What is with BOLTING toys to packaging!?!?

It's that time of year again, time for my favorite thread - why, why, why, do I need an engineering degree and a blowtorch to open some of these kid's toys. I mean, come on...

Because people steal. So to combat the thievery, they make it as hard as possible to make a quick theft of the product.

David.

Also, display packaging. Back when things like GI Joe didn't display the toy, it was safe in a bunch of loose baggies in a sealed box...but you had to put it together. Now it's displayed, but to keep it safe and secure, it's chained up tighter than the hooker in my basement...er, scratch that. Anyway, I'd gladly just assemble the stupid toy, personally!

I hate it when it's bolted! Or when they are zip tied to the box but the zip tie is so tight you can't cut it without scratching the toy!

I hate the one that requires the @#$@%& specialized screw driver...Do they really expect people to keep screwdrivers sized for watch repair laying around the house?

I hate the one that requires the @#$@%& specialized screw driver...Do they really expect people to keep screwdrivers sized for watch repair laying around the house?

You're a prop builder so yes you should have tiny screwdrivers. :facepalm
If not, hand in your prop builders card.

Also, display packaging.

In my day, wayyyyy back in the 60s the toy companies had display packaging, and the toys were held in place by rubber bands or twist ties. Sometimes there wasn't even any cellophane covering the front of the box. Times change, people change.

David.

In my day, wayyyyy back in the 60s the toy companies had display packaging, and the toys were held in place by rubber bands or twist ties. Sometimes there wasn't even any cellophane covering the front of the box. Times change, people change.

David.

This still happens for as far as I know...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back