Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Aug 2016
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 8, 2017, 10:12 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4201

Side-question here - as much as I like the bases supplied with the models, I have so far managed to break 4 of the poseable peg parts that connect into the body (some while trying to take the ship off and re-pose and others as a result of shelf-dives - maybe it's just me!).

Has anyone tried any other type of stand with these that are equally poseable, but less prone to getting snapped?
    From
    California
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 8, 2017, 11:47 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4202

Somerset said: View Post
    Side-question here - as much as I like the bases supplied with the models, I have so far managed to break 4 of the poseable peg parts that connect into the body (some while trying to take the ship off and re-pose and others as a result of shelf-dives - maybe it's just me!).

Has anyone tried any other type of stand with these that are equally poseable, but less prone to getting snapped?
    Despite all the praises being sung to Bandai, their stands are giant pieces of crap! Unless you're planning on putting it on once and never removing the model it will break or fall apart.
    From
    UK
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 8, 2017, 12:14 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4203

Its something about their plastic formulation - it's significantly more brittle than "regular" styrene or ABS. Coupled with the fit being so darn tight...
    From
    Kansas City MO
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 8, 2017, 1:09 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4204

So far I have not used the bases that they come with. I prefer to display them on landing gear. I wish they would sell just the death star tiles and the clips that hold them together without the model, I'd definitely pick up a few.
  5. Member Since
    Aug 2016
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 8, 2017, 2:49 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4205

I find it frustrating that in trying to set up a trench run you have loads of gaps between the ships and no tiles to fill them.

Quite tempted to get one of these and try it: https://hlj.com/product/BANN07983

You can remove those claws and they have little pegs underneath. I have their regular Stage Act 4 stands for my Figuarts, and I've found that the peg is actually the perfect size to fit in the model holes (I guess Bandai must have a standard size hole across all their lines!).

It would suit my needs well for Darth Vader and his wingmen for one and then Reds 2, 3 and 5 on another. Only concern would be that there wouldn't be enough wingspan room between the X-wings, and that the TIE solar panels would get in the way. I guess using the extenders could work though.
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 9, 2017, 10:14 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4206

Somerset said: View Post
    I find it frustrating that in trying to set up a trench run you have loads of gaps between the ships and no tiles to fill them.

Quite tempted to get one of these and try it: https://hlj.com/product/BANN07983

You can remove those claws and they have little pegs underneath. I have their regular Stage Act 4 stands for my Figuarts, and I've found that the peg is actually the perfect size to fit in the model holes (I guess Bandai must have a standard size hole across all their lines!).

It would suit my needs well for Darth Vader and his wingmen for one and then Reds 2, 3 and 5 on another. Only concern would be that there wouldn't be enough wingspan room between the X-wings, and that the TIE solar panels would get in the way. I guess using the extenders could work though.
    https://flightpose.com

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    2 Weeks Ago  Aug 9, 2017, 10:33 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4207

You can knock up a custom stand from styrene and piano wire abit like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20170802_17_27_10_Pro.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	750547
    1 Week Ago  Aug 10, 2017, 1:29 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4208

I sometimes use a mini phono plug setup- the male part in in a tube on the base and the female part is hidden in greebly in the underside of the model. It no tonly holds well but you can also use it to send power for lighting...
    From
    Miamisburg, OH (near Dayton)
    1 Week Ago  Aug 10, 2017, 7:14 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4209

I'll have to look through my old Finescale Modeler magazines tomorrow because I think I kept one that shows how to make a custom stand.
    1 Week Ago  Aug 11, 2017, 6:40 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4210

Mini A-wings have been released. Snap build:

http://schizophonic9.blog103.fc2.com...ntry-3181.html

Hat tip to chiangkaishecky as almost always.
    From
    San Francisco
    1 Week Ago  Aug 11, 2017, 11:47 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4211

Looks like it's probably extremely close in size to the F-Toys 1:144th scale A-Wing.
  12. Member Since
    May 2014
    1 Week Ago  Aug 12, 2017, 1:20 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #4212

If you have plenty of Bandai stands, why not get some silicon and make some molds? Then you can have as many as you need for a diorama.