Bandai release schedule

Anyone know of any good quality larger scale slave 1 models?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

There are the Fine Molds 1/72 versions. They are the largest and best quality commercial kits. Although they probably go for scalpers prices these days

There is also a Revell kit that is around 1/76 to 1/87 or so, likewise there is a similar size MPC one. However bth the Revell and MPC need a lot of work

I would love for Bandai to do a 1/72 version of Slave-1, but they seem reluctant to do larger ships in that scale.

here's hoping the Falcon breaks that tradition and they start doing more

...& just incase anyone is worried about Bandai's mirrored underside pits for the reviewed 1/144,....they were mirrored on the CG asset for TFA,.....so I'd say they wont need updating

attachment.php

J

Attachments

• Underside.jpg
    Underside.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 1,228
Real JATO/RATO pods are self contained and literally strap onto the side of a plane. They work in reality but somehow are too silly for Star Wars? There's plenty of crap in the new movies to ridicule, no need to rag on something grounded in fact.
orig_219802.jpg

Star Wars ships have always had logical and continuity inconsistencies. They're fantasy vehicles. Do the Falcon interiors match the exteriors? No. Is there a reason why a Twin Pod Cloud Car has twin pods? Eh, probably not. Does R2 fit well in the Jedi starfighter? Not really.

The issue with the extra engine on Poe's X-Wing comes down to whether it's needed for the story and it makes some kind of internal sense. Is it there just to look cool? Why does Poe need a "boost"? In the Empire magazine picture, the engine exhaust is a different color than the pink glow from the X-Wing's engines, so it seems it's doing more than just adding extra speed or power. The ship is flying directly at the new star destroyer, so maybe it provides some sort of unique thrust that allows Poe to penetrate the star destroyer's shields. Who knows. It all comes down to the story. If people like the story, it doesn't matter how goofy the rationale for a strap-on booster is. If the story sucks, people will say the booster ruined their childhoods.

Real JATO/RATO pods are self contained and literally strap onto the side of a plane. They work in reality but somehow are too silly for Star Wars? There's plenty of crap in the new movies to ridicule, no need to rag on something grounded in fact.
View attachment 756950

That's pretty cool. I'm not sure what the function is of the guy in the bubble, but it that was me all you'd see is my lunch on the glass.

Blue-Angels.jpg

I believe that's the Blue Angels modified C-130 Fat Albert. I'm guessing that is probably where a coordinator/coach/instructor(?) can watch the jets during the routines to make sure they are in the right positions etc...

I remeber seeing that years ago take off at an airshow. the speed boost is basically to help the fully loaded aircraft get off the ground. It was pretty impressive
https://youtu.be/1A3AeYagLqg

Reminds me of the old Darwin story of some guy stealing a JATO unit and mounting it to the trunk of his '77 Dodge Charger. Result was a strip of melted asphalt and a metal snowflake on the side of hill. Probably not true but it does create an interesting image in your mind...

Reminds me of the old Darwin story of some guy stealing a JATO unit and mounting it to the trunk of his '77 Dodge Charger. Result was a strip of melted asphalt and a metal snowflake on the side of hill. Probably not true but it does create an interesting image in your mind...

Mythbusters tested this one at least twice (maybe three times). It's pretty well busted, but cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHUsGFGhfmk

Last edited:
One thing that troubled me in those Mythbusters episodes, is that they weighed down the front of the vehicle with concrete to counter the weight of the rocket. As per the "story", would some guy who found a JATO rocket, really take the time to weigh down the front of the vehicle? I always wondered what would have happened if the Mythusters never weighed down the front of the vehicle. Instead of a short arc to the ground, it would have probably have "flown" further, albeit with possibly dangerous consequences...Which probably answers the question of my puzzlement. It's not worth getting someone killed in order to dispel a myth.

TazMan2000

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back