Bandai release schedule

C'mon HaJ,....you gotta admit and appreciate that Bandai are doing something remarkable bringing out a kit of this quality & accuracy

....not to mention the price also

I'm in my element

Bring on the Falcon

J

Great looking Y-Wing but really small. Kind of disappointing really. A 1:32 scale would be fantastic or perhaps a 1:48? But the 1:72 is too small for those ships. Mobious did it right with the Raider... Why can't we get the same scale with the Bandai SW??

Last edited:
Back when FM started SW kits, someone who lives in Tokyo pointed out that most Japanese homes are smaller so FM was catering to that. That's why they did mostly 1/72 scale. Not sure how true that is, but that's one opinion.

Is it really that much bigger that Bandai is saying 'Oh! Too big to make...' yeah, right. Disappointed, am I. Back to the scratchin' board...
R/ Robert

This is the company which makes a plethora of suitcase-sized Gundam kits. They just need to see there's a market. How about 1/32, or even SS? Why the heck not?

There's some rumblings at Starship Modeler that Bandai may start blocking exports of these kits outside Japan...

That'd be Disney, not Bandai. It's great Scott thinks it won't affect him if it happens, but I wouldn't bank on it; Disney could probably find ways to pressure Bandai into not supplying him. He could always buy retail but we'll pay through the nose if he has to do that.

Don't forget Disney *does have form* on this: Zvezda thought they had the rights to ship their licensed Black Pearl kit anywhere, only to find out Disney disagreed. Irritatingly they had to stop production for a while while they changed the kit to represent a 'generic' pirate ship for markets outside Russia.

For a model licensee Bandai is comparatively huge; it's got publishing, animation and all sorts of multi-media interests, with gross profit in the low billions. Not in the same ball park as Zvezda at all. I'm sure they still wouldn't want to PO the Mouse but cross your fingers, maybe that works both ways for once.

I know we're still in the speculation phase, but if this falcon ever becomes a reality....I would love for all the piping to come separate. I couldn't stand the system that fine molds had for their piping

14 Models released (or soon to be) in about a year since the announcement of the licensing agreement. Pretty damn good, IMO.
I'm sure good things are coming in the future months and am eagerly waiting for the next announcement of a new kit. I know members here are wishing for ships that haven't been adequately released or released in a standard or larger scale. With the advent of Episode VII, I'm sure some of their releases will have to be of ships from that movie but I don't think they will release those kits until at least a few months after, maybe even a year after, until they see what demand is for them. So, IMO that leaves at least about a year of releases from the previous episodes. I know, I know...total speculation, but like everyone, I'm hoping for BIGGER and better things.

Anybody want to speculate on their next release after the Slave 1? I'm thinking a 1/72 B-Wing.

TazMan2000

Anybody want to speculate on their next release after the Slave 1? I'm thinking a 1/72 B-Wing.
TazMan2000

What I'm fearing is that the 1/144 Slave 1 is not an indication that the (If ever they do the) Falcon would be of the same scale.
But my next bet (hopefully) is the AT-AT to match the recently released Snowspeeder. Then the TIE Interceptor to complete the TIE family.
3rd is the Shuttle Tyderium, 4th the A-Wing and last is the B-Wing. Hey, that's only 6 kits. Surely Bandai can handle that for there next batch.

If you go by what AMT/MPC/ERTL released in the day, Bandai have released everything they had,....so what you've suggested JA sounds reasonable

A Star Destroyer of some scale must be on the cards

J

Well I wish they would just tell us what's in the pipeline or being developed.
I really don't want to buy a garage kit made out of resin for hundreds of dollars only to find out it's coming soon for a quarter of the cost and twice the accuracy.
Don't get me wrong, I love and respect the community but I really don't want buyers remorse.

Last edited:
Oh look it's Slave 1

1545801_10207100545931349_1209341896842483157_n.jpg

J

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back