Subscribe
    1 Week Ago  Oct 11, 2017, 6:46 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4376

If you take this....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tie_advanced_x1_09.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	765354and this... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tie_interceptor_00.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	765355
    ...and do that cross-eyed thing, you pretty much get a Bandai Silencer.
  2. Member Since
    Jan 2014
    1 Week Ago  Oct 11, 2017, 7:00 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4377

Zombie_61 said: View Post
    I'm not one of those modelers who likes to build multiples of the same kit, and since I have the Boba Fett version I really don't need or want the Jango version so building it myself probably won't happen. I'd have no real problem selling it, but I've done that with unwanted kits in the past and have always lost money on the deal after having to go out and buy the necessary packaging materials. Considering the going rate for the kit these days that probably wouldn't happen, but my history has made me a bit gun shy about selling kits.
    Selling is anyways a crap shoot. I just picked up one of Del's T-16 Skyhopper kits off of ebay for.... Wait for it..... $1! Seriously, $1.00!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    From
    Southern California
    1 Week Ago  Oct 11, 2017, 10:40 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4378

Hunk a Junk said: View Post
    One of the nice things about the Jango version is that there isn't as much weathering, so it lines up perfectly with your skill set. The paint scheme is also different enough that it makes the two versions look pretty cool sitting side by side. I don't know if you light your models, but adding some LEDs to the kit might make building the kit a worthy exercise and make it seem less like a multiple...
    I can't disagree about them looking good side by side, but...I don't know. I'm just not crazy about the Prequel Trilogy movies and/or anything in them. And no, no LEDs or other electronics for me. I've tried to learn how to do that a number of times over the years, but I just don't have an aptitude for it.

...If you sell it, you may lose some money over what you paid for it originally, but you'd lose less than just letting it sit on your shelf waiting for your kids to deal with it during the estate sale!
    We never had any children, so it would probably end up in a landfill somewhere.
    1 Week Ago  Oct 12, 2017, 8:03 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4379

but...I don't know. I'm just not crazy about the Prequel Trilogy movies and/or anything in them.
    We never had any children, so it would probably end up in a landfill somewhere.
    So, let me be your armchair therapist and say you need to get that box out of your home and out of your life! If you can't build it because it reminds you of the prequels, and it's going to end up in the landfill, I'll take it off your hands! I'll pay for shipping and handling! No, really!
    1 Week Ago  Oct 12, 2017, 9:09 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4380

I found it pretty accurate when building my slave I. Only needed some detailing on the wings. here's a link to the thread: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=233369
    From
    Southern California
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 12:04 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4381

So, let me be your armchair therapist and say you need to get that box out of your home and out of your life! If you can't build it because it reminds you of the prequels, and it's going to end up in the landfill, I'll take it off your hands! I'll pay for shipping and handling! No, really!
    Only shipping and handling? See? I'm already losing money on the deal.
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 12:09 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4382

Only shipping and handling? See? I'm already losing money on the deal.
    You said it was going to the landfill! You're losing money either way! By taking it off your hands, I'm saving you from having to look at a reminder of the prequels. You don't want to sell it but don't want to look at it. So, the way I figure it, I'm doing you a service by getting it out of sight and mind years (knock on wood) sooner!
    From
    Southern California
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 12:13 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4383

You said it was going to the landfill! You're losing money either way! By taking it off your hands, I'm saving you from having to look at a reminder of the prequels. You don't want to sell it but don't want to look at it. So, the way I figure it, I'm doing you a service by getting it out of sight and mind years (knock on wood) sooner!
    Yeah, but if it goes to a landfill after I'm dead, I won't care.
    1 Week Ago  Oct 13, 2017, 12:23 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4384

Yeah, but if it goes to a landfill after I'm dead, I won't care.
    Well sure, but it's the time until then I'm trying to save you from. I'm talking about decades of prequel free happiness!