1/6 Scale Spinner Model

Doppelganger01

Sr Member
Last edited:
Thank you all for you kind remarks. I sincerely appreciate it. I look forward to getting started on the model in the new year.

In the meantime, though, here's another "what could have been", in a multiverse world.

Bay City P. D. Detective Squad Special Unit Spinner

Nice work! Is this render straight out of Rhino, or did you use a separate render program?

Nice work! Is this render straight out of Rhino, or did you use a separate render program?

Thank you. I modeled it with Rhino 5, but I used Flamingo 3 plug-in for Rhino to assign materials and render it. I used most of the default settings, in Flamingo, for basic studio lighting. I feel the combination of these two programs makes for a good modeling and render package. You get a lot at a reasonable price.

I wouldn't mind putting some cash down, to get an usable step file or STL so I can print it on my large printer :)

and love the "alternate version" better then I would have expected with that color :)
Maybe do a A-Team version.

what reference did you use for the drawing ?

Last edited:
Thank you. I am happy to see my efforts up to this point have been well received. I've always loved the Syd Mead design, and it is fun playing with the alternate realities. The A-Team scheme would look great, especially after modifying the mirrors to be more aerodynamic and adding a rear spoiler.

Regarding the availability of my files, at present I still need to finish engineering the internal support structures and to make the parts printable. So, I have a great deal of work ahead of me. I do plan to print parts for myself over the next year, in order to build a one-off version for my collection. Once I have completed my project successfully, I will consider what to do next at that time. It will be a formidable task, due to the scale and overwhelming number of parts that will need to be printed.

As far as reference material is concerned, I referred to the production blueprints of the 1:1 car and on-line images for landmark items. For the rest, I used my best guess.

Rick

I wouldn't mind putting some cash down, to get an usable step file or STL so I can print it on my large printer :)

and love the "alternate version" better then I would have expected with that color :)
Maybe do a A-Team version.

what reference did you use for the drawing ?

On second thought, Sebastian's van would be an ideal candidate for an "A'Team van" make-over. I will work on those images too.

Thank you again for your comments. I sincerely appreciate them.

I have started printing a few of the several hundred parts that comprise this model. In the end, my one -off model with be a composite of both printed and handmade parts. The size makes it cost prohibitive for me to print 100% of the parts. I will post WIP images when I have it sufficiently under construction.

Thank you again.

Rick

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back