Bandai release schedule

whatever the reasoning for the real world practicality of five legs vs. three in terms of building the sets doesn't really get to to be applied to the story in context. In ANH the MF has only 3 landing legs and does not have the extra boxes for the additional two added later in between ANH and ESB. The fact that they are added in between the two movies is easily accepted as a new modification to the falcon with the reward money Han acquired before apparently leaving the Rebel base, even though it was really an engineering decision made to make it easier to support and move the full size falcon on the set for ESB.

Having the additional legs now being retconned as Original Equipment that was subsequently removed than added back later doesn't really make sense. With everyone loving the fact that the ANH falcon has finally been made available in a quality kit form with the Bandai release, it seems strange that they would appear to want to make it seem like that was NOT the original configuration. I suspect it was because the full size falcon rebuilt for TFA was the basis for the falcon set in this movie and the legs could not be removed as they are too integral to the structure.

cheers

No, not really,...theres loads of stuff different on her in the new film,....Han has removed added, probably crashed that ship....who knows....not everything needs to be explained

J

Since there are coverings over the sidewalls and maintenance bays, for now I'm going to assume the added length to the mandibles and added height to the jawboxes is because they're covered with (for lack of a batter term) an engine hood that when removed becomes the Falcon we know underneath. I mean, really any change is plausible in universe given that this movie is set a decade or so before ANH and Han admits to making "modifications." I just hope the design team didn't include the same guy who came up with the gorilla walkers.

I can't believe no one has mentioned the new TIE fighter in the trailers. I think it's likely we'll see a Bandai nuFalcon and that TIE as kits. So that Tie bomber will remain a distant dream...

I can't believe no one has mentioned the new TIE fighter in the trailers. I think it's likely we'll see a Bandai nuFalcon and that TIE as kits. So that Tie bomber will remain a distant dream...

True...didn't notice that until you mentioned it.
Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-06 um 07.29.57.pngBildschirmfoto 2018-02-06 um 07.26.22.png

Maybe there is some kind of hardcore landing manuever, lile the at starkillerbase during the movie, and the new new pointy mantibles get ripped apart as well as the front gearboxes only to be replaced with stock mantibles to bring back to look we know.
Maybe the TIE Bomber has its moments too.

Anyway, if Bandai comes up with the nufalcon in 144 scale and the nuTIE ( a gunship ? a pre-bomber ? empire variant to later FOs Special Forces ? ) in 72 I am more than happy to get them. I even would take that monorail at 144 not seen much yet put it does have something IMO

Last edited:
There is also the possibility that this ship is NOT the MF at all but a different ship. Later in the movie Lando might require the help of Han who assists him in a second ship - the MF we all know and love.

There is also the possibility that this ship is NOT the MF at all but a different ship. Later in the movie Lando might require the help of Han who assists him in a second ship - the MF we all know and love.

It's the Falcon. I think everything is on the table except that. Can you imagine the fan blowback if in an origin story of Han, Chewie, and Lando they have the most iconic vehicle be... a completely different ship in the end? That's a Rian Johnson-level needless bait and switch. No way Ron Howard would do that.

I have to say, I'm really jazzed about the differences in the ship. I'm glad they're doing more than just giving her a different paint job, like the Stellar Envoy. I'm loving that clean interior. Now when we see the Falcon in ANH it's like, "Dude! What the hell did you do to the Falcon?!" Han is like my teenager after she moved into the bedroom I lovingly renovated for her. When she moved in, that room was mint but within a week there were clothes all over the place, garbage on the floor, a couple gouges in the wall... just a fleeping pit! I've always loved contrasts in Star Wars. That's why I love the Naboo fighter. You see that shiny chrome and glossy yellow and it makes the rebel fighters like the X and Y-wings really look like the cobbled together junkers they were intended to be.

So the plot will at least partly concern the Kessel Run, then? Will it be a Kessel Run, or the Kessel Run? I'm hoping that it's the latter.

The Kessel Run. And we see the Spice mines. And the infamous Sabacc game. In terms of Han Solo lore, it will tick off the major boxes. Whether it does it in a way that leaves fans satisfied is another question, but Lawrence Kasdan did write it, so there's hope.

The Kessel Run. And we see the Spice mines. And the infamous Sabacc game. In terms of Han Solo lore, it will tick off the major boxes. Whether it does it in a way that leaves fans satisfied is another question, but Lawrence Kasdan did write it, so there's hope.

Agreed.
Kasdan is the main reason i have hope for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, not really,...theres loads of stuff different on her in the new film,....Han has removed added, probably crashed that ship....who knows....not everything needs to be explained

J

I for one, whole heartedly agree!......they "explained" the force with midi chlorians after all!

Also I am starting to think of the fandom going through the "growing pains" that Trek did!

Some are old school TOS some next gen, and in SW i've come to realize that I am old school and don't need to accept any of the new films or story lines! (with the pleasant surprise of Rogue One).

So I am still holding out for some OT/PT vehicles.

Also have to agree with what ppl actually notice anyway. I saw ANH 25 times in the theatre and all the movies hundreds of times in my life and to be honest, I never noticed that the Tattooine falcon had only 3 LG and no antenna until talking with ppl on this forum.

Now when we see the Falcon in ANH it's like, "Dude! What the hell did you do to the Falcon?!" Han is like my teenager after she moved into the bedroom I lovingly renovated for her. When she moved in, that room was mint but within a week there were clothes all over the place, garbage on the floor, a couple gouges in the wall... just a fleeping pit!.

Yes! What you said.

You wanna make that sucker perform, you strip her down the the frame and only keep the parts you need to make it go! That crap between the mandibles. Gone. Five gear? Who needs five gear? Overbuilt! Gone!

Maybe after blowing through the suspension supports, you realize you need to beef it back up again here and there so she holds together.

Wait, didn’t Han voice a concern about that once... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That TIE reminds me of those prototype TIE Fighters from the X-Wing Alliance game. They had one with a turbolaser on it, another with a boost pod, another with missile tubes, etc.

my thought exactly, if I remember right those had one wing panel in the middle with the pilotpod on one side and the extension on the other side

I was watching the star wars show today and they pulled out this model from a crate with white gloves. Inside my outline you can see the overlap where it appears to attach and overlap the original design.
Solo Falcon.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back