Bandai release schedule

I agree. Why doesnt Bandai just concentrate on releasing all the main ships from the original trilogy and then move on to figures and the other trilogies.
Instead theyre bouncing all over the place with releasing slightly modified duplicates and stuff.
Im still waiting for a Blockade runner, Probe Droid, Super Star destroyer, and B-wing.

Sheesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably because they don't want fans of the OT to ever give up on them. They need to spread it around.

Like all good drug dealers do....

Last edited:
I will be honest I will buy these as I like all their figure kits, just really looking forward to the next real release. Be that a snow trooper, IG88, (insert non rehash figure here) or many of the various vehicles we all want in non vehicle model scale. No knock on vehicle model line, I know how many people love them, and they are great. I know it's all coming, but Bandai has spoiled me with their rapid release schedule. Frankly my back log is big enough already so I can wait as well.

Last edited:
I'd also note that most of us are men whose average age is probably mid-40s. This was an animated show on Cartoon Network. The Clone Wars wasn't created just for adult men. Some episodes are intended to appeal to kids and young kids like Jar Jar. Mine did and still do. If it helps them like Star Wars, I can give them that.

The other way to look at it is that there were 121 episodes produced. If even 60 episodes were adult cool, that's pretty good for a show like that.

As for the Han and Luke kits... meh. It's basically a re-pop of the OT stormtrooper kit with a new sprue for the faces. It's likely going to require swappable heads since the way Bandai engineered the helmet there's no way it can be made to fit over a model human head. If I didn't already have a stormie, it would be a cool option, but I'm not going to buy a new kit just for the heads.
But Luke comes with a grappling hook. ​A grappling hook!

BTW, for those keeping track at home, the new 'off the assembly line' Millennium Falcon in Solo: A Star Wars Story is a five landing gear ship, not three. Both the CG model and the live action set have the extra gear boxes on the front underside hull. Which means, apparently, the ship was built with five gears, then for some reason Han removed them, patched up the holes, then re-added them after the Battle of Yavin. Which makes complete sense. :facepalm To make no mention of the interior cockpit being deeper, then shorter, then deeper again.

So.... when it comes to Falcon continuity... there just isn't any and no one is even trying. Not that there was much to start with, if we're being honest, but still.

That being said, the trailer looks pretty cool.

BTW, for those keeping track at home, the new 'off the assembly line' Millennium Falcon in Solo: A Star Wars Story is a five landing gear ship, not three. Both the CG model and the live action set have the extra gear boxes on the front underside hull. Which means, apparently, the ship was built with five gears, then for some reason Han removed them, patched up the holes, then re-added them after the Battle of Yavin. Which makes complete sense. :facepalm To make no mention of the interior cockpit being deeper, then shorter, then deeper again.

So.... when it comes to Falcon continuity... there just isn't any and no one is even trying. Not that there was much to start with, if we're being honest, but still.

That being said, the trailer looks pretty cool.

It's just the lack of SWIQ....or MFIQ

J

It's just the lack of SWIQ....or MFIQ

J

I'm sure (in fact, I know) that it's because they are just redressing the live action set pieces from TFA and TLJ. I have no doubt they had a production meeting where they talked about it and it was decided that removing the gear boxes from the live action set wasn't feasible, either because of cost or (more likely) because the full size Falcon can't support it's own weight without them. So then if you remove them, then you have to add support posts painted green that you later remove using CG. I'm sure that it became a question of "how many people are going to notice and how many people care?" I live with three other Star Wars fans. I guarantee none of them will notice or care. :cry

Differences in props and sets aren't always meant to indicate in universe changes. Sometimes there are inconsistencies in the same film.

The film makers generally aren't overly concerned with every detail of the props. They are just tools to help tell the story.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

And there's a looooong history in Star Wars films of miniatures not matching live action sets, interiors not fitting into exteriors, landing gear that retract into engine compartments, droids not fitting into sockets, etc etc etc. Still, it would've been a nice touch if they could've kept the gear boxes off the new/older Falcon in Solo. Bottom line, if the film rocks, most people will give it a pass. If the film blows, it will be a subject of many posts and YouTube videos chronicling the many ways the film went wrong.

Really hope we get to see Bandai release a 1/144 of the Solo Falcon. I’m loving the gapless mandibles.

edit: trailer looks good but that obviously means nothing. Love a bit of Woody Harrelson though.

I've watched both teasers a half dozen times now. I gotta say, I really like what I see. The movie looks a looser, gangster version of Rogue One. If you've seen Rush, you know Ron Howard can do speed -- and this movie looks like it hauls butt. I like these trailers way more than the trailers for TLJ. Irreverent, doesn't take itself too seriously, crank the throttle... yeah, I'm in. Does the actor look like Solo? Sure, enough. As much as Ewan looked like a young Sir Alec. I'm genuinely excited.

I've watched both teasers a half dozen times now. I gotta say, I really like what I see. The movie looks a looser, gangster version of Rogue One. If you've seen Rush, you know Ron Howard can do speed -- and this movie looks like it hauls butt. I like these trailers way more than the trailers for TLJ. Irreverent, doesn't take itself too seriously, crank the throttle... yeah, I'm in. Does the actor look like Solo? Sure, enough. As much as Ewan looked like a young Sir Alec. I'm genuinely excited.

I'm pretty excited by it too - the visual design is killer, there's LOTS of awesome new cosplay opportunities (ESB Han, but all black & brown? HELL YES. An Qi'ra's costumes look aMAZing too).

They've gone straight back to McQuarrie again for the Falcon. Compare the Docking Bay 94 painting with the hi-res still of Qi'ra -- look at the docking rings.

falcon.jpg

dhpnio80oae01.jpg

I, for one, can't wait to see Bandai tackle this!

How cool is that! brilliant find!. After (The Last "Letdown") I am actually really looking forward to this Movie, and its not far away...at least not in this Galaxy :p

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back