Wow, blown away by the Bandai AT-ST!

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 539
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 473
Yeah, at first I wasn't overly excited by the pics on HLJ (it looked like the eyes were molded shut, and that the legs were fixed), but the description from the description from the Bandai page and the new photos they've put up are just too, too good to pass on.

Too bad the AT-ST is a mix of the TESB, pyro ROTJ and go-mo ROTJ AT-STs, most of the details are from the go-mo ROTJ scout walker though. With a bit of work it should look as it should !

Last edited:
AT-ST's, INCOMMING!!!!!:eek

Just got shipping confirmation from HLJ that it's on its way. Can't wait to open this thing up, as it will also be the first Bandai kit I've ever had.

Snowspeeder available to order now @ HLJ

J

J, any opinions on how it compares to the Fine Molds kit? I have that one already... and if you've seen one Snowspeeder, you've seen them all - right?
;^P
Regards, Robert

(I just saw Yorkie Fett's remark - is that true? FM Snowspeeders for $100 USD? That is nuts!! With fruit!!)

Last edited:
J, any opinions on how it compares to the Fine Molds kit? I have that one already... and if you've seen one Snowspeeder, you've seen them all - right?
;^P
Regards, Robert

(I just saw Yorkie Fett's remark - is that true? FM Snowspeeders for $100 USD? That is nuts!! With fruit!!)

Check out the FM snowspeeders on EBay, crazy prices.
Bandai version is apparently out in May.

"Bandai's assault on the "Star Wars" universe continues with their 1/48-scale Snowspeeder! Molded in color, it features snapfit construction for ease of assembly, and it comes with pilot and gunner figures, laser effect parts, two different clear canopy parts (one with a window frame and one without), harpoon parts, parts to replicate opened air brakes, and a Hoth-style display base. Order today and join the fight to keep the Imperials at bay!"

J

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bandai kits (Snowspeeder included) are like $16 at hobby link Japan. Even with shipping to the States I'll bet they're less than what you'd pay a retailer for them here...

;^P
Regards, Robert

Let me answer this one. Finemolds snowspeeder is ok. Its biggest fault is the bottom front vent. I hope and I believed Bandai will try to replicate every details that exist in the studio models. I gave my 3 boxes of Finemolds Snowspeeder to my son after I pre-ordered the Bandai version.

The Bandai kits (Snowspeeder included) are like $16 at hobby link Japan. Even with shipping to the States I'll bet they're less than what you'd pay a retailer for them here...

To Canada, $31 all in with shipping for the AT-ST. That, incidentally, is cheaper than you can find the crappiest Revell snap-tite starfighters at ANY brick and mortar. I don't know how that works, but I LIKE IT! The only problem is endlessly refreshing HLJ to see if Bandai has added a Stardestroyer yet.

Check out the prices on the 1/72 Falcon!!! You will need to mortgage your house........:eek
I guess the message is, don't dawdle. If you think you might even look inside the box once, let alone build them, then buy now and don't wait for the prices to rise.
Oh and BTW, I have some in the post and some on pre-order :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back