Bandai release schedule

... but not more than the 1/144...:D

IMG_1404.JPG

There's lots that go on the business world that make little sense to most of us. Several Internet/tech companies that never made any money sold for millions and more--and some never made any money later, either. But models have a sim-bionic relationship with sci-fi. It's in the best interest that models be out there. But the modeling world is small and getting smaller. You can't be Disney/Lucas demanding millions from such a small market. And it can even get to the point that you think there is so little to gotten out of a market that you might as well take nothing and still have control. I don't think the license is free, mind you. And I don't think the modeling world is making "millions" (not in net or profit) off of SW, either. What Disney/Lucas most likely gets, though, is control. That explains the markets, the flatties, the choice of subjects, etc. But as I said, the best evidence we have about a license fee is the price of kits. And I never said in my last post that there was NO fee. I only said that the idea of an astronomic (no pun intended) fee doesn't play out in the cost of the kits.

I agree SW probably doesnt make that much yet, but with their rapidly ever expanding catalogue of models im sure they will make millions over the coming decades. So Im looking at "$ Millions" over a long period of time as SW has a long shelf life. I think Disney wouldnt pass up on taking a slice of the pie, to them all the little bits from different companies on all SW merchandise, not just models, adds up to a lot. And i too dont think the license fee will be astronomic, when i said, not cheap, i didnt mean cripplingly greedy, just a fair amount and all this adds up with all Bandai's other many overheads to a price of £300.

I think with these new High Quality models from Bandai the Sci-Fi part of modeling will grow, partly at the expense of Armour etc. But also new modelers will be created, like a Hot Toys collector might want a few 1/6 Stormtroopers or this Amazing Falcon, at £300 thats not far over the price of a single pre-order 1/6 Chewie here in the UK. If i was Disney id have a clause that said they can sell Bandai Model Kits in every Disney Store they had Worldwide. Parents want their kids to build things, be creative and get off games consoles or away from TV and ive yet to meet a kid who didnt like Star Wars.

I hate what this kit does to me. It seems to make me want to get a second kit --- just in case I foul up the first one either by losing/breaking parts or messing up the paintjob. But then I want one un-assembled to preserve in mint condition as well (why? I don't know and can't explain it) so that makes three -- when one kit is expensive enough. My kid thinks I'm the kid in the family.

At least MPC did us Falcon modelers a favor by making a clear period image of the 5-footer widely available... ;^D

Of course, this is a case in point for those who lobbied for rules about putting pix of the actual product on the box.

Regards, Robert

I hate what this kit does to me. It seems to make me want to get a second kit --- just in case I foul up the first one either by losing/breaking parts or messing up the paintjob. But then I want one un-assembled to preserve in mint condition as well (why? I don't know and can't explain it) so that makes three -- when one kit is expensive enough. My kid thinks I'm the kid in the family.

Same basic reasoning for me getting two DeAgo kits. I actually think this is kinda the problem people have with the cost of so many kits--so many modern jets are getting expensive--models are much more expensive when you start thinking about stocking up the stash. It's not how expensive ONE is, necessarily, it's how expensive THREE or TEN are. However, having the DeAgo kits makes it easier for me to just get one of these new MFs, and then one or two more if they release a later, cheaper (minus the extras), ESB kit.

Although, as someone pointed out, Bandai still hasn't given us a 48th X without the extras (and Tamiya still hasn't produced a 48th scale 2-seat F-16, which was "obviously" coming for how many years now?), so who knows?
Mike Todd

At least MPC did us Falcon modelers a favor by making a clear period image of the 5-footer widely available... ;^D

Of course, this is a case in point for those who lobbied for rules about putting pix of the actual product on the box.

Regards, Robert

I don't mind having box art being of the source material or a painting, as long as there are actual pictures of the model built OOB on the sides or back.
I cut my falcon picture out and placed it on a cropped travel poster snow capped mountains of Norway- it mad a great Hoth poster.

Same basic reasoning for me getting two DeAgo kits. I actually think this is kinda the problem people have with the cost of so many kits--so many modern jets are getting expensive--models are much more expensive when you start thinking about stocking up the stash. It's not how expensive ONE is, necessarily, it's how expensive THREE or TEN are. However, having the DeAgo kits makes it easier for me to just get one of these new MFs, and then one or two more if they release a later, cheaper (minus the extras), ESB kit.

Although, as someone pointed out, Bandai still hasn't given us a 48th X without the extras (and Tamiya still hasn't produced a 48th scale 2-seat F-16, which was "obviously" coming for how many years now?), so who knows?
Mike Todd
I really doubt we'll ever see the x wing without the motor. That motor was integral to the whole thing and they would really be designing it from scratch

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks for rubbing it in our faces haha.Some of us poverty strickend folk will have to sell our asses just to get one ;)

Haha, I was really just expressing how how much I want this kit and my dream of owning multiples of it, but the reality is I can't afford even one at the moment. But I'll strive to save up for just one and be content with it. Come to think of it, I'm really in the wrong hobby.

On another note, I wonder how much influence the forum had in Bandai venturing into this project. From those promo shots they seem to have gone through the task of identifying the kit parts used the 5-footer. In all likelihood they began by searching what's on the web and there's no denying therpf would have come up on the search engine. So maybe the work of our studio-scale residents was a main resource and Bandai must have pored through the same colored maps? By the same token, I guess a lot of studio-scale builders will benefit from this model being a great resource of dimensions to scale up and build from.

Last edited:
I asked to Adam of USA Gundam Store some informations about the availability outside Japan of this "Limited Edition", and how he can obtain it.
He said that in Japan they have a supplier there who they get their P-Bandai kits from and never have had a problem. They have also been told that it might be released in the USA as well, but he cant go to much into that.
If so, the possibility of getting the ultimate falcon is getting real, after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
And you have to realize that they may look more or less angled depending on the camera angle and focal length. I'm guessing they weren't paying that close attention when they were photographing it.

Last edited:
The whole debate over parallel mandibles only concerns one kit manufacturer who released two kits of the Falcon of a different studio model. The 32" studio model has a more pronounced & obvious toe-in but the FineMolds 1/72 & 1/144 kits mandibles were completely parallel.

The expense of the 1/72 and the pride of owning the kit was one of the main things that hurt us the most as we began to realise that this ultimate Falcon kit could be less than perfect,...so the debate on the forums began as some defended their model & demanded evidence & measurements of proof that there even was a toe-in at all

The 5 Footer is completely different.....the toe-in is less obvious & Bandai's 1/144 & 1/350 kits match perfectly....I images of the new 1/72 show that there's nothing to worry about either

J

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back