Bandai release schedule

BBTS (Big Bad Toy Store) has that kit up for pre-order and in the description it says a 3P0 head comes with the kit

I'd still need the 3PO body, which would be fun to paint in that bare steel look. I suppose the extra head could be attached to a tiny filament and dragged behind R2.

Sorry for the blurry pic, but this is the pose I was trying to replicate above, so it is a bit unnatural, but a prop photo pic.
https://i.imgur.com/ZLAKC3R.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2n7SCmd.jpg
I was off a bit, but not a lot. Camera angle would have made it a little closer.

That's Veers' lead walker piffing a Snowspeeder right before lining up for the shot on the generators. 0:54 in this clip:

Benefits of having your pick of the best armored-vehicle drivers in the Stormtrooper Corps. They can make those things dance. ;)

As for matters Falcon-y...

Why people is so obssesed with 1/72 falcon? Is not the FM/revell already there... i think the amount of detail it has is really amazing.

Would love to see bandai to do NEW things...
The FineMolds kit is great but Bandai's 1/144 version shows they can capture the SHAPE perfectly--it's beefier and the FineMolds kit is a little too flat. But I'm not holding my breath for a 1/72 Bandai kit...
that's what i mean... maybe is not perfect, but is really good enough, and if you want to make it perfect you just need to put some extra work on it.

However, there are ships / scales that never have been made by these model companies, and after many years doing sw kits... i wish someone has the courage to do them, and not repeating the same models over and over and over again.... but maybe i come from other generation.

Here's the thing. Bandai isn't going over old ground. There were two main filming miniatures used for the Falcon (generally called the five-footer and the 32-inch). Apart from different detailing which, yes, an obsessive hobbyist could perfect to one version or another with "some extra work", the main hull domes are completely and visibly different in curvature. All the model kits to date have gone with the shallow curvature of the 32-inch miniature. Many of us think the five-footer looks better, has more interior volume to hold the sets with enough room left over for essential systems (and, importantly, those smuggling compartments). Here's a lovely comparison of FineMolds' and Bandai's 1:144 Falcon kits. FM, like everyone previous, went with the 32-inch version. By doing their Falcon model based on the five-footer, Bandai's doing something no commercial model-maker has done before. Which is awesome, but we want it in 1:72 (at least). It takes much more than "some extra work" to completely redo the basic hull shape.

We also want accurate versions of previously-done kits, like the Imperial Shuttle, and ships/vehicles that have thus far not been addressed at all, but we also want some of these more iconic ships done to Bandai's standard in a large enough scale to have proper presence. I have a large and ever-growing collection of air- and spacecraft in 1:72, so I can maintain a universal constant of how they compare to each other with just a glance. Real-world aircraft, Star Trek shuttles and small craft, Macross Valkyries, a Babylon 5 Starfury and Thunderbolt, and so on and so on. So yeah, I want all my Star Wars spaceships to be in 1:72.

The best value a model has i because you built it and modified it to make it unique, like artisans do, that's the reason i like model kits, everyone can go to a store and buy an expensive toy or replica if he has the money, everyone can buy a model kit and build it straight out of the box... cmon, even some new kits don't need paint or glue, but your falcon is "your falcon" that and the fun you had building it is priceless.

This is a different matter. Most of the kits I mentioned just above are off the shelf kits. But I've added photoetch parts, custom decals, meticulously-researched paint jobs and details... Sometimes purchased two or more kits to chop up and make one superdetailed kit (where I don't have to worry about making exceedingly fine cuts to one kit), so I have panels open, or -- as I want to do with my eventual (hopefully) Falcon build -- I can put a full interior in that I can lift off one or another top hull section to show off. Even having a kit that's available to the masses doesn't necessarily mean one builds it like a novice.

There will always be people who build a model out of the box, don't paint it, don't want to fuss with glue or decals, who derive great satisfaction from having made a thing and will display it proudly, and many who see it will be impressed. Because it does take skill, even if most of us here have had so much practice at that sort of thing, we could practically do it while asleep. If you need to go further or do more to be satisfied, or to know it's not like anyone else's, go for it. There is no sin or shame in starting from a base that's done a lot of the work for you, except in the mind of the individual. It's what one does with that that matters.

Wanting to deprive someone of the opportunity, though... I have a lot of skills that I can't practice for lack of space, lack of tools, or lack of funds. So even though I know how to sculpt and mold and vacuform and work with fiberglass, I can't currently. I have no painting booth, so I can only paint in good weather. While I have access to a nice, high-powered, large-format SLS 3D printer, I can't just pop out to my workshop to print something. And since it costs me hundreds of dollars to make use of theirs, I have to be very choosy of what I want to actually do that way. So. Do I have to suffer because I'm not "good enough" or don't have the right tools to extensively modify and/or scratch-build? I've purchased a lot of things through vendors on here or eBay or from mass-market manufacturers that I technically could build from scratch, had I the resources. But if I wait until I do, I could potentially be waiting the rest of my life.

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
The best value a model has i because you built it and modified it to make it unique, like artisans do, that's the reason i like model kits, everyone can go to a store and buy an expensive toy or replica if he has the money, everyone can buy a model kit and build it straight out of the box... cmon, even some new kits don't need paint or glue, but your falcon is "your falcon" that and the fun you had building it is priceless.

Screw personal satisfaction! I want my Falcon to be the BEST and I thrive on the envy of others!

:devil

hmm, experience says... no matter how good you are in something, there will be someone better than you.

All depends of how you approach to models, i can say i'm not that kind of obssesive (i really don't think the average modelere is), i mean, it's a fictional world, even ships change their design /color through the diferent movies / scenes without an explanation, and when they are made as sets for actors they don't have anything to do with the scaled models, so if you are not making a replica, then the options are really wide, that's because i can understand a evolution from a pretty rough MPC falcon, to an amazing detailed FM, but not much else, i see more value in having a 1/48 Y wing i never had,,, than asking for a falcon when i have already an option.

that's my point of view but of course i don't want to dreprive anyone of the opportunity of having a better falcon or built a new one in the case they came recently to this hobby , the more people want it, the more companies will see a business on it and maybe some day i will have my y-wing

Last edited:
Sorry for the blurry pic, but this is the pose I was trying to replicate above, so it is a bit unnatural, but a prop photo pic.
https://i.imgur.com/ZLAKC3R.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2n7SCmd.jpg
I was off a bit, but not a lot. Camera angle would have made it a little closer.
Lynn
I've always wanted to get that pose, but none of the existing kits can pose like that unless you build your own armature. It's awesome that Bandai's has all that articulation available out of the box, and on a smaller kit compared to other previous ones

hmm, experience says... no matter how good you are in something, there will be someone better than you.

I live in 2017 America, man. All that matters is being the best, trash talking and dominating everyone around you, and never ever ever admitting a mistake because it's always someone else's fault. :wacko

I'm kidding, of course, especially about the Falcon. It doesn't matter what scale or who makes it as long as it's accurate and affordable.

I am one with the Bandai 1/1700 SD, the Bandai 1/1700 SD is with me.

It could just be Grievous, we havent actually "seen" him yet :D

I was right then :D It could be Google translate messing up though. Im super happy to see more of Grievous, he looks so cool. And Bandai are doing Surveys with 400 character limits on future releases, they want to know what we want to buy & build, which is great news!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6gzOcTNKwE

"You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, sir. Bravo!"

Pics from the show:

http://www.taghobby.com/archives/190309

Good to see there is yet another 1/1000 Yamato coming out. :facepalm

Like I always say, "you can never have too much Yamato!:lol

Dangit! seeing all those 12th scale clones and Battledroids,....I gotta take the survey again!

......wait for it!......

They NEED a 12th scale Republic Gunship to go with those figures!;)

I keep checking back here and other sites hoping to hear some big news....

If we don't get news of a 1/72 Falcon or a competitor to the Zvezda Star Destroyer, I'll be asking for the FM and Zvezda kits for Fathers Day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bandai just seem to say stuff when they feel like it. It's just as likely they'll announce something next month out of the blue! They could have easily left Grevious for the show, for example.

I keep checking back here and other sites hoping to hear some big news....

If we don't get news of a 1/72 Falcon or a competitor to the Zvezda Star Destroyer, I'll be asking for the FM and Zvezda kits for Fathers Day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yep, Bday in June. Looks like a happy Zvezda to me.

Sorry Bandai, you snooze you lose.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back