Bandai release schedule

So is the Bandai Snow speeder supposed to be better the the Fine Molds one ?
I thought Fine Molds were the best are any of the Bandai kits any better?
Dont really need to double up on the same models as Fine Molds have done unless they are better.

Last edited:
So is the Bandai Snow speeder supposed to be better the the Fine Molds one ?
I thought Fine Molds were the best are any of the Bandai kits any better?
Dont really need to double up on the same models as Fine Molds have done unless they are better.
I have both Bandai x wings and the fine molds x wing and I think the Bandai is better for two reasons. First off, the shape is bang on perfect. It looks good
Secondly, it's super fun to put together. It's more like putting together a puzzle rather than a model.

Now the downside is that perhaps, the panel lines are too deep. After paint, it's not so bad.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

The detail on the Bandai kits is much more "detailed" than the fine molds kits. They also come with really well designed stands, as opposed to the usual bland offerings presented with kits. I've got an x-wing and Vader's tie so far. Both are great little kits. Can't wait to get the y-wing. If and when they do release a star destroyer and a falcon, I'll be adding those to my collection as well!

That slave one looks a bit big for 1/144, doesn't it?

That was my first impression,...maybe they know something different than FM does,....like the size of their TIE Fighters & DV TIE,...Bandai's were a good bit bigger than Fine Molds,....& after the research was done it was discovered that FM scale was off

Slave%201_zpsrkpcl2lh.jpg

J

Last edited:
Total aside but I always understood that star wars avoided having glass (and especially rounded glass) on their filming models because of glare.

How did they get away with it for slave-1?

Or did they add the glass for the tours?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Tinted glass...? Unlike the smaller models with framed windows, the Slave I had essentially a bubble canopy of complex curvature which lessened the risk of incorrect reflections.

R/ Robert

IIRC the glass on the Slave-1 studio model could be removed as needed and they had an opaque canopy in addition to a clear one that could be swapped out. That way scenes could be filmed without the canopy or filmed with an opaque black one or a clear one

I'm pretty sure in the scene where Slave-1 lifts off from could city, the canopy glass has actually been removed (at least that how it looks)

what the HELL that detail is insane??? I still have one last Revell Y-wing conversion going on.....if I had more money, i'd give up on it and buy one of these beauties

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back