Bandai release schedule

The extra engine seems to be a strapped on booster, like a JATO rocket added to cargo planes to help them get off the ground with extra heavy loads. Maybe it's for more sublight speed for some special purpose in the film.

Becsuse F= mA at sublight speeds.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

But in TFA (and apparently in Rebels this next season) we learn that hyperdrive can be activated in hangars and de-activated inside atmospheres. Need a quick boost? Just tap the ol' hyperdrive motivator for a scosh and fwooph! Boost away! ;)

When Poe really needs to escape New Order forces in a hurry:

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Even in a space fantasy, that had to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen
It's amazing that this stuff can ride a fine line. That sort of stunt fits in perfectly with Stargate. And the Galactica jumping into the atmosphere of new caprica was the high point of the series.

But oddly, star wars never really resorted to gimmick set pieces like that. The closest thing was the attachment to the ISD in ESB.
But in TFA is was fracking stupid.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Re: Poe's boosted X-Wing....seems as if everyone's little brother has taken over Star Wars. Sigh. As a friend said, our only hope remains with character origin movies.

When Poe really needs to escape New Order forces in a hurry:

https://media.giphy.com/media/cRH5deQTgTMR2/giphy.gifView attachment 755647
Ever notice that the Turbo Boost button, the one he reached for 20 times an episode, is right next to the Driver ejection seat button- the very last button would like to push in an emergency?

For me the new X-Wing booster makes all the engines look more like decorations. Even with advanced tech the regular engines are pretty small but the new booster has no room for any hardware behind it...

But on the 1/144 Falcon the corrected the mirrored jaw-details, but not the too big/too high greeblies on top of the cockpit-tube, right?

Last edited:
Yeah, from what I can tell from the photos on Bandai's website, the jaw details are the only change - the cockpit tube greeblies are unchanged.

The painted panels in the front left quadrant are also different in the TLJ model on Bandai's site, but those are hand-painted examples; they don't necessarily reflect the final decals, but it's possible the decals are also slightly different.

But on the 1/144 Falcon the corrected the mirrored jaw-details, but not the too big/too high greeblies on top of the cockpit-tube, right?
Yeah, from what I can tell from the photos on Bandai's website, the jaw details are the only change - the cockpit tube greeblies are unchanged.

The painted panels in the front left quadrant are also different in the TLJ model on Bandai's site, but those are hand-painted examples; they don't necessarily reflect the final decals, but it's possible the decals are also slightly different.

There was nothing wrong with the jaw,....it was the portside mandible that was mirrored

J

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back