Bandai release schedule

Because I have enough of a brain to know Bandai will release the TESB/ROTJ version in this scale, since it's the version most fans recognize, and will thus sell more than the 5-foot in 1/72. Now I know why I dumped this board for over a year.
I disagree. Considering the fact that the sequel trilogy is based on the 5 footer and we will be getting a Solo film next year, it seems like everything is focused on the 5 footer

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks for confirming that I knew the type I was dealing with here

Ridiculous for you to play victim since you started the tactless and abrasive comments to me asking if you had a source of knowledge rather than speculation...which turned out indeed to be baseless speculation. This is tomfoolery on your part.

I disagree. Considering the fact that the sequel trilogy is based on the 5 footer
The sequel trilogy has the MF w/gear boxes. WTF??

- - - Updated - - -

Ridiculous for you to play victim since you started the tactless and abrasive comments to me asking if you had a source of knowledge rather than speculation...which turned out indeed to be baseless speculation. This is tomfoolery on your part.
It started with a stupid question, and was dealt with as appropriate for the audience here (as you've confirmed as well). Yep, my old TheRPF bookmark has been PERMA-DUMPED.

A Perfect Grade Gundam was released as a web exclusive, so it's probably true for this 5-foot MF in 1/72; seen by Bandai as a passion project. The TESB/ROTJ MF in 1/72 will be the wide Bandai release.

PG kits are frequently released under P-Bandai. I'm more of the belief now from comments and winks of those in the know that this is an exclusive to Japan due to the size, but will be commonly available through Bluefin in the US.

While Bandai are known for their love of remolds, there's just too much curvature difference to re-release this 1/72 as the 3ft'er. And given also the TFA Falcon is based off the 5ft with the extra landing gear it won't take much to remold this as the TFA version with the changed mandible / docking port piping.

Looking at the pics, this is an improvement over the model Bandai displayed before. This looks like a very faithful reproduction of the 5 footer, even the smallest detail is there and looks correct.

Why would bandai make molds for this only to release a limited number? I cant see them wasting the molds. This whole limited thing may be initially to see how it sells.Also they may want to drive the price up to start with incase they cant reclaim the R&D costs quickly or somthing like that,which they most certainly will. Many fan boys will pay through the nose to be the first to get thier hands on this amazing kit and bandai must know this to be true.

Another thing which crossed my mind is that bandai must of seen how much revell charges for thier finemolds kit and thought "Hey,ours is better,we can charge more" So Revell has ****ed it for the fans yet again by accident.

I want this so much but there is no way i can afford Nearly £360 delivered for one model kit.I will be truely gutted if i dont get this.I love the MF 5 footer almost certainly more than any other model.But i will resent the kit once its built and i have no other money for hobbies for months.DAMN THIS CRUEL WORLD!!!!!

I will just have to go back on the game and sell my butt (I SAID NEVER AGAIN :( )

Thanks for confirming that I knew the type I was dealing with here—and dealt with the facts and not pleasantries. See y'all in a few more years, maybe. Have fun watching TFA on a loop.

You seem like a very jaded and whiney person :( The people on this forum dont have to be right in a thread thats going to be filled with some speculation. So lighten up you cry baby and maybe just stay away for good if you only wish to be negative in a place where people build art projects for a love of movies.

Wow....what a thing to wake up to this morning!!

I always dreamt to waking & my first sight was a supermodel!!!

I'm going to sell my kids for scientific experiments to get this

BUT.....just to remind you all......using the Bandai 1/144 you can get an idea of the size of the 1/72.....she is going to be larger than the MPC kit.....which was larger than the FM 72......

This is how much larger the Falcon's bun would be against the MPC:
E8F55EAA-6AFC-4968-BD1D-4FAEC9D7EAB6_zpszbvmwljd.jpg

...& the docking walkways:
EF669518-9B14-496C-BFF7-04985D42BF6C_zpsmgjohdsn.jpg

....she's gonna be huge

This will be my grail kit......once I get this.....I'll stop

J

So guys, I'm gonna try to do a favour here. I'm in Singapore, and it seems that we'll be getting the Falcon in stores.

I could try to get it, and ship to you guys. No promises, and not sure how many I can get my hands on.

So it will be retail price + shipping.

Interested, please PM me. First come first served. I will reply when I have confirmation of the kit for you. Please understand that even if you PMed me, you might not get a kit, so don't go ballistic on me.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely awesome news! I'm getting one for sure.

And guys, remember all the fuzz back then when we all squeezing our buds because we thought Bandai's kit won't be selling out side japan, no web shop dare to ship them overseas or eBay prices will be sky rocket? All worries for nothing, so I expect that this Falcon will be selling all over the globe too. The Force is strong with this one too

Wow....what a thing to wake up to this morning!!

I always dreamt to waking & my first sight was a supermodel!!!

I'm going to sell my kids for scientific experiments to get this

BUT.....just to remind you all......using the Bandai 1/144 you can get an idea of the size of the 1/72.....she is going to be larger than the MPC kit.....which was larger than the FM 72......

This is how much larger the Falcon's bun would be against the MPC:
http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums...A-6AFC-4968-BD1D-4FAEC9D7EAB6_zpszbvmwljd.jpg

...& the docking walkways:
http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums...8-9B14-496C-BFF7-04985D42BF6C_zpsmgjohdsn.jpg

....she's gonna be huge

This will be my grail kit......once I get this.....I'll stop

J

Balls.....my build is bang on 460mm. Almost no point carrying on with it now we know the Bandai kit exists and beats our wildest dreams :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back