Bandai release schedule

Ive always planned on some models going into a trench run Dio in the future as imo a DS Tile multipack was planned by Bandai from the start, the bases are made to lock into others. And i definatley need more as im using some of mine in a display base for building a custom single seater Lambo/Ducati/Stealth X-Wing using the motor from the 1/48 to power the wings.

1.JPG
2.JPG

DS Tiles under huge Star Destroyers look cool too, these highly detailed bases are works of Art in themselves.

Yes a ground crew / droids / tug vehicle set would be awesome! Bandai really have got so much they can do with Star Wars Model Kits its a whole Galaxy to explore and theres lots more films to come!

Last edited:
That is insane! It's a great time Star Wars modelers. I actually like the scale of the AT-AT, the Revell one is just too big for me. I'm sure my wife objects to another display cabinet...

Last edited:
According to Bandai's blog, the AT-AT is 16cm tall. It's not that small in my opinion. Can anyone tell me how tall the MPC AT-AT is?

I guess this confirms that Bandai molded the foot as one solid piece. That's disappointing. I must be the only one who either notices or cares about this detail -- which is strange given that modelers get hyper obsessive about incorrect details on the Falcon or virtually every other Star Wars vehicle.

It won't stop me from buying it, but this will be the first major modification I'll be doing on a Bandai Star Wars kit.

The 2 Yoda's look great and the lighting really shows off the head shapes, lots of fun to be had with them. Im definately doing Reys house with a small AT-AT and Rey/BB-8 Figs from the Falcon kit. 1/2 BB-8 looks awesome with his arms and openings, the blue flame & blue lightning effects coming out of the arms looks really good, i wonder if he has the little Luke Skywalker Map Chip in him too, he probably does.

Thank you Bandai your really helping my Star Wars dreams come true, these kits are so cool :thumbsup

The Bandai 1/144 AT-AT kit doesn't include any Snowspeeder, BUT... the official size of Snowspeeders is 5.3 meters, so in 1/144 scale means 3,7cm. The two Snowspeeders included in the old AMT 1/100 AT-AT kit are 3,6cm long, so they are a nearly perfect match for the AT-AT Bandai.

Can you explain what you mean by one piece please? To me it looks like the toes and base of the foot are seperate from the top.

The AT-AT foot (not the toes or the half-circle arc piece) is made of a smaller drum stacked on top of a larger drum. On the ILM models, the drums are two separate pieces, with the smaller top drum compressing into the lower drum with each step -- like a shock absorber. The old AMT AT-AT model molded the two drums as one piece, and every model since then has gotten this detail wrong. The Cross section book even gets it wrong. But watch the movie, especially when the walker stomps on Luke's snowspeeder. The two drums clearly compress.
footstep.jpg
1662_src_atat_wip_legft_final.jpg
f3175de6258298f7a977aaffffbc21c1.jpg

The two Snowspeeders included in the old AMT 1/100 AT-AT kit are 3,6cm long, so they are a nearly perfect match for the AT-AT Bandai.

But they're pretty bleh detail-wise. I'm sure someone on Shapeways will have some more accurate ones available relatively soon.

EDIT: I will say this, though. You seemed to modify yours because that looks better than I remember them.

But they're pretty bleh detail-wise. I'm sure someone on Shapeways will have some more accurate ones available relatively soon.

EDIT: I will say this, though. You seemed to modify yours because that looks better than I remember them.

No, it's not really modified, it's only a little bit cleaned (the mold was awful) and primed. But for the size it's good enough for me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back