Bandai release schedule

This may be true, but the fact remains that the change was "global" and the whole Bandai production was changed. It does not matter where in the world you buy the kit now , including Japan: if it is from a recent production batch, it will include flat figures.

I never said it was or wasnt global.
Im just pointing out the differences between the X-wing double that i bought from Japan and the one I got in the US and the odd decision to change R2 even though hes actually part of the vehicle build itself.

Hey guys and gals, I've finished building the Bandai AT-AT and thought I'd give you this comparison pic between the smaller Bandai, and the larger AMT/ertl kit. The larger one has been heavily modified, but you can get a sense of the scale. The Bandai one is still a decent size. 20170429_185802.jpg20170429_185758.jpg

Hey guys and gals, I've finished building the Bandai AT-AT and thought I'd give you this comparison pic between the smaller Bandai, and the larger AMT/ertl kit. The larger one has been heavily modified, but you can get a sense of the scale. The Bandai one is still a decent size.View attachment 725228View attachment 725227

Hmmm, now that's really small.... I didn't expect it to be smaller then the tiny Ertl walker.

Cheers,
Steve

Are the mini Snow Speeder / AT ST combo kits discontinued?

I noticed they are no longer available on Amazon and the few that are available n Ebay are going for 3 times the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed they are no longer available on Amazon and the few that are available n Ebay are going for 3 times the price.

I wouldn't think so, they just came out a week or so ago. I just got my shipping notice from Hobby Japan last week.
Lynn

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm, now that's really small.... I didn't expect it to be smaller then the tiny Ertl walker.

Cheers,
Steve

People have been saying these are only 6" tall for a while now, They are perfect size for a diorama tough!! The size don't bother me, I'd take these over the AMT ones any day of the week just for the detail and looks alone.
Lynn

I was just on eBay and there are still 5 listed in the $6-$10 range including Hobby Japan's. There is a bunch in the $10-$15 also just like before.
Lynn

Yeah, just had a look on eBay and there are numerous listings at regular prices, (for those outside Japan).

I looked last night there were none on Amazon, only 1 going for $16 on eBay.

Then I did a Google shopping search and I found a few on ebay going for $6.
Maybe theres something wrong with my Ebay app.

I looked last night there were none on Amazon, only 1 going for $16 on eBay.

Then I did a Google shopping search and I found a few on ebay going for $6.
Maybe theres something wrong with my Ebay app.

It's weird as I've had eBay searches acting a bit strangely on the app from time to time too. Not always, but I have noticed it omits results on the odd occasion.

So, if the Bandai static model figures seem to interfere with one of Hasbro's licenses, what Hasbro product should we be looking for to supplement? And does anyone know of some 1/144 figs that would look close to troopers?

So, if the Bandai static model figures seem to interfere with one of Hasbro's licenses, what Hasbro product should we be looking for to supplement? And does anyone know of some 1/144 figs that would look close to troopers?
Currently Micromachines figures are the closest to 1/72 from Hasbro (they tend to hover in the 1/80 to 1/87 range). But they are not very detailed and are that rubbery plastic and often crudely painted. They work in a pinch, especially with much of the Fine Molds stuff since it tends to be undersized for 1/72 anyway.

As for 1/144, nothing that I know of apart from the old MPC/AMT/ERTL Rebel Base kit and Battle of Hoth kit. The figures in both kits are pretty spot on for 1/144. The scales of vehicles in the kit on the other hand are all over the place and are all smaller than 1/144.

MPC%208735%20RebelbaseSlexc.JPG

1184565.jpg

You get lots of Rebel troops in Hoth outfits and a bunch of snowtroopers (all though don't look too closely at the snowtroopers under magnification) plus some other odds and ends like Vader, R2 and 3-po ETC...

and for some reason a bunch of Y-wings in the Rebel Base?

I have both kits. I plan on picking up the Bandai 1/144 AT-AT, Snowspeeder, AT-ST, X-Wing and Falcon and ditching pretty much everything but the figures and some of the turrets and other machinery and doing my own diorama

Last edited:
Going back briefly to Bandai's announcement of General Grievous last week. Since the kit is so far along in production that we've seen shots of sprues, why couldn't Bandai have made the announcement at Celebration Orlando one week earlier? Not that it matters, really, but Bandai is so weirdly inconsistent about how they announce their products. They'll make awesome insane dioramas of space battles, giant not-for-production star destroyers, and fully-motorized AT-ATs, but they can't take advantage of the biggest Star Wars convention on the planet to show off a kit they're going to announce in a week's time anyway? I mean, they're clearly crazy geniuses, but sometimes they seem just plain crazy.

I wouldn't think so, they just came out a week or so ago. I just got my shipping notice from Hobby Japan last week.
Lynn

- - - Updated - - -

People have been saying these are only 6" tall for a while now, They are perfect size for a diorama tough!! The size don't bother me, I'd take these over the AMT ones any day of the week just for the detail and looks alone.
Lynn

Lynn, I don't doubt the quality. I actually think it looks like the best representation out there, fully animated and all! I just had hoped it would be at least the same size as the old Amt model which I remembered as very small even back in the early 90's when i built mine.

Cheers,
Steve

Going back briefly to Bandai's announcement of General Grievous last week. Since the kit is so far along in production that we've seen shots of sprues, why couldn't Bandai have made the announcement at Celebration Orlando one week earlier? Not that it matters, really, but Bandai is so weirdly inconsistent about how they announce their products. They'll make awesome insane dioramas of space battles, giant not-for-production star destroyers, and fully-motorized AT-ATs, but they can't take advantage of the biggest Star Wars convention on the planet to show off a kit they're going to announce in a week's time anyway? I mean, they're clearly crazy geniuses, but sometimes they seem just plain crazy.

Is the Grievous kit going to be available in the US,....if it's Asia only, maybe that's why they didn't use Celebration as a springboard for it

J
I haven't heard of any announcements that they have a license for the non-Asian markets regarding their figure kits.

If they switched to silhouettes to avoid issues with figure license, then I doubt they would take a risk showing off figures kits outside their licensed market right under Disney's nose.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back