Bandai release schedule

Any idea how wide this 1/72 falcon would be when sitting at that angle on its stand? Wondering if it would fit my display case.

Based on Width 25.61 meters. 1/72 Model is 35.5cm Wide. Using tape measure held at the angle in the video i arrive at a Width of 33.2cm or a tiny bit over 13 inches. But it might be wider taking into acount the height of the sides!

Ive got photoetch for my lil Bandai Falcons exhaust vents, and im definately getting some for this one too! It is a beautiful piece of Artwork, Bandai should rename it "Perfect Grade Model Art". Looking at the video everything is so crisp if i didnt know better id think it was a much bigger model, the dimensions and curves looks just right, like im watching it in the movie!

Congrats to everyone thats pre-ordered, im really happy for you! :thumbsup

Based on Width 25.61 meters. 1/72 Model is 35.5cm Wide. Using tape measure held at the angle in the video i arrive at a Width of 33.2cm or a tiny bit over 13 inches. But it might be wider taking into acount the height of the sides!
I would be cautious using the 25.61 width as a basis for size. Not sure that the model makers do. If you compare the FM and the Bandai 1/144, the Bandai is much larger. So the best way would be to take measurements from the 1/144 Bandai and go from there to figure out the exact width of what this is going to be. JMHO

If I recall, this is just over 19". Anyone with cad drawings of the falcon could figure out the width.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

No need for CAD drawing, simple math will do ;)

One of the images says 482mm.
Taking this us the lenght, I get a fullsize lenght of 34,7 meter
Googling this length, results in a with if 25,6 meter ( taken from the first results ) anf that maths down to 355mm

No release date. Not to pre order through the P-Bandai site now.
But USA Gundam Site is offering a pre-order service. What if it will only be available on the P-Bandai sites and limited to 1 per customer?

Isn't the Japan model and hobby show in September or near that? With the 1/2 BB-8 & meow the 1/72 Falcon... hopefully the 1/1700 ISD is announced by then :D *Crosses Fingers* Really not too impressed with the Z and the Randy Cooper ISD is fantastic, but id rather have a plastic ISD not resin.

So just a quick question re the 1/144 Bandai Falcon for anyone who may have experience with third party PE parts. I'm looking at getting the vent grills from either green strawberry or Paragrafix, and trying to gauge if one is better than the other. Was it the GS ones that didn't fit precisely? Just looking for opinions of anyone who may have used a set. Cheers.

So just a quick question re the 1/144 Bandai Falcon for anyone who may have experience with third party PE parts. I'm looking at getting the vent grills from either green strawberry or Paragrafix, and trying to gauge if one is better than the other. Was it the GS ones that didn't fit precisely? Just looking for opinions of anyone who may have used a set. Cheers.
My green strawberry ones fit well. The only thin about them is that they are four layers thick. And since you need CA to glue them together, they take a bit of precision patience.

I ordered and received the Paragrafix and think, Green Strawberry may be the better looking choice because it has 4 Layers (1 seperate for the vertikal lines), the Pragrafix look a little bit "flat".

But i don't know about how the GS are fitting, compared to the Paragrafix.

Last edited:
I ordered and received the Paragrafix and think, Green Strawberry may be the better looking choise because it has 4 Layers (1 seperate for the vertikal lines), the Pragrafix look a little bit "flat".

But i don't know about how the GS are fitting, compared to the Paragrafix.

My green strawberry ones fit well. The only thin about them is that they are four layers thick. And since you need CA to glue them together, they take a bit of precision patience.

Thanks fellas. I was just asking as I remember someone posting an issue with the fitting of the GS ones being a bit loose maybe? Can't quite remember to be honest. I'm thinking I will go with the GS ones as they're a lot more affordable and if astroboy had no issues, I'm guessing they're fine. Just wondering, would you buy them again?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back