Bandai release schedule

A few observations on what may be effecting our perception of the figure's helmet. One, the black 'brow' band is apparently out of place (too low) making the 'forehead' look too tall. Fix that, and the top should look fine. Two, the 'teeth' would look better if they were mostly black (heavy wash?), making the individual elements look thinner. If molded too thick, then thinning 'em would be an improvement. Lastly, the angle of the 'face' looks slightly off; however, this may be a camera induced distortion because it really does look minor. I think it best to let someone look at the actual parts-in-hand once available so we can get a proper examination. Too many times, getting judgemental using just online images has bitten back when actual product becomes available.

FWIW.

Regards, Robert

Indeed. The black brow seems to be movable like the brow on the 1/12 Sandtrooper kit which is a good thing because it was movable on the real helmets. I can't wait for the first review / build report.

Some nice images of the 1/350 Falcon.....& she's the ANH version with non-mirrored sidewalls.......another one for my collection,...look at the detail

Hopefully this is the forerunner for the 1/72

10420439a2.jpg

10420439a3.jpg
10420439a4.jpg

10420439a5.jpg

10420439a6.jpg

10420439b.jpg

That'll be me soon

J

My theory: This is a pre-ANH version. Han had these installed before Chewie changed them for the better-known ones because he liked them better. After ROTJ Han had the Falcon rebuilt and re-installed the previous docking rings. Then he lost the ship so that Chewie never had the opportunity to exchange them again - hence their appearance in TFA. ;) :)

(I'm curious, maybe we'll see the same configuration in the Han Solo solo movie ;) and my theory is correct. :) )

How odd. That model looks magnificent, and the sidewalls and dish look great. But the docking rings are the TFA rings!

Wait - someone else noted that. Should read the whole thread.

Okay, I need to share this tidbit. Bandai can mold articulated fingers right on the sprue. Literally, you remove the mostly complete hand with fingers and the fingers move on pinned hinges. This was something I saw at the last model club meeting on a Gundam figure. I believe they must have a dual injection process where the fingers with the hinge holes are molded with a metal pin forms the void, followed by a second injection with the metal pin retracted, just for the pins.

There were also working pistons on the ankle that were the same tech - molded on the sprue, working parts.

It was amazing to see such functional parts at such a tiny scale, all molded in place. I suspect the pins are a different plastic to ensure there isn't any adhesion between the hinge parts. But - Too cool!

Regards. Robert

Okay, I need to share this tidbit. Bandai can mold articulated fingers right on the sprue. It was amazing to see such functional parts at such a tiny scale, all molded in place. I suspect the pins are a different plastic to ensure there isn't any adhesion between the hinge parts. But - Too cool!

And yet Revell still can't get basic proportions or details correct.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sooo waiting for a 1/12 General Grievous figure. That one would be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. :)

THIS!!!!! THIS!!!! THIS!!!!!! And a Droideka!!! And a Super Battle Droid!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back