Bandai release schedule

Not impressed with the AT-ST at all. I was just doing the weathering with Tamiya panel line paint and the joints that go from the body to the legs have just cracked and fell apart in front of my eyes and glue will not fix it together.I have spent hours painting and putting together.
I have had no problems with 2 Tie Fighters, a Tie advanced and an X-Wing, as well as R2 and R5 and a Stormtrooper. These were not the soft PVC parts of the kit either. They were hard parts.
I cannot explain it at all. At a loss for words.

@Shadowlove; That's too bad! I hope you can fix it though!

I have heard of others (one on Britmodeller) that have had similar experiences once they applied a wash. in his case it was the grenade launcher thingy that split.
He said that the seams appear to be so tight that when the washes are applied they split and recommends making the attachment holes a little bigger to avoid this, which I think I better do!

Again, good luck, I hope you can fix it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my 1/48 x wing.

You know what gets old? The novelty over all those little bits for the hull. Man I hate cutting pieces off of sprues

I have to admit these are nice looking kits, bur you are right the tiny little parts are a pain. I just got the 1/48 X-Wing and it seems a bit small for such a premium price. But that's my opinion only. Once it's built, I'll decide if these Bandai kits are worth it to me.

For me the price was ok when I saw the engineering and ease of assembly with that power/light/sound box.
Darn that's a sweet way to make the wings move on a model :D

I have to admit these are nice looking kits, bur you are right the tiny little parts are a pain. I just got the 1/48 X-Wing and it seems a bit small for such a premium price. But that's my opinion only. Once it's built, I'll decide if these Bandai kits are worth it to me.
I'm pretty sure that we'd all prefer a cheaper price and no whiz-bang tech on this one

I got the AT-ST in the mail today. I love the kit, it's beautiful, but I hate how small it is. Part of that is my giant food gathering appendages...

Is there an English translation of the instruction sheet around anywhere?

Thanks!

I had to look and look for that screw too, It was seperately bagged inside one of the other Sprue bags but I can't remember which one : (

Images of the Y-Wing on HLJ

ban996694_0_1431566974.jpg

ban996694_1_1431566973.jpg

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN996694

At the Japanese model show bandai have on display the Speederbike, Snowspeeder, Sandtrooper the Y-Wing,....that huge motorised AT-AT,....a 1/12 DV TIE......

HS0081.jpg

HS0082.jpg

hs0055.jpg

hs0058.jpg

HS0083.jpg

HS0084.jpg

hs0057.jpg

The Y-Wing & SpeederBike are breathtaking,.....cant wait

.....still no news of a Falcon

J

That Y-wing looks superb! I wonder if it's bigger than the Revell and the Finemolds kits? It sure looks like it but it's hard to tell. Interesting that they chose to base it off the 'Tiger Sprocket' Y-wing.....same as Finemolds and Revell....

DAYUM those look great! can't wait to get my hands on a Snowspeeder, speeder bike, y wing, another x wing,at-st, TAKE ALL MY MONEY!!!!!

Thanks for posting pics Jaitea.
It's difficult to tell, but on the Y-Wing I do see a bit of improvement over the FM. Notably the ion cannons and the exhaust cans.
What really is interesting is that base for the Y. Does this make it the complete collection, if someone wants to make castings of all the bases and make their own Death Star surfaces?

TazMan2000

What is it with the Y-Wing and 1/72 scale kits, anyway? You'd think they'd want to issue the X-Wing & Y-Wing kits in matching scales (well, I suppose there is a X-Wing in '72nd...). Is it really that much bigger that Bandai is saying 'Oh! Too big to make...' yeah, right. Disappointed, am I. Back to the scratchin' board...
R/ Robert

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back