Bandai release schedule

..watched the Star Wars Show (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZAryCaRE3k ) too, but for me the more interesting thing was at time-code 2:20, the animated new Millennium Falcon. I think it's finally clear to see, that the ship has in this condition a double-layer armor, so han and chewie will have to "skin" the whole ship till the ANH-Falcon shows ub underneath. By the way, CW showed new pictures, where you can see the freight-room and the dejarik-table in new conditon, man there are as may panels to remove to get the ANH-condition, as on the outside...

..watched the Star Wars Show (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZAryCaRE3k ) too, but for me the more interesting thing was at time-code 2:20, the animated new Millennium Falcon. I think it's finally clear to see, that the ship has in this condition a double-layer armor, so han and chewie will have to "skin" the whole ship till the ANH-Falcon shows ub underneath. By the way, CW showed new pictures, where you can see the freight-room and the dejarik-table in new conditon, man there are as may panels to remove to get the ANH-condition, as on the outside...

Here ya go-

ffe337640eef1211f596b04929c87e6d.jpg
452d939e2691fe4ade6fa69fa1c0a43a.jpg
1a7211d12f72464eacaa5b79969a9c1d.jpg
0c65de446e87eacbcabc5386c8d7db91.jpg
b5b5707d09e39c629ed2b01aef9a4814.jpg
ec2f0717c9da81dc0c41dd2ff20dc6a4.jpg
ab0739f54fc3e6d5c6b671fea81de738.jpg
6f7fe31c105419b307eb406edb2455c0.jpg

I gotta say thee more I see of the ship the more I like it.
Theres something very 70’s about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Falcon obviously fell off it's diet, between Solo and Star Wars. From a slice of pizza to a fat burger. They just didn't care.

I've been much more excited to see these "anthology" movies than I have been to see the new trilogy movies.

Me too, Rogue One to me had a much more StarWarsy feel too it. I really liked John Knolls take on the story, but then he's a superfan himself. "Solo" looks like a movie with a similar feeling to it. To get back on topic: even though I'm not much of a figure modeller, I'd like to see a Han - Chewy combo from Bandai.

I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing when you say the Falcon looks too flat. If you look at the curvature lines on the jaw box and the sections leading to the docking rings it looks like the curve is similar to the 5-footer rather than the flatter 3-footer. The 5-footer does look flat from some angles, so it may be an optical illusion. That and the raised jaw box and extended nose may contribute to the flatter look. But I think the bones of the 5-footer are there.

I've been much more excited to see these "anthology" movies than I have been to see the new trilogy movies.

Word! The "a Star Wars story" films are better / look better then the new trilogy. ESB, ANH, RO, ROTJ... rest is meh with a a few cool moments here and there.

Looks like they are breaking continuity with the falcon. It has five sets of landing gear legs in it's 'New' configuration and then loses two for ANH then back to five for ESB. Doesn't really make sense.

Cheers

I also doesn't really matter.

I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing when you say the Falcon looks too flat. If you look at the curvature lines on the jaw box and the sections leading to the docking rings it looks like the curve is similar to the 5-footer rather than the flatter 3-footer. The 5-footer does look flat from some angles, so it may be an optical illusion. That and the raised jaw box and extended nose may contribute to the flatter look. But I think the bones of the 5-footer are there.

Yes looks like the 5 footer to me also....the thing that could be making it look flat to some is how high the hull is in comparison to the turret, docking walkways & cockpit walkway.....they all look much the same level in around the turret

attachment.php

attachment.php

J

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 4.00.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 4.00.59 PM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 950
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 22.52.09.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 22.52.09.png
    730.1 KB · Views: 934
Yes looks like the 5 footer to me also....the thing that could be making it look flat to some is how high the hull is in comparison to the turret, docking walkways & cockpit walkway.....they all look much the same level in around the turret

https://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=794457&d=1518037670

https://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=794458&d=1518113391

J
John, it might partially be the armor overhang along the side walls also. Looks more 32in in those photos to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

John, it might partially be the armor overhang along the side walls also. Looks more 32in in those photos to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The whole circumference of the circular hull has increased also because of the height of the cladding needing to make the sidewalls the standard height.....this effects the docking rings etc

I'll see if I can mock up a diagram

J

Here's a mock up using Maruska's drawings of the 5 footer,...see how I've increased the thickness of the hull,...how near to level it is to the turret & the walkways...& because of this the diameter of the circular hull increases way beyond the docking rings

attachment.php

...another drawing coming...top view

J

Attachments

• Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 886
Top view...again using Maruska's drawing.

attachment.php

I know it's rough....but should give the idea of the extra cladding....a bigger ship

J

Attachments

• MillenniumFalcon.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 858

J
I'm inclined to agree with Hunk a Junk. It could also be that the extended "not mandibles" section is throwing off the dimensions we're all familiar with, creating an optical illusion that makes the hull appear flatter.

I can't say I care for this version of the Falcon; I much prefer it with the exposed mandibles and sidewall hardware.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back