Bandai release schedule

Honestly, I've seen much worse misfires from Bandai. This is just an average kit: not great or mind-blowing, but not bad either.

It'll only get worse. B*ndai's lost so many customers lately, no wonder their market share and profits are in free fall. Clearly, they don't bother to listen to the fans; B*ndai should wake up, smell the coffee and get off their high horse. Sooner or later, Lucasfilm would be wise to hand the license over to another company who understand what the USERS want.

Is this really a model kit or something they are putting in vending machines as you leave a grocery store... Because that's what it looks like!

It'll only get worse. B*ndai's lost so many customers lately, no wonder their market share and profits are in free fall. Clearly, they don't bother to listen to the fans; B*ndai should wake up, smell the coffee and get off their high horse. Sooner or later, Lucasfilm would be wise to hand the license over to another company who understand what the USERS want.

Well I want it now, considering that it's confirmed to be the second Death Star instead of the first.

Like I said, it's average: it's not great, but not bad, but I'll get it anyway because it's a design that I want. One average kit isn't really grounds for me to damn the company to Hell.

Worse? I love the small scale line... Highly detailed and inexpensive. Plus they gave us the PG Falcon. Is it what users want, or what you want?

Well I want it now, considering that it's confirmed to be the second Death Star instead of the first.

Like I said, it's average: it's not great, but not bad, but I'll get it anyway because it's a design that I want. One average kit isn't really grounds for me to damn the company to Hell.

It's an average kit in a pile of crap. The user should let his wallet do the talking as B*ndai seems too retarded to even listen to them.
I'm done with them, I'm fed up entirely and not only with Star Wars. There's more than a thousand other users who share the same view.

Once they release nothing but palm-sized garbage, more folks would understand.

Not to anyone in particular. Just the whole scenario.
60eb57040dd66a48489a015198269903.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's an average kit in a pile of crap. The user should let his wallet do the talking as B*ndai seems too retarded to even listen to them.
I'm done with them, I'm fed up entirely and not only with Star Wars. There's more than a thousand other users who share the same view.

Once they release nothing but palm-sized garbage, more folks would understand.

Um, okay? I guess? Frankly you've been at this since the 1/144 AT-AT so I'm just gonna drop this before one or both of us gets banned.

I will say politely that in this case (Death Star), a really tiny scale isn't doing Bandai any favors. :) Not that I need a three-foot wide DS, but.....trying to portray crisp detail at that scale/size is really difficult, even with state-of-the-art molding processes. Sadly, will pass on this one.

I will say politely that in this case (Death Star), a really tiny scale isn't doing Bandai any favors. :) Not that I need a three-foot wide DS, but.....trying to portray crisp detail at that scale/size is really difficult, even with state-of-the-art molding processes. Sadly, will pass on this one.
Frankly, Bandai has done itself no favors for the last couple of years. "One step forward, three steps back" sums up their business model; they shoot themselves in the foot, every new announcement is predictably met with disappointment from the users. It's not at all surprising that they've lost a good chunk of their share in the market for plastic models, the users have lost faith...

Frankly, Bandai has done itself no favors for the last couple of years. "One step forward, three steps back" sums up their business model; they shoot themselves in the foot, every new announcement is predictably met with disappointment from the users. It's not at all surprising that they've lost a good chunk of their share in the market for plastic models, the users have lost faith...

What's your problem? You are the only one complaining here, so perhaps you shouldn't speak for all of us. For my part, I am amazed by most of Bandai's kits, and would be a very happy person if they were available officially in the EU instead of the Revell toys. Some of the newer kits aren't even listed on Amazon.de.

I hope that Bandai keep on their track!

"Look at the size of that thing!"

"Cut the chatter Red 2!"

Well, I like it. And I think Bandai has been doing a fine job with its SW line. Not only are they nice and accurate in shape, they're super well engineered and a pleasure to put together. I wish we could have had stuff like this when I were a wee nipper.

Kids these days, grumble grumble.

Palm scale is popular in Japan where space is a premium, and that is Bandai's main target market. That they have Blue Fin as a distributor here in the US to sell products made for the Japanese market is a plus when before we had to rely on Ebay or Amazon sellers in Japan to obtain Japanese market items .

Why the hate-on for Bandai by some people? Why is it that if someone is disappointed in a company, product offerings, or a movie, that suddenly a crusade is born to get everyone to share in the discontent and dislike? If you do not like something, don't buy it. But this toddler temper-tantrum stuff I am witnessing over everything from movies to models because someone did not get exactly what they wanted - is beyond irritating.

Personally, I like the palm-scale ships to display on my workhorse computer. They are not for everyone but Bandai has provided us fans many kits above and beyond anything AMT Monogram or Revell has ever mass produced with ILM studio-level accuracy.

Why the hate-on for Bandai by some people? Why is it that if someone is disappointed in a company, product offerings, or a movie, that suddenly a crusade is born to get everyone to share in the discontent and dislike?

Actually I think there's only one person around here with a weird and irrational hatred of Bandai. Aside from that individual, and the odd bit of carping from people who wish Bandai would produce larger spaceship models because that's their preference, I don't think there's that much ranting and raving about the company.

But it is interesting to reflect on how the noise generated by just one or two trolls can really alter the tone in a discussion area. A lesson for social media in general, perhaps.

- nkg

Palm scale is popular in Japan where space is a premium, and that is Bandai's main target market. That they have Blue Fin as a distributor here in the US to sell products made for the Japanese market is a plus when before we had to rely on Ebay or Amazon sellers in Japan to obtain Japanese market items .

Why the hate-on for Bandai by some people? Why is it that if someone is disappointed in a company, product offerings, or a movie, that suddenly a crusade is born to get everyone to share in the discontent and dislike? If you do not like something, don't buy it. But this toddler temper-tantrum stuff I am witnessing over everything from movies to models because someone did not get exactly what they wanted - is beyond irritating.

Personally, I like the palm-scale ships to display on my workhorse computer. They are not for everyone but Bandai has provided us fans many kits above and beyond anything AMT Monogram or Revell has ever mass produced with ILM studio-level accuracy.

My post probably came across more negative/snarky than I intended. :) I love what Bandai is doing/has done with the SW line and I'm really grateful to have their stuff (especially like the 1/72 ships) since even 40 years on, good SW kits have been to hard to come by.

I understand there's a large market for small scales in Japan (not everyone has a McMansion with a 2,500 sq ft "en suite"), I just think that in this case Bandai really constrained themselves with the tiny scale. Even a couple more inches would've helped the detail breathe a bit more (and still wouldn't have pushed anyone out of their Tokyo apartments).

Regardless, I'm sure they'll sell quite a few. :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back