Bandai release schedule

I don't like how the speeder guy has big gaps in his shoulders/arm area front on when he is sitting on bike.... Anyone else notice the huge gaps?
have a look at front shots Also really wish the Y was in 1/48
other than that they both look good

Last edited:
I don't like how the speeder guy has big gaps in his shoulders/arm area front on when he is sitting on bike.... Anyone else notice the huge gaps?
have a look at front shots Also really wish the why was in 1/48
other than that they both look good

The great thing about these figures is their pose-ability,....when you have perfected the position you want for the figure remove the armour and add CA to the joints to lock that position....you can then fill out the joint with putty,....paint with black,....& replace the armour,....no probs

I'm very happy with the choice of 1/72 for the Y Wing,....I wouldn't have the space for 1/48,.....the Hasbro Hero Falcon has taken up most of my available space

J

Fine molds did a 1/72 so was just hoping for different scale . 1/48 is nicer for figures
Speeder guy pistol reminds me of a spud gun I had when I was a kid

Last edited:
I can't wait until Bandai gets around to doing subjects that haven't been done before or done that well. Blockade Runner, B-wing, TIE bomber, Cloud Car, Medical Frigate, Queen's starship (the chrome on C-3PO looks great, why not?), Republic gunship (with troopers in the ball turrets), articulated vulture droids, Boba and Jango Fett (figures). And, of course, the falcon -- but if they do an accurate representation of the 5-footer I'm going to cry because I just spent months and months fixing the FM kit's proportions.

Fine molds did a 1/72 so was just hoping for different scale . 1/48 is nicer for figures
Speeder guy pistol reminds me of a spud gun I had when I was a kid

I second that motion; the Y-Wing has been done in smaller scales until now (discounting the rarefied releases in resin...) Size-wise, it isn't that much bigger than an X-Wing, less in the vertical dimension... sigh, another 1/72 scale kit I'll have to purchase as a reference for my 1/48 scale scratchbuilt version...
R/ Robert "the disappointed once again"

Thought I'd post this here for your amusement as well:

I wonder how much Bandai would charge for the 1/1 scale Stormtrooper:

2716.jpg

Imagine the shipping cost from Japan!

From the International Tokyo Toy Show 2015:

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=256875

Might want to check out this page as well:

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=254556

Last edited:
You know what they say about Stormtroopers with big feet? <nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more>

Ok, heres some fun images of the Speeder Bike & Rider,.......& as Gans pointed out earlier the joints of the figure are a bit toylike,....BUT that shouldn't stop guys like us

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=257606

640x480xCIMG5584.jpg

Remember this is the kit OOB,.....we already know how cool this kit looks like painted

J

As awesome as these things are, WHY do they insist on doing different colours instead of decals for certain areas?
Are the yellow and gray stripes on the Y colored plastic or decals/stickers? Both would seem like really awkward parts. I was assuming, while unpainted, the kit pictured had decals/stickers attached. That being said, this practice of doing colored plastic for markings is why many feel these are over-engineered. It's also kind of awkward to use colored plastic where it's feasible and then use decals where it's not (e.g. the 72nd X-wing that requires decals for the wing markings but colored plastic on the fuse). Luckily, the kits aren't ridiculously expensive, so you don't feel like you're paying a lot for stuff you don't want. Also, luckily, the parts go together so dang tightly that it's very hard to really notice the over-engineering when it's built. (I only have the 72nd X and the 48th SS kits, and I've only partially built the X, and I can't really tell except that I know how it goes together.)

BTW, I'm gonna sound pretty stupid here, but I only remember seeing a few vague references about this question--and these references suggest everyone but me already knows this. But are the Bandai kits officially snap kits? I haven't used any glue on the X I've been building, but I was just messing around with test-fitting and kinda kept going, and it just stuck together, but there are a few parts that have fallen off or just didn't seem to stick, so I don't know. Usually, I would use glue regardless, but I'm curious about this.
Mike Todd

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back