Bandai release schedule

That's correct - the vehicle model series doesn't have any scale information on the box, but the Rogue One Red Squadron X-Wing two pack was listed as 1:72 + 1:144, and it's exactly the same T-65 X-Wing as the vehicle model series, so that's close enough to confirmation. They're perfectly in-scale with the 1:144 Falcon, Slave-1, and U-Wing.

Brian from HLJ posted this at Starship Modeler:

It was a great Shizuoka show this year! I haven't seen the numbers yet, but it seemed like waaay more people than last year. So busy I hardly had a chance to leave our booth. We also had a lot of our partners visiting this year (Takom, Meng, Kinetic/Skunkmodels Workshop, ModelCollect, Flyhawk, Kajika, Rye Field Models, Revosys, Wolfpack-Design, Pontos...anyone I forgot? Whew!), so we had a blast showing them the show and talking business. A great four days.

I did have time to visit the Bandai booth and give them the usual earful: Bigger ISD, B-Wing, 1/48 Y-Wing, Blockade Runner, bigger AT-AT, TIE Bomber, 1/72 Falcon...all the things we all want. All the while praising them for the great releases we've gotten so far.

I also had a chance to talk to Seiji Takahashi (Bandai SW consultant), and although he couldn't say anything specific, he did say to keep an eye out for a VERY big announcement at the Tokyo Toy Show in June.

http://www.toys.or.jp/toyshow/index_en.html

WHAT CAN IT BE?!?!?!

A big announcement... hmm that means all of us will be thinking it'll be the 1/72 Falcon [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They've been teasing a big announcement for a while now...

Falcon is a good tie-in for TFA and a Han Solo film. Since there are different versions (landing gear, dish, other) this is a perfect re-boxing opportunity of the different versions.

Marketing!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Brian from HLJ posted this at Starship Modeler: "he couldn't say anything specific, he did say to keep an eye out for a VERY big announcement at the Tokyo Toy Show in June."

This is, what, the dozenth time someone has hinted that there's going to be some big announcement right around the corner at some trade show or something? I'm not saying the information is wrong, but...
https://media.giphy.com/media/rsrbJYGHeF78Y/giphy.gif

This is, what, the dozenth time someone has hinted that there's going to be some big announcement right around the corner at some trade show or something? I'm not saying the information is wrong, but...
https://media.giphy.com/media/rsrbJYGHeF78Y/giphy.gif

I am beginning to feel like Charlie Brown and Bandai is Lucy holding the football.

My bet is on a 1/72 Falcon, as the 1/2 scale BB-8 that was displayed with it at last year's show, has already come to fruition.

Last edited:
I'm done speculating on what might be coming. Bandai has an announcement, on average, every 4-6 weeks. Usually it's something exciting. Even their most meh kits (IMHO Kylo Ren, Yoda) are at least well executed. We'll get maybe 2 more OT or PT kits announced this summer before the TLJ kits are announced in September. That's a given.

My guess.. Having Just had Rogue One's SD's and Probably more SD to come in Hans Film id say now would be good timing for a HUGE 1/1700 SD and 60-90cm Tantive IV. Then with AT-AT's back in TLJ we could see the OT 1/48 AT-AT. Then a 1/72 Falcon for Hans Film. Then BIG Medical Frigate :D

The Tokyo show could be showing a "prototype" Tantive IV. So its hard to get too excited for an actual production ready BIG model at this stage, but its all good news to my ears! And June isnt too far away! :thumbsup

I'm still holding out hope that it will be a bigger ISD!

Like I said before, it spans many movies (and generations) and would have the widest appeal of all the potential ships (excluding the Falcon)

I am one with the force and the force is with me!.....GO 1/2000 ISD!

Id be super happy with a 1/1700 94cm size Bandai Star Destroyer, thats close to the smaller studio scale SD. Imo the SD has so much beautiful detail, it really needs to be BIG to show it all off with clarity. And the fun to be had with fiberoptics and lighting, id take a long time building it just right, multiple lines of superneat tiny deck lights, not too bright. It would be a work of Art, a prized centerpiece to my collection, a dream come true, to be enjoyed for the rest of my life!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back