Knobs on Chewies Bowcaster and other found parts??

Andymac84

Sr Member
Hey hey. Which found knobs were used on Chewies Bowcaster and what other found parts went into that built?? I couldn't find a complete list, yet.

Let's see... There's a Kodak 35 camera knob in there, a Zorki knob and dial, a bunch of Imperial discs plus other discs from Michell turntable parts, a 'Witch's hat' knob, some smaller amplifier knobs, a large Philmore knob.

The sling is from a British gas mask bag similar to Indy's sachel, the Model 7 and Singlepoint scopes obviously, the rubber balls, two thicknesses of coiled cable...

About the only parts undiscovered are the front barrel supports (two pieces), front sight and scope side rails.

- - - Updated - - -

anhbow1-1.jpg

Wow, that's a lot of parts. Thank you for clearing that out. I currently take a closer look to this specific prop. Is your version from ANH? Great work as always kurty:thumbsup

Yes, mine is 100% ANH! The only part I am not happy with is the front barrel support bracket as I made mine from 1mm aluminium but it should be about 3mm thick (too difficult for me to fold).

The whole thing looks very tempting for me to built. It's something outstanding and great looking. Have to check the parts if I can gather some. Do you have some spare parts?

That's a great list. Hoping to star working on mine. Have scopes and the wrong rings. Thanks for posting pics and names...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back