Subscribe
    From
    Miamisburg, OH (near Dayton)
    1 Day Ago  Nov 22, 2017, 8:53 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4576

Why is anyone actually talking about G forces? We already know they can control gravity because they aren't floating around in their ships. If G forces were a problem, they would smash into the window when the ship decelerates and pops out of hyperspace! Yet people are wondering about atmosphere G forces?! I think it's obvious they have that covered. I remember in the X-Wing books they even talked about dialing down the artificial gravity (forget what they called it) so they could feel the maneuvers a little because it was hard to tell how you were moving if you had zero feedback.
    From
    Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
    1 Day Ago  Nov 22, 2017, 10:34 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4577

G W Zipper said: View Post
    Nope, trek is science fiction. SW his science fantasy.
    While even George Lucas admits that SW is fantasy, Star Trek treads the grey area between the genres. I don't want to get into a debate on this, since there are many sites out there that already have discussions about this. Let's agree to disagree.

Regarding unrealistic maneuvers...I'm sure if you took pilots from WW I and told them what future modern aircraft with their pilots can do, they wouldn't believe it either.

TazMan2000
    From
    Somewhere up by Canada, Minnesota
    1 Day Ago  Nov 23, 2017, 8:18 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4578

Sluis Van Shipyards said: View Post
    Why is anyone actually talking about G forces? We already know they can control gravity because they aren't floating around in their ships.
    Of course, there is an in-universe explanation for super high G maneuvering; all your arguments are correct. My issue is that the style of flight in the SW universe was originally conceived to be similar to what we knew. Aircraft performance differs throughout history, to be sure, but one thing that hasn't really changed is the pilot's ability to handle G. So, a P-51 from WW2 and a modern F-22 have very similar performance restraints in that case. When you see those two aircraft fly together, you can visibly see that.

Now, again, I understand a technology in-universe that can counter onset of G's. It would have been required for the hyperspace jumps all along. But that said, the first six movies obeyed physics that they probably otherwise wouldn't have had to, in order to give us something familiar to relate to. Now in TFA, they changed that. I don't see a reason for that change. The down side of the change is that the special effects of 1977 look more realistic than those forty years later.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
  4. Member Since
    Dec 2015
    1 Day Ago  Nov 23, 2017, 8:41 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4579

DanielB said: View Post
    Talking about science in Star Wars? This ain't Trek folks. Star Wars has never ever tried to have realistic physics/science. It's space fantasy.
    The Star Trek transporter and warp drives aren't based on anything that are likely to be developed. They are just ways to help tell the stories.

The universal translater is another far fetched idea. I could buy eventually being able to sort of translate a language after analysing the language, but it wouldn't start working on the first word spoken. Certainly not when the crew is trying to be incognito on an alien planet. No one seems to notice anything odd about the words being spoken or the physical movements of their mouths. Unless an incredibly small device can override what the aliens see and hear, I don't see how the crew wouldn't be obviously talking a different language.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
    From
    UK
    1 Day Ago  Nov 23, 2017, 8:41 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4580

Guys, this thread is big enough as it is just discussing relevant Bandai Release Schedule information - can you spin off general discussions on the physics of the SW universe to their own threads please....? Thanks!
    From
    Somewhere up by Canada, Minnesota
    1 Day Ago  Nov 23, 2017, 10:08 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4581

Antsnest said: View Post
    Guys, this thread is big enough as it is just discussing relevant Bandai Release Schedule information - can you spin off general discussions on the physics of the SW universe to their own threads please....? Thanks!
    Sorry, you're correct. New post thread up in community, entertainment, what makes a films special effects look fake

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    1 Day Ago  Nov 23, 2017, 10:17 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4582

Antsnest said: View Post

Although, you are absolutely correct, it's often the nature of never ending forum threads to derail between big news stories.

I used to post on a macross forum that was militant when it came to off topic subjects hijacking a thread. You could get banned for mentioning robotech. It completely sapped the fun nature out of the place. So there is definitely a fine line to tread.
  8. Member Since
    May 2016
    From
    Perth, Western Australia
    1 Day Ago  Nov 23, 2017, 10:44 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4583

@astroboy ,
    is that Macross forum on the RPF site and is it still going ?
    1 Day Ago  Nov 23, 2017, 11:06 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4584

gedmac66 said: View Post
    @astroboy ,
    is that Macross forum on the RPF site and is it still going ?
    I don't really know. I got out of macross when I started getting into models. BUt about 10 years ago, I liked to post on macrossworld. But like I said, they were way too serious. At one point I started a thread for people to show off their latest macross purchase that just came in the mail. You know, a simple neverending thread for folks to show off their new toy.

After about a month, the admins turned it into a thread for people to discuss shipping options/problems.

Seriously.
  10. Member Since
    Sep 2015
    1 Day Ago  Nov 23, 2017, 11:08 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4585

Hi,

has anyone tried to order single parts from Bandai? I'm thinking of asking them maybe to send me the different sidewall-part of the new TLJ-1/144 Falcon to use on my TFA-1/144 Falcon, are they so accommodating to customers, if you ask them? And what email-adress is the correct one for such a question?
    From
    Jamison, Pennsylvania
    1 Day Ago  Nov 23, 2017, 11:42 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4586

I believe Bandai has a "parts replacement" service where you can get individual sprues, but it is only available to Japan addresses
    http://bandai-hobby.net/en/customers/contact.html

BlueFin has a service, but that only applies to parts for things you got in the last 60 days that were distributed by them (need some kind of code on the box)
    http://www.bluefincorp.com/catalog/replace