Star Wars Jedi Lightsaber

MKretschmer

I made this custom designed lightsaber prop for a Star Wars fan film that was set in the time of the Old Republic. The master was made of wood, mdf, and pvc, from which a silicone rubber mold was made. The castings were cold cast with aluminum powder and the faux wooden handles were cast with pecan flour filler. The emitter has a 3/4" diameter hole in it with an embedded tee nut to accept the florescent colored wooden blade used for filming. A full gallery and construction write up is on my website at http://www.kretschmerkreativ.com/jedi-lightsaber. Enjoy!

Jedi Lightsaber 18.jpg

This is a pretty good build. Kind of simplistic yet unique. It reminds me of a sonic screwdriver actually! I like the wood effect. It looks comfortable to handle and duel with too. Ever think about putting in any electronics?

Thank you. The goal was to have a simple yet sophisticated design fitting for the Old Republic times. I don't think this one will ever have electronics in it since it's just for film use.

Some great skills ... very curious to see the final use on screen :)

Chaim

Thank you! The short film it was featured in was made 2 years ago. Here's a link to it. It was the first film made by Crestfire Studios. I happened to get to play the Jedi who dual wielded two of these sabers. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back