Bandai release schedule

Was it made in conjunction with the toy show, or was the timing coincidental?

The Toy show started Thursday morning in Japan at 10:00am local time, the same time the site was updated and the tweet was made. They also are showing the Falcon at that event, so definitely in conjunction with.

The Toy show started Thursday morning in Japan at 10:00am local time, the same time the site was updated and the tweet was made. They also are showing the Falcon at that event, so definitely in conjunction with.

Fair enough. I stand corrected. I guess speculation is part of the... fun. :lol:sick

Talking about the ANH vs ESB version.

The differences are not just the landing blocks, i was comparing The fine molds and the bandai, and noticed for example how richer are in detail the sides of the bandai's central nose, that huge piece in the middle of the mandibles, at first moment i thought it was lack of detail in the FM but then i watched the deagostini and it was almost identical to the FM and i think dA is a very accurated replica.

i think is fair to say that FM and Bandai are diferent models, (despite of the mistakes of FM), what maybe is a smart movement from bandai, whe have not had a ANH falcon since the poor detailed MPC, maybe that way they have more room to sell different versions but at the same time, those who have a deagostini or a FM maybe see a point in having the Bandai too.

The Fine Molds, which is based off the 32inch, central jaw box and mandibles are all wrong. The central jaw box is too thick and does not taper in towards the front. There is also no toe in to the mandibles to the FM. The Fine Molds and Deagostini are based off the same filming model, but that's where the comparison ends. The overall shape of the Deagostini is correct and the FM is not.

Why would bandai make molds for this only to release a limited number? I cant see them wasting the molds. This whole limited thing may be initially to see how it sells.Also they may want to drive the price up to start with incase they cant reclaim the R&D costs quickly or somthing like that,which they most certainly will. Many fan boys will pay through the nose to be the first to get thier hands on this amazing kit and bandai must know this to be true.

Another thing which crossed my mind is that bandai must of seen how much revell charges for thier finemolds kit and thought "Hey,ours is better,we can charge more" So Revell has ****ed it for the fans yet again by accident.

I want this so much but there is no way i can afford Nearly £360 delivered for one model kit.I will be truely gutted if i dont get this.I love the MF 5 footer almost certainly more than any other model.But i will resent the kit once its built and i have no other money for hobbies for months.DAMN THIS CRUEL WORLD!!!!!

I will just have to go back on the game and sell my butt (I SAID NEVER AGAIN :( )

The limitation iis maybe licence related - only disney and bandai knows the details.
like the limited edition for the zvezda star destroyer from revell - it was is a restriction from disney about the size of the release.

Has anyone considered that they didn't include the forward landing pads because of lack of reference of the underside of the Falcon as it sits now? Seriously, I've never seen a strait on shot of the underside of the 5ft with the pads. If that's the case, maybe in order to keep with the claim "Perfect Grade", they went with the original incarnation since they were unable to gather enough info regarding just how they are outlined along the bottom.

Just a thought for fun and speculation.

The Perfect Grade branding has more to do with marketing, the kit's size and, complexity than its accuracy to the source material. It's an extension from Bandai's line of Gundam kits, which are released as various "grades:" high grade, master grade, perfect grade, real grade, etc, all which define different scales, price ranges , and build complexities.

I pre-ordered from USA Gundamn and received an email that said...

"Hello Daniel,

I just wanted to take a second to thank you for your business, and your recent purchase from my store. We are a family run business and we wanted to thank you for your order with us. If you have any questions or if there is anything else I can help you with, please reach out to me without hesitation. Your order will ship shortly.

Thank you again."

Now, "Your order will ship shortly" could mean anything, and I doubt they have them in stock at the moment, so "shortly" might be a month or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a beautiful kit, although too big for me. My 1/144 (when I finally paint it!) will fulfil my Falcon fix! It's a shame it's limited as I'm sure that would sell loads.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back