Koolshade sources

some vintage koolshade pictures koolshade 2.jpgkoolshade 3.jpgkoolshade.jpg

taken from iphone

Ok so in further talks with koolshade, the engineer there is saying if there is enough demand, he will build a small machine to compress the louvres from 17 to 23 just like the original. It would be uncoated so would need painting. It would be more than the £70/m2 due to the work but considerably less than the £215. Does anyone think they have a market?

btw for those that have asked, I'm waiting for them to check how much you need for a tie.

Is this still happening, The compression from 17 to 23 for £70/m2?
Its not clear from your final costing.

Rob

i dont know if it is, i know he has worked out the costs, i think it depends on if he gets enough demand on koolshade from modellers in general to justify the outlay on the tooling.

Curious if any of the vintage Koolshade Tie Fighter guys would be willing to sell the leftover scraps to help with a MF build? If you've got scraps, PM me!

IIRC a 15" x 11" section should cover you. The strip that wraps around the circumference aft of the cockpit is included that size.
I have a smaller section I can cut down to those dims if you're interested.

And I'll have some bigger sheets in soon :)

Last edited:
IIRC a 15" x 11" section should cover you. The strip that wraps around the circumference aft of the cockpit is included that size.
I have a smaller section I can cut down to those dims if you're interested.

And I'll have some bigger sheets in soon :)

Will you be selling sheets for the Tie Fighter?
If so I am interested in buying some from you

Will you be selling sheets for the Tie Fighter?
If so I am interested in buying some from you

Yep, there will be a small handful that are up for grabs. But I'm planning to hoard the rest now that I won't be able to get more. :)
Drop me an e-mail and I'll keep you in the loop.

How much would be needed for the Falcon.

My last post has the dimensions listed, I think it was Stu (eagle1) that figured out the correct sizing for the 5-footer.

Last edited:
I thought VAT only applied to purchases in the UK? Stuff shipped outside the UK (EU?) would not have VAT applied... bet I have that wrong.
Guess this answers my question elsewhere about where the models were built. Obviously, built in the UK, that is where the Koolshade comes from!
R/ Robert

I thought VAT only applied to purchases in the UK? Stuff shipped outside the UK (EU?) would not have VAT applied... bet I have that wrong.
Guess this answers my question elsewhere about where the models were built. Obviously, built in the UK, that is where the Koolshade comes from!
R/ Robert

No they were built in the US.

I'm pretty sure Koolshade didn't originate in the UK either, but changed ownership. The original company that manufactured it was Reflectal back in the 1950's and later became a subsidiary of a big conglomerate corporation. Berg-Warner, or something like that.. can't remember the exact name. Both were headquartered in the U.S. (back when we still made stuff..)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back