fine Molds and other resin 1/72 stuff to get a sense of how big it will be in relation

http://i.imgur.com/kL1Ftbmm.jpg?2
http://i.imgur.com/yhO38FBm.jpg

The B-Wing should be an impressive size. Are those A-Wings the Bandai kit? Also, it the TIE bomber really that much larger than the TIE Advanced? I always assumed the cockpit window grid was a fairly standard scale across the different TIE variants.

But its out because of me.
I wrote down “B Wing” on that Bandai poll asking which ships they should release.
So actually I should be the first.

Without me, it may have never been released. :b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chips..... Hmmm oké fair enough...
I owe you that one....
In that case thank you.. ;)
I and to be the second one to get one then ;)

LoL

please don't take me serious I'm crazy :)

The B-Wing should be an impressive size. Are those A-Wings the Bandai kit? Also, it the TIE bomber really that much larger than the TIE Advanced? I always assumed the cockpit window grid was a fairly standard scale across the different TIE variants.
That A-WING is the 1:144 scale of bandai.
But the size seems to right of this B-WING.
About the Tie bomber I also never understood that size difference because the tie bomber 1:144 scale is almost the same size as the 1:72 tie fighter.
I always had the feeling that size is off to be honest.

Unless there's official word on the B-Wing directly from Bandai, I'm not getting my hopes up. :-(

Same here. I still have my fingers crossed, but until we get an official announcement I am not counting on it

Bandai has done this before. These 1/72 Fighter kits for the Yamato 2199 series totally looked like finished kits just like the B-Wing but never found there way into production with the rest of the 1/72 kits
http://www.ourstarblazers.com/vault-images/nov13/AllJapan201311.JPG
http://www.ourstarblazers.com/vault-images/nov13/AllJapan201312.JPG

That A-WING is the 1:144 scale of bandai.
But the size seems to right of this B-WING.
About the Tie bomber I also never understood that size difference because the tie bomber 1:144 scale is almost the same size as the 1:72 tie fighter.
I always had the feeling that size is off to be honest.

The B-Wing is a pretty large ship compared to the others

The Tie Bomber is closer in size to the Bandai Tie fighters. These are the Fine Molds ones which are smaller, so in turn, it makes the Bomber look even bigger
Oddly enough, the Fine Molds X-Wing and Y-wing are bigger than the Bandai ones

The A-Wing, B-Wing and Tie Bomber were all Fantastic Plastic releases and I believe were all mastered by the same person

The A-Wing is scaled to the smaller size based on the ILM model with the larger animatronic pilot

Yeah, after what I've read online, seems like Bandai has a habit of trotting out exhibition models that get everyone all worked up, then doesn't produce them.

That big Star Destroyer is a good example (along with those Yamato fighters you mentioned). It's the one thing about Bandai's that I don't like. For huge fans of the subject matter being exhibited, it's really frustrating and disappointing. :-(

To me that Star Destroyer exhibit mostly demonstrated they had accurate data and wanted to draw attention- it was far too big to be a mass market kit. There is a niche who love the bigger the better kits, but most people simply do not have the room and funds to get a kit that size. A similar attention getter was giant TIE X1 Advanced they made in scale to the Darth Vader figure kit- I don't think anybody expected that replica to be released as a kit

I don't want to hear it... It's coming!!!... I believe so... In a few months we are all happy!! (Hoping positive thoughts work)....

But yeah if it will not come I will be very disipointed...

I'm as pessimistic as the next guy (which is getting easier by the day), but there is zero chance Bandai will make an A-Wing and not a B-Wing. They are going to finish that 1/72 Rebel fighter line. It might not happen this year, but it will happen. Bandai is going to have the Star Wars license for many years to come and OT kits are likely their biggest sellers. And given that the merchandise for TLJ didn't exactly fly off the shelves, Disney has every incentive to offer products they know fans are going to buy -- like a Bandai B-Wing model.

So patience is required more than pessimism. Start banking your research materials and debate ILM's color palate.

When Bandai started releasing the Star Wars kits I sold my 1:72 Fantastic Plastic B-Wing since I would rather have an eventual kit out of styrene by Bandai. I have been waiting quite a while and don't mind waiting longer- it will be worth it IMO.

I have a bunch of stuff to build to keep me busy, but when I do get a Bandai B-Wing it is definitely going to bump other projects aside

To me that Star Destroyer exhibit mostly demonstrated they had accurate data and wanted to draw attention- it was far too big to be a mass market kit. There is a niche who love the bigger the better kits, but most people simply do not have the room and funds to get a kit that size.

Ha, and then made a kit 3.5" long!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back