Bandai release schedule

So I've gone over this, but kinda quickly. Is it official that it will be available in the U.S. through Gundam USA? Similar price to Japan? I can use my son, who lives in Japan, or get it here myself.
Thanks,
Mike Todd

I know I'm in the minority here, but I for one think the Falcon looks unbalanced without the forward landing pads. I know this is in its original iteration and it is truely beautiful, but I'm going to have to wait for an ESB version.

I am going to bank on Bandai, for completeness, will offer the TESB version with the extra landing gear down the road. I like that version best
Ditto. I have always loved the version with front gear boxes. I know the ANH ship looked like that, but the first movie I saw was ESB, and it looks so rear-end-heavy without the front boxes, while also having only one strut up front compared to 4 in the back. How does logic not suggest that the later version makes more sense? I'll get this, and still hope that Bandai later comes out with a later version that has the extra gear boxes. I'd even rip them off my FM kit if necessary to add. About the price, I see this as an oddity. So far, Bandai prices have been so close to comparable FM kits--almost exactly. So maybe the calls on the boards begging for this kit from Bandai, combined with the lighting, etc., made Bandai think this would work (and it will to some degree--shall we say a "limited" way). Anyway, if we get an ESB kit with no lighting or whatever to get it down to the FM price, I'm not sure how many I'll get. I got 3 FM kits with the problems (problems to me) with mandible, curvature, and several other issues. Might need an extra room addition.
Mike Todd

I would think 6 to 8 months down the road the price will decrease and avaliability will increase,maybe an empire version will show up too.

I got caught up in the hype for the 1/144 falcon and paid through the nose for it only to see the price drop about 20% two months later and that one was said to be a limited number initially. In time im sure we will all get a chance to build a 1/72 Bandai falcon,just the lucky few will get that pleasure sooner :(

Im at least looking forward to seeing what some of the guys here on the RPF do with it. Still an amazing time to be a modeller.

Ditto. I have always loved the version with front gear boxes. I know the ANH ship looked like that, but the first movie I saw was ESB, and it looks so rear-end-heavy without the front boxes, while also having only one strut up front compared to 4 in the back. How does logic not suggest that the later version makes more sense? I'll get this, and still hope that Bandai later comes out with a later version that has the extra gear boxes. I'd even rip them off my FM kit if necessary to add. About the price, I see this as an oddity. So far, Bandai prices have been so close to comparable FM kits--almost exactly. So maybe the calls on the boards begging for this kit from Bandai, combined with the lighting, etc., made Bandai think this would work (and it will to some degree--shall we say a "limited" way). Anyway, if we get an ESB kit with no lighting or whatever to get it down to the FM price, I'm not sure how many I'll get. I got 3 FM kits with the problems (problems to me) with mandible, curvature, and several other issues. Might need an extra room addition.
Mike Todd

I've found that there are some people who complain about the kit will be the ANH version in Japan. I think Mr.Takahashi(know as the author of SW Chronicles book) who worked on this project prefers the ANH vesion rather than the ESB version. I think he made Bandai to do this version because he thought it's more popular than the ESB version, but I'm skeptical about that.
For those who prefer the ESB version, simply modify it or wait until Bandai releases the ESB version, but what we have to remember is when they sell as "Premium Bandai" that would be the final version of their kits as far as I know. What am I trying to say? I'm just complaining.:(

No criticism of anyone who prefers the front gear box version of the Falcon (hey, you do you), I'm really thrilled Bandai is making the ANH version. This is the version Lucas, McQuarrie, Johnston, Peterson, and the other original ILMers set out to make and establish on screen. The additional boxes were added for TESB because the new full-size Falcon built in London required the additional support so it could be freestanding and moveable around the stage. It was a practical compromise to the design based on Earthly physics instead of a storytelling necessity (which isn't a criticism, really. Moviemaking requires all sorts of compromises and "cheats"). Personally, I think the design is sleeker and more powerful without the boxes. The boxes look clunky to me. Without them, we better see the curve of the hull, giving the ship a more boat-like hull on the bottom. It makes the hull an arrow pointed forward. To me, it's the best incarnation of the ship.
Rsnbf.jpg

Last edited:
No criticism of anyone who prefers the front gear box version of the Falcon (hey, you do you), I'm really thrilled Bandai is making the ANH version. This is the version Lucas, McQuarrie, Johnston, Peterson, and the other original ILMers set out to make and establish on screen. The additional boxes were added for TESB because the new full-size Falcon built in London required the additional support so it could be freestanding and moveable around the stage. It was a practical compromise to the design based on Earthly physics instead of a storytelling necessity (which isn't a criticism, really. Moviemaking requires all sorts of compromises and "cheats"). Personally, I think the design is sleeker and more powerful without the boxes. The boxes look clunky to me. Without them, we better see the curve of the hull, giving the ship a more boat-like hull on the bottom. It makes the hull an arrow pointed forward. To me, it's the best incarnation of the ship.
View attachment 733235
Soooo....gonna scrap the radar dish?

;)

Personally, I'm on the fence

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sorry, I was going to far. Each version look nice. I want the both version.There is no question that the Falcon kit is going to be the best kit and it will be difficult to release a better kit for the other companies. I think adding two boxes would not that difficult. 40,000 yen is reasonable price considering the effort they've made.

I too prefer the original ANH Falcon, it looks more streamlined, like all the power is in the back. I also like the underside detail and holes. Although i like the round radar dish, i always thought it looked like it would create drag (in atmosphere) or get shot off, i remember a concept showing it laying back flat which looks good side on. But then sticking up it does look good too.

I have the Smaller TFA Bandai Falcon too and i like the dish on that, im not building that one until i see the next two films thou as i want to put it on a small Diorama, atm im thinking Dusty Jakku with sheets blowing off it, but i will wait and see. Awesome ship design, i like all the variations and the fact that its a constantly changing ship as bits get blown off or upgraded is cool. Im sure Rey & Chewie will mod it a bit over time too, with the new X & A wings going back to a more concept look, who knows they might crash & knock the Falcons front boxes back off haha!

Imho the price is ok, if my maths is good then this ships 8 times the volume of the smaller one? has had more R&D done on it, comes with lighting and a big stand too! Its going to be a big box! Bandai have put a lot of work and love into this, i want them to be successful. And i want them to make a HUGE SD too! Can you imagine the R&D that goes into detailing this Falcon let alone a 94cm SD, its awesome! Bandai are SO COOL i hope this is the first of many BIG Bandai Star Wars Spaceships! And id love a BIG 1/48 AT-AT too! :D

Have we verified that the battle damage will already be complete?

As long as it's better than the deag damage

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Has anyone considered that they didn't include the forward landing pads because of lack of reference of the underside of the Falcon as it sits now? Seriously, I've never seen a strait on shot of the underside of the 5ft with the pads. If that's the case, maybe in order to keep with the claim "Perfect Grade", they went with the original incarnation since they were unable to gather enough info regarding just how they are outlined along the bottom.

Just a thought for fun and speculation.

Funny how Bandai chose to make this announcement on the symbolic date of May 31st. What's symbolic about it? NOT A DAMN THING. Sure, they could've made the announcement six days earlier, on May 25th, the 40th anniversary of ANH's release, but waiting a few more days to break the news on a random Wednesday makes so much more sense. :facepalm

This should finally drive the stake in the heart of any future "Maybe Bandai will announce their big star destroyer kit at the upcoming special anniversary toy fair expo fest-a-rama" wishful thinking posts. Bandai makes its own decisions on its own schedule. Any other speculation is futile.

Funny how Bandai chose to make this announcement on the symbolic date of May 31st. What's symbolic about it? NOT A DAMN THING. Sure, they could've made the announcement six days earlier, on May 25th, the 40th anniversary of ANH's release, but waiting a few more days to break the news on a random Wednesday makes so much more sense. :facepalm

This should finally drive the stake in the heart of any future "Maybe Bandai will announce their big star destroyer kit at the upcoming special anniversary toy fair expo fest-a-rama" wishful thinking posts. Bandai makes its own decisions on its own schedule. Any other speculation is futile.

Actually, the announcement was made on Thursday morning in Japan, the first day of the Toy show. So let the speculation continue!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back