Bandai release schedule

I hope they have plans for more 1/48 kits or Blockade Runner in 1/350.

1/72 fighters are too small for me. BUT, I dont mind... well more like I hope that they make large models in 1/72 like AtAt, Juggernaut, Naboo yachts from Ep1 to 3, Tydirium, Ebon Hawk & other Kotor/Tor ships and what else that I cant think of atm. I mean it will be greedy if I hope they produce these in 1/48... but Bandai do make huge Gundam kits tho.

And a 1.2 meter SSD.

Here are some more shots of the B-wing from Winter Wonder Festival:

http://www.taghobby.com/archives/260551

B047.jpg

There are also shots of Han and Luke as Stormtroopers and an early reveal Darth Vader.

edit:

More shots from the show here:

http://hobby.dengeki.com/event/528527/

Last edited:
That is one that has been on my wish list for a while. I really wish they'd release more models in the 1:48 scale, just imagine the detail you'd get from that.

Next ones on the wish list in order:
Imperial Probe Droid - both the pod and the droid, but I'd settle for just the droid.
Medical Frigate
Luke's Land speeder
Jawa Sandcrawler
Cloud Car

More capital ships in general

Next on my wishlist

1/72 TIE Bomber
1/72 TIE Silencer
1/144 Resistance Bomber
1/72 Resitance A-Wing
1/72 Naboo Fighter
1/144 AT-M6 w/ mobile DS laser thingy
1/144 Ghost

That’s a pity . I was hoping for a 1/72 A-Wing that’d be more in scale with the existing Bandai 1/72 X and Y - wings . The current A-wing is too large to be 1/72 imo .
I don´t get it. What makes you think the A-Wing is not in right scale ? According to the Star Wars Databank, the A-Wing is 9,6 meter long. At 72 scale this calculates down to 133 mm, wich is EXACTLY what I measure on mine :confused

I don´t get it. What makes you think the A-Wing is not in right scale ? According to the Star Wars Databank, the A-Wing is 9,6 meter long. At 72 scale this calculates down to 133 mm, wich is EXACTLY what I measure on mine :confused

if I’m not mistaken, Bandai’s A-Wing pilot is larger than the pilots in their other 1/72 starfighter kits.

Ok, never noticed that before. But the A-Wing Pilot is definatly smaller than the Snowspeeder pilots.
Comparing all the spare flaties and figures I have, the A-Wing pilot is same as Vader, maybe 1mm taller than TIE or Rebel pilots.
Maybe the Rebels had only tall pilots left for the smallest fighter :)

Haha, maybe!

B-Wing has GOTTA be a retail product. To tease us like that would be truly, truly cruel and beyond carting around that big Star Destroyer to every show. If it's not the real deal, would be one of the bigger disappointments of my SW fandom.....

A machine translation of the Twitter notice reads, "In the "Star Wars" Plastic Model series, 1/72 B wing star fighter is exhibited for reference! Please wait for the next report!".

@gedmac66, @Real Scooby, @r0ver... The problem is that ILM scaled the same size miniatures from the same molds differently. The primary reference for Bandai is the two versions with static pilots, which is what the Databank size is derived from, etc. But then they did one with an oversize half-pilot (nothing below the waist, because it wouldn't fit in the ship) with animatronics for a moving head , the mechanics of which required something bigger than the static pilot. The movement feature ultimately wasn't used in filming, but that ended up being the more photographed miniature for some years, and was the basis of the scaling for the old MPC kit and the Kenner toy (not that they concerned themselves over much with accurate vehicle scaling anyway, but...).

So now there are two stubborn camps. Those who think the smaller A-wing looks better, and those who prefer one that can fit a pilot with legs.

That said, I don't have an answer on the "averaged" pilot figure. It's like they tried to split the difference to make him look bigger in the cockpit, while still not so big he'd need to be a double amputee, and to hell with how that affects the stated scale.

A machine translation of the Twitter notice reads, "In the "Star Wars" Plastic Model series, 1/72 B wing star fighter is exhibited for reference! Please wait for the next report!".
Human translators usually take the context and intent of statements into consideration, something most (if not all) artificial translators can't do. In the context of the show, "Exhibited for reference" could translate as "It's not available yet, but we wanted to show off what we have so far," and "Wait for the next report!" could mean "We'll announce the official release date soon." Of course, that's putting a positive spin on it; the "next report" could easily be, "We've crunched the numbers, and have decided not to produce the kit after all." :D

I personally wouldn't worry about Bandai not releasing the 1/72 B-Wing since they chose to display a fully decaled/painted kit rather than an all-grey prototype. Unless someone here can point to when it'll be released, my guess is that it'll come out later this year after the 1/12 Han/Luke figures.

̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶d̶i̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶ ̶'̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶'̶m̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶y̶p̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶t̶u̶r̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶K̶a̶m̶e̶n̶ ̶R̶i̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶B̶-̶W̶i̶n̶g̶.̶

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back